Rimmel Lasting Finish - Airy Fairy

3.9

on 9/10/2012 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this product, It's inexpensive at about $6 in my area. It comes out a nude pink color, almost matte. I have a very unnatural shade of red hair so it's hard to find lipcolors to match, and this one does the trick, so I am very, very happy with it!

on 9/3/2012 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of my go to lip colors when I'm feeling a nudey/pink look which is most days. This lipstick is very moisturizing and glossy. It doesn't last all day without a lip liner underneath but I don't mind reapplying after eating or drinking. It does have a faint smell to it that reminds me of childhood play makeup but it's not noticeable on the lips. I've repurchased this color many times.

Love and love the color just not how long it lasted.

on 8/16/2012 5:23:00 PM

This is the best lipstick ever! Not only because of the color, but because it leaves your lips feeling really smooth and it lasts a long time. You can pair it with any makeup look and it will look perfect. Besides it isn't expensive and the quality is great. I'm already on my second one.

on 8/7/2012 4:01:00 PM

I've been looking to try out some new lipsticks for a good price, so I recently decided to pick this one up, since I've heard some pretty good things about it. At first I thought it looked a bit blah in the tube but I got home, tried it, and I must say I adore this product. For me, this is my perfect "my lips but better" color. If I want to wear a lipstick but don't want it to be very obvious that I'm wearing one, I'll go for this. It's almost exactly like my natural lip color but so much better! I've been testing out the staying power and it lasts a few hours on me. Plus it only costs $5! Will repurchase.

on 7/25/2012 2:40:00 PM

I love this shade...I have an olive complexion and most light shades made me look dark but this shade actually gives my face a healthy glow!!

on 7/23/2012 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wish one of the available answers to "Would you buy this product again?" could be "YES YES YES!"
I love this lipstick. Like, way more than anyone should. Years ago, I had this L'oreal HIP lipstick in Mod or something and it was a short-lived product, so I was never able to repurchase. Anyway, it was a very slightly shimmery nude pink and I loved it. (It wasn't moisturizing in the slightest though.) Anyway, after that went off the shelves, I was stuck.
And then I discovered Airy Fairy. Holy. Smokes. This is an almost exact dupe of the HIP lipcolor, except that it doesn't dry out my lips at all or make my teeth look yellow (which unfortunately, the HIP one tended to do). It's creamy and flattering on seemingly every skin tone and I just love love LOVE it. Definitely my HG lipstick for everyday use when I don't want a bold lip.

on 6/29/2012 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I really like Rimmel lipsticks. I find them to be highly pigmented and good value for money. They last for hours on my lips and don't kiss off easily. I probably need to reapply just once throughout the day. I don't find them drying on my skin, but they're not moisturising either. I always wear a lip moisturiser or balm underneath and find that helps. The scent is subtle and pleasant, and these lipsticks do not have a terrible taste (L'Oreal lipsticks I'm looking at you). If you're like me and get bored with lipstick colours I would recommend Rimmel because of the price and quality. I own quite a few of these and like them all. Whilst airy fairy is not my favourite colour and I don't wear it everyday. If I'm feeling girly, this is the pink I wear. I find it flattering on my fair skin. I like that this is not too bold and is an understated pink. I find it suitable for everyday wear without looking like you're too done up or trying really hard.

I won't be repurchasing this. I've heard so many raves about Airy Fairy being a perfect my-lips-but-better shade. However, I was disappointed with this purchase.

Cons:
-Drying. It magnified all the lines on my lips, & I'm not even old.
-Color sucks. It looked like a light, brownish nude on me. The brown tone killed it, because I'm NC10 & there's no way that'd ever look natural. It looked like I had been drinking a lot of Starbucks.

I'm going to apply this with a lip balm underneath tomorrow, but if I still hate it - it will be given to my mother.

on 5/24/2012 10:45:00 PM

I don't really understand why people always mention this one as a "nude" lipstick. I'm a fair-skinned asian, and this looks mid-toned pink with a bit of mauve undertone on my lips. It's not a bad lipstick at all, but I'm simply disappointed. It's just too dark for me to call it "nude".

Recommended for Medium Skin