August 20, 2014 | 961 users online

Fragrances - Burberry - Brit

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by MarianNorris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this! This is my all time favorite fragrance! There just is NOTHING that compares. Viva La Juicy tries but fails! I can't even begin to describe the notes, I'm no good at that. I've heard it's very vanilla but to my nose I don't even smell vanilla at all...just try it! I've heard it's too sweet, I've heard it's foody. NONE of that is how I would describe Brit at all, it is NOT SWEET, it smells NOTHING like any food I would eat. If anything, it's very spicy and actually could even be considered masculine somewhat. It's smells nothing like the plain Burberry scent which is very floral and girly.

It's great. The EDP is much better than the EDT.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by cbrown87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This perfume is way too sweet for me. I find it almost gag worthy.
I sprayed this on and within 5 minutes I promptly went to the bathroom to wash it off. Disgusting. If you like super sweet perfumes (like the ones they sell at Victoria's Secret) then you might want to give this one a whirl.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by csquared14

When I was about 11 or 12, I got it in my head that this was THE perfect, sophisticated perfume--no idea why I fixated on this particular one. That idea kind of stuck with me, and I coveted a bottle of it for years. It is a bit pricey, so I finally got one when I was 20. I have to say, it's lived up to my little-girl expectations.

I love vanilla-based scents, but they so often are either way too strong and sickeningly sweet (VS's Amber Romance comes to mind). This is definitely a vanilla, but it's more refined than other vanillas out there. I'm no perfumer, but I tend to pickup a bit of a citrus-y scent in there as well, and whatever it is, it cuts the sweetness and makes the fragrance a bit more sophisticated and complex. It's incredibly versatile--light enough for the office, but deep enough for a night out. It's certainly not a cheap fragrance (although I got mine on sale for $30 at Target, so if you look, you definitely don't have to end up paying $50+ for it), but it's well worth it. I don't LOVE the packaging, but it's definitely clean and classic--both quintessential Burberry traits, so it's hard for me to fault them for sticking to their brand. The cap could fit better, but that's my only real complaint.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by iheartpandas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this fragrance because at first spray it remindes me of earl grey tea (yum!) It has a well rounded vanilla that doesn't turn on my skin as other vanillas have in the past. It is sweet, but not in a cloying way. The EDT lasts most of the day on me (a great work scent). It's sophisticated, sexy, and my bf loves it. Think i finally found my HG perfume.

The only thing i'm not too crazy about is the cap. It's square with very pointy edges so use caution if you're digging around for your bottle in your bag. However, an atomizer solved this for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 5:13:00 AM More reviews by coco280

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking for a new fragrance, you know, just for fun! I have my signature Hypnose from Lancome for over 5 years and the first time that I tried Burberry Brit (a couple months ago). I was shocked. It reminded me of Hypnose in a weird way. Still, Burberry Brit is my second choice. I love it, it's fresh, it's sexy.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 4:28:00 AM More reviews by jenniferhearts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My husband bought me this fragrance, it smells pretty and professional. I think when I first received it, it was too mature of a scent for me. Now I appreciate it more, but it's still not very young or fresh to me. It smells sandalwood and rose scented combined, if that makes sense. I like it and smells much better once it's been on the skin. I have had the regular size for years so I don't know if or when I will ever buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by captainflamingo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Brit is such a peculiar perfume. It reminds me of Alien by Thierry Mugler. They both have this hard-to-pick-out quality about them that reminds me of the dentist's office or a new car. I love Alien, however, but Brit reminds me of a car freshener that my grandfather used to use. The notes always seem oddly blended then bathed in sweetness. I can't categorize it in anything, but I guess it's closest to floral. It has a bitter quality to it that many wildflowers posess. Its notes are lime, icy pear, green almond, white peony, sugared almond, mahogany wood, amber, vanilla beans and tonka beans. I don't detect any of those. I just detect "grandpa's car freshener" Price is steep and packaging is bland, but still attractive. I don't recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by mandymoos2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've wanted this perfume for so long but held off buying it until I had finished up some of my other perfumes. I absolutely adore this perfume, I bought the EDP & it has great staying power. The scent lasted all night & I caught a faint whiff of it when I woke up! Don't understand the comments about it lasting only a few hours! Those reviews must be talking about the EDT! I find this scent very comforting & very classy,love the bottle too!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by MsGolightly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this perfume, it's one of my favorites for fall and winter. It's vanilla-based and sweet, but not in a juvenile way. It has fruit notes in it, but you won't notice them unless you know they are there. According to Sephora, has notes of italian lime, icy pear, green almond, white peony, sugared almonds, amber, mahogany, vanilla, and tonka bean. I find this scent to be very comforting, warm, and pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by thelonelyraindrop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is honestly THE best vanilla based perfume I have ever smelled.
The EDT lasts all day on me!
I love it as a winter/cold weather fragrance, and the packaging is simply and chic.( I love the patterned bottle.)
What I like most about it, though is how it smells good from the first spray. I don't need to wait for it to settle like other perfumes before the good notes come out with the warmth of my skin. It smells amazing from the get-go. Will for sure be buying this again!
Potentially my first true H/G perfume for me =D