Cover Girl Clean

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone, Camphor, Menthol, Propylparaben, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil (Clove), Methylparaben, BHT, Iron Oxides, May Contain:, Ultramarines

on 10/9/2008 11:28:00 PM

I have used this powder since I was about 13 and I will use it till the day I die. It is the ONLY powder that doesn't break me out! Wierd, I know, but for some reason my skin is very sensitive to powders, of all things, and this is the only kind I've ever been able to use without getting zits galore. I LOVE the smell, it smells fresh & clean, and the color(Ivory) works just about perfectly for me. Though I wish they'd make a paler white shade that would match exactly, lol...

On the fun side, my mom tells me that this stuff has remained totally unchanged since SHE wore it when she was my age back in the 60's! I love it.

on 10/9/2008 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This powder is okay. I use this after applying foundation or tinted moisturiser. It does a good job of reducing/absorbing shine and is not too cakey.

However I did have a couple of problems with it. The powder has a pretty wierd fragrance which bothers me a lot. Its so strong that i cant keep it with all my other makeup products because they will smell like the powder too. I've also noticed that all CG face products are very pink undertoned (Im Asian with yellow/olive undertones so that won't work). So if i use too much of this on my face, it will turn out pink. Will not be repurchasing.

UPDATE: i hardly use this anymore so i ended up throwing it out. Fragrance bothers me a lot.

on 10/8/2008 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

First of all, the price is great! I bought mine for about $4.00 cdn. It doesn't make up for what the actual product is about though. I have heard many complaints of the powder shattering and cracking up when it is dropped. It has horrible oil control, doesn't have good coverage (looks like a mask when over applied) and the puff gets very gross after a while. That means you have to keep buying replacements. It does have a bad smell. Even though the price is great, I think that quality is better and I'd rather spend a little bit more and get something that'll last me longer.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I really love this powder. It's simple and classic. It's never damaged my skin and I love the Noxzema smell. This is definitely one makeup product I will always buy.

EDIT: After using this everyday for a month my skin began to break out. I don't know why! I makes me a bit sad as I really like this product but can no longer use it.

on 9/19/2008 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

First off, if you don't like a powder that has a fragrance, don't buy this. The fragrance is the same as the Noxema face washes, NOT what I want my face to smell like. Also, I dropped this once, and the powder broke into pieces and became unusable.
The powder itself is average. It gets rid of shine, but doesn't last very long. I rarely wear foundation, so I would wear this on top of sunscreen and concealer.

on 9/18/2008 4:58:00 PM

I too thought at my age and stage in life needed something "better", plus I seem to be alot oiler than I was in my teens and twenties. I can't find anything to control the oilys, so on a whim I bought this after 15 years of using more expensive stuff. So far I have only had to reapply once and I didn't really need it for shine, just to freshen up. I like the smell and the powder looks good, doesn't feel cakey, and hasn't changed colors on me (8 hours later). Can't believe something with oil controls shine! I'll get back on whether it breaks me out, but so far so good.

I used this over my mineral makeup, because I ran out of my Everyday minerals silk dust (which blows this out of the park) and it didn't do anything to sort of fill in the places where I have bumps, and just made everything look powdery and dry. It gave me dry patches even on my well moisturized and primed skin. Ick. Never again. On the plus side, it does have great packaging.

on 7/25/2008 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

You know this is really such a fluke. I have spent a kings ransom on powders to get that perfect look. I've spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars in my quest for that perfect pale powder that would make me look flawless and truly control my oiliness (a tall order since most companies don't even make a powder pale enough for me let alone one that has good coverage and controls oil well). I can't count the times I've schlepped to the post office to return any number of expensive powders that I've tried, but there have been many trips. The funny thing is that I had always used this powder growing up and people always told me that I looked flawless. I only needed to use this maybe three times a day which is nothing when you produce oil faster than any Arab nation.

I don't know why I strayed, but when I started to make good money and my tastes became more sophisticated, I guess I felt silly using this cheap powder. I thought I could do better so for the past three years I have been using every powder under the sun and not one of them gives me the results that Cover Girl's Clean Powder in Creamy Natural does. It's just bizarre really. I pulled out one that I had bought two years ago that was living in a drawer and decided to look at it to see if it was still as impressive as I remembered. Boy did I feel stupid and relieved at the same time. Not only does this blow all the other expensive, sophisticated powders out of the water, it actually gives me the best coverage of them all (and I do mean all). It also controls oil better than any powder out there (and trust me I know what I am talking about there). I hardly notice the comforting Noxema scent but I do notice how my pores disappear and how matte my face looks for much longer than I am used to. Why oh why did I ever stray (by the way this stuff rocks whether you use a powder brush or the puff it comes with....it's just amazing powder).

on 7/22/2008 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This has been one of my staples since high school. I LOVE the Noxema smell. I think this works as well as MAC Blot in light for a fraction of the cost. After I apply liquid foundation and any concealor I blot this all over my face to "set" my makeup. I also use it all day to touch up & keep any shine at bay. This doesn't change the color of my foundation. However, the covergirl green compact and gray compact do (not sure of the names of those formulas). I only use the brown colored compact.

I use this powder in it's fragranced form (the one in the brown compact) over CG's orginal 'Clean' foundation, b/c the one in the green compact oxidizes and this one doesn't, and also I luv the Noxema smell! I have light-med skin, and use this in Ivory or Classic Ivory (it's pretty translucent). The powder itself it good, it mattify's my skin while keeping my makeup looking fresh and natural. It can look cakey w/touchups, but I have found applying w/a brush eliminates caking. But overall a really great d/s powder, that I seem to keep coming back to.