October 1, 2014 | 1817 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2008 9:48:00 PM More reviews by pretiiandroid

I really love this powder. It's simple and classic. It's never damaged my skin and I love the Noxzema smell. This is definitely one makeup product I will always buy.

EDIT: After using this everyday for a month my skin began to break out. I don't know why! I makes me a bit sad as I really like this product but can no longer use it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 8:38:00 PM More reviews by vvs9992003

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, if you don't like a powder that has a fragrance, don't buy this. The fragrance is the same as the Noxema face washes, NOT what I want my face to smell like. Also, I dropped this once, and the powder broke into pieces and became unusable.
The powder itself is average. It gets rid of shine, but doesn't last very long. I rarely wear foundation, so I would wear this on top of sunscreen and concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by sixyoungs

I too thought at my age and stage in life needed something "better", plus I seem to be alot oiler than I was in my teens and twenties. I can't find anything to control the oilys, so on a whim I bought this after 15 years of using more expensive stuff. So far I have only had to reapply once and I didn't really need it for shine, just to freshen up. I like the smell and the powder looks good, doesn't feel cakey, and hasn't changed colors on me (8 hours later). Can't believe something with oil controls shine! I'll get back on whether it breaks me out, but so far so good.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2008 2:36:00 AM More reviews by letsbedazzle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this over my mineral makeup, because I ran out of my Everyday minerals silk dust (which blows this out of the park) and it didn't do anything to sort of fill in the places where I have bumps, and just made everything look powdery and dry. It gave me dry patches even on my well moisturized and primed skin. Ick. Never again. On the plus side, it does have great packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2008 2:51:00 AM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You know this is really such a fluke. I have spent a kings ransom on powders to get that perfect look. I've spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars in my quest for that perfect pale powder that would make me look flawless and truly control my oiliness (a tall order since most companies don't even make a powder pale enough for me let alone one that has good coverage and controls oil well). I can't count the times I've schlepped to the post office to return any number of expensive powders that I've tried, but there have been many trips. The funny thing is that I had always used this powder growing up and people always told me that I looked flawless. I only needed to use this maybe three times a day which is nothing when you produce oil faster than any Arab nation.

I don't know why I strayed, but when I started to make good money and my tastes became more sophisticated, I guess I felt silly using this cheap powder. I thought I could do better so for the past three years I have been using every powder under the sun and not one of them gives me the results that Cover Girl's Clean Powder in Creamy Natural does. It's just bizarre really. I pulled out one that I had bought two years ago that was living in a drawer and decided to look at it to see if it was still as impressive as I remembered. Boy did I feel stupid and relieved at the same time. Not only does this blow all the other expensive, sophisticated powders out of the water, it actually gives me the best coverage of them all (and I do mean all). It also controls oil better than any powder out there (and trust me I know what I am talking about there). I hardly notice the comforting Noxema scent but I do notice how my pores disappear and how matte my face looks for much longer than I am used to. Why oh why did I ever stray (by the way this stuff rocks whether you use a powder brush or the puff it comes with....it's just amazing powder).

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Luv_MAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been one of my staples since high school. I LOVE the Noxema smell. I think this works as well as MAC Blot in light for a fraction of the cost. After I apply liquid foundation and any concealor I blot this all over my face to "set" my makeup. I also use it all day to touch up & keep any shine at bay. This doesn't change the color of my foundation. However, the covergirl green compact and gray compact do (not sure of the names of those formulas). I only use the brown colored compact.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by ELIZApatricia

I use this powder in it's fragranced form (the one in the brown compact) over CG's orginal 'Clean' foundation, b/c the one in the green compact oxidizes and this one doesn't, and also I luv the Noxema smell! I have light-med skin, and use this in Ivory or Classic Ivory (it's pretty translucent). The powder itself it good, it mattify's my skin while keeping my makeup looking fresh and natural. It can look cakey w/touchups, but I have found applying w/a brush eliminates caking. But overall a really great d/s powder, that I seem to keep coming back to.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 5:40:00 PM More reviews by bmk4343

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A really good, cheap, basic powder. I keep it in my purse and use it to when my skin gets oily during the day. It doesn’t provide you with a lot of coverage – meaning it doesn’t do a great job covering up red spots or blemishes. However, it does do what is promised – absorb oil and minimize the look of pores. It makes my skin look soft and smooth and feels light. For $3.99, I will definitely keep buying this product - It doesn't break out my sensative skin.

I usually wear a tinted moisturizer, concealer on the red/dark spots and a light mineral powder. I use the CG Clean as my touch up powder throughout the day. I love the small, round compact - so easy to toss in your purse. I always keep on in my purse! The package is perfect - forget those fancy compacts - this one has a good sized mirror and is flat and slim to take everywhere.

I'd give it 4 lippies for performance, 5 for value - so we'll average it to 5!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2008 3:07:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, the faux-tortoise compact is pretty and has a nice mirror. That's all the good I can say about this junk. I thought I'd save money and switch to a less expensive powder when it was BOGO at Walgreens. I ended up tossing both Cover Girl Clean powders after the product gave me acne in places I normally don't get it. The eucalyptus/floral scent is very strong, and I suspect that's the culprit. But it could be just cheap ingredients (talc, mineral oil, propylene glycol). Coverage is spotty and cakey, and colors turn orange after a few hours. I got the lightest warm shade, Classic Ivory, and I still had an orange mask by lunchtime. No sale.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this powder. It's the first powder I ever bought so there's some nostalgia going on here, but I like the color, texture, and finish. I never use the puff that's included---I swirl a powder brush across the surface. I get oily & shiny in the afternoon, but this takes care of that. If you don't like the Noxzema scent, you may find the fragrance of this product to be off-putting. I however like it. Whenever I run out, I plan to repurchase.