September 3, 2014 | 1051 users online

Liquid - La Prairie - Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation SPF15

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2006 10:55:00 PM More reviews by lrbashir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It makes me sad to write this review. I LOVED my LP caviar foundation - I went from begging samples to actually buying a bottle, convinced I had found my HG. But, after using it for a month or two, I realized I was getting a lot of breakouts. I'd never really had whiteheads before, just some cystic acne, but lately I've been getting whiteheads all the time. When I switch back to MMU, they seem to go away.

Which leads me to believe that my beloved LP is causing the problems. I'm really upset about that.

It gives a beautiful finish and really makes my skin look flawless. I get constant compliments on my complexion when I use it, but the breakouts are a real problem (I scar easily, so breakouts stay with me for a long time). And honestly, though it's pricey, I can see the bottle lasting up to a year, so overall it's actually pretty inexpensive.

Too bad :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2006 8:17:00 AM More reviews by nortybunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a lot of samples when I shopped at La Prairie about months ago. I tried this out and found the texture very smooth and thin and natural looking. My sis gave me a compliment when I was wearing this. :) I don't think I will buy the full size though as It's very expensive.

Updated!
I used this foundation in creme peche yesterday. It's the perfect match for my skin tone. It stays on all day. It looks so natural and flawless. Love it! The best!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2006 12:22:00 PM More reviews by knxthree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After seeing all the great reviews I thought I would try. Big Mistake! After two weeks of use, my face had blackheads and whiteheads everywhere. Even my forehead where I never get them. Went to my facialist and she couldn't believe the congestion I had. This product had average coverage and nice finish, but it actually didn't wear very well after a few hours. My Jane Iredale liquid is way much better than this stuff and 1/3 the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2006 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Fulltiltredhead

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My HG foundation. I wore Estee Lauder DoubleWear before. I am boycotting Estee Lauder and therefor had to find another foundation, and an MUA-er recommended this foundation to me back in August 2005. I finally set my teeth and spent the money. Well worth it. It's beautiful. Applied with a brush, you can sheer it right out, and even applied incredibly sheerly, it covers well. A bit of powder to set, and you're gorgeous for hours and hours.

The included foundation is too creamy for me to use under my eyes, as it makes my lower liner/mascara run, but it's perfect for those few broken capillaries or boo-boos.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2006 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Lenna0013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Too expensive, almost like an insult to an average customer. I had couple of testers that lasted a while, and while I wore this foundation to some fomal events, I can't imagine wearing it every day. Why? Because it actually DOES make your face look like a mask, like one reviewer said. Let me get this straight though: it's a very high-quality foundation, no doubt of that, nice colours that match your skin, but the foundation itself is definitely too thick and not suitable for every-day use, except if you do want to cover your face up, which i refuse to do. I loved the fact that it made my skin look flawless all night long, but I also hated the fact that even my expression lines wouldn't show. This must be a good stage make-up I suppose, or suitable for people with deep wrinkles (I only have few fine lines), scars or skin problems.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2006 7:29:00 AM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't wear foundation very often ,but when I do this is the one (since my Water Canvass dried up) I reach for , it is madly expensive but makes me look absolutely radiant, my skin is ok at the moment but I still have acne scars/blemishes . When I wear this I always get people commenting on how well I look, how good my skin is (!) especially when compared with Estee Lauder's Pink Shimmer Blushlight cream blusher. It really wears well, doesn't slide off my face & the bottle really should last between 6months- 1 year depending on how you apply, good stuff. My only complaint is though it comes in a nice heavy glass bottle with the concealor in cap & brush & stand , it really isn't portable at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2006 7:38:00 PM More reviews by influenza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

err, I have been wesring this foundation for like 6 months now and I was just loving every single moment of it. As I am only 18 I was used to my acne prone skin, and was quite happy that i`d found this high coverage product to hide all of the zits away, and was doing a very goof job as well. However, my zits never seemed to fade away, thing that I thought was because of my oily acne prone complexion and on hormonal basys, I never thought for a moment that it could have the slightest thing to do with my heavenly foundation that i`d found. I was ill for about a weeb and a half so I had to stay indoors, which meant no foundation for like a week or so, and what do you know, everything dissapeared and my face was doing so wonderfully great, I had no idea what was happening, i`d just thought that it was one of those good periods I tended to have once in a blue moon. after resuming my foundation, i realized the bumps especially on my forehead, so I started wondering and looked for some reviews. and I found these where I read that it`s not for oily skin and that it causes breakout, what I think that applies in my situation as well.

What I actually wanted to ask you, I know that la prairie is considered the best in the world, and I feel really bad for having to give up to it :/ it was the perfect bottle with the perfect combination giving a perfect smooth finish. Are there any good expensive brands out there that have matte shockingly good foundations such as this one? Any better than this one? any chance to find the foundation that suits me and that also pleases me phisically? I mean with la prairie it`s not just the outcome that it looks beautifully afterwards just as if your face is made of wax, but you also feel very special and very fortunate when using it, it has that luxurious air that I honestly need :/ please help perhaps some tips

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2005 5:27:00 PM More reviews by ergi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ordered a sample, hoping to check ingredients before committing to this foundation. Unfortunately, all I learned was "6% octyl methoxycinnamate." Not off to a good start (this sunscreen tends to irritate) but optimistic, I applied the pale (crème pale), light coverage foundation. The formula blends well into skin, a luminous barely-there look, though inadequate for brightening or covering redness. This explains in part how people finish the concealer before even 5% of the foundation (several mentions on MUA boards) - the concealer must actually offer coverage! If your skin is even-toned and needs a slight boost toward flawless, this is the foundation to buy. It wears comfortably - hydrating and light, even for sensitive, dry skin like mine. But again, those wanting coverage - look elsewhere. (me: dry rosacea-prone German-Irish skin, 30's)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2005 10:01:00 AM More reviews by littleliverbird

I SO wanted to love this, but i really did not like it at all. I have wasted so much money searching for the right foundation, i have tried nearly every brand out there from the cheapest to the most expensive (like this), and yet i am still to find my HG foundation. I read the great reviews on here about this product and it seemed to tick all the boxes: Great coverage, lasts all day and a good colour match. Well, i am 26, and have very fair skin, i like full coverage as that is my personal preference, but i dont want my make-up to feel heavy. I called La praire at my nearest house of fraser and asked for some samples of this foundatoin. The salesperson was lovely, and she promptly sent me a package full of sample size La prairie goodies. I got the 3 lightest shades of the skin caviar (creme pale, porcelene blush and creme blush) and after giving them all a fair try, (creme blush was way too dark, porcelene blush was also too dark) creme pale seemed to be a perfect shade for my skin. The foundation itself was a very runny consistency and made my face instantly look like an oil-slick after application. Luckily, after a dusting of my laura mercier powder, this took the shine away and made the finished look quite nice....... From a distance! Close up, it looked chalky and very artificial. I felt that the coverage was at best medium. It did not cover my 'imperfections' well at all. I do not feel that this is suitable for anyone wanting full coverage as it just does not deliver that. It also seemed to wear off as the day went on and left a few blotches. I really did not feel that this lived up to the expectations i had for it. It is definitely not worth the price, as it looked like a very cheap foundation on my skin. I felt very self-concious wearing this, as i knew it did not look as good as my usual estee lauder maximum cover foundation. Had this foundation worked, then i would not have hesitated to fork out the money for it. I am just so glad i didn't as it would have been a total waste of money. I do not think this foundation would wear well in the summer months either as i feel it would melt right off your face! I think it's back to square one for me and my quest to find the right foundation........

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2005 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was stunned that the foundation color was an exact match to my skin. I like to use it under my eyes, it is the only foundation that I can put under my eyes that doesn't make my eye makeup turn into racoon eyes.

I was sure this foundation would make me break out, but it doesn't. It isn't enough on it's own, I wear Versace powder foundation on top of it. But boy is it nice, and I would buy it again and again. A little goes a very long way.