October 25, 2014 | 1714 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - L'Instant de Guerlain

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2006 11:56:00 AM More reviews by bedhead19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Notes: Citrus Honey, Magnolia Inclusion, Amber Harmony

this is beautiful. it is airy, modern, sexy, and a very grown up version of all the spring blossom and candy scents i usually wear. most of my fragrance tend to be things i feel aren't 'night time' scents, but this is. this is dinner at the relatives, important interview, meeting the parents. it says sophisticated, not stuffy.

the bottle is so pretty, too. i know that shouldn't matter, but i kinda does to me. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2006 6:21:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

I bought the EDT unsniffed. At first I didn't smell anything remarkable - you know when the first spritz of a fragrance tends to be mostly the drydown because of the small content that's been trapped in the spray mechanism since it was packaged? And like testers whose 1st spray are always the drydown (nb - when testing, spritz first away from yourself, then second on yourself so you always experience the topnotes). Anyway - my first spritz of the EDT was mostly honeyed amber, which is lovely but nothing particularly special. The second time I spritzed this (days later) I discovered the beautiful magnolia everybody's been talking about in previous reviews (which would probably have more presence in the EDP). It's a creamy and well-rounded natural smelling floral with just a hint of sweetness. The middle notes develop sweeter with the honey, drying down to a delicious vanillary amber. I appreciated the drydown more after I had experienced the topnotes (it was a completely difference experience when the first spray went straight to the drydown). I love this fragrance and the body lotion, the bottle is very beautiful, and I'm keen to try the EDP next.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2006 8:12:00 AM More reviews by CRosieB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I put this perfume in the same category as YSL Cinema and rate them both as way too dry for my skin chemistry.

Perfume is very much like wine for me. Anything that falls too far on either end of the sweet or dry spectrum just doesn't work for me. I like well blended, and mostly, no single notes.

This one, like Cinema, is well blended, but I could blow the dust off the top of the bottle, needless to say....non

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2006 6:28:00 PM More reviews by CRosieB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I know there are some who just love this, but I could not abide it. I had to wash it off straight away. On me I got notes of: deep spice, machinery oil, POLLEN, harsh and dry. Beware if you prefer your scents soft and feminine, this may not one for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2006 2:07:00 PM More reviews by starchild1166

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a pretty scent; it almost reminds me of Shalimar. The staying power is good and it's a soft romantic scent. Love this one!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2006 1:37:00 PM More reviews by MissCharlotteVale

The fact that this perfume resembles so many others (Tresor, Toccade etc.) may be the reason that it seems so commonplace to me. It smells like any other department store scent, and gave me a crashing headache.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2006 6:22:00 PM More reviews by alice_alix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

L'Instant edp is too heavy and sharp, artificial. But I like the pure pefume which is softer and not so 'synthetic'. A big plus (for those who like it) is a great lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2006 5:52:00 AM More reviews by st3lla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i just have one word to describe l'instant...Beautiful!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2006 1:24:00 PM More reviews by alice_alix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

L'Instant pure perfume juice is much better than EDP or EDT. EDP is headache inducing for me. Pure perfume is rich vanillic/honey composition, warm, semi-oriental. Very luxurious, even glamourous. The bottle is wonderful. I recommend it if you want a glamourous, very feminine perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2006 3:08:00 AM More reviews by TresMode

I wore this today, and I realized that I haven't used it in quite a while, but I still LOVED it. This is one of the few perfumes which I bought at the spot, right after sampling it for the first time (3 or 4 years ago) , it was truly LOVE AT FIRST SNIFF!! It is just a perfect blend of all the notes I love in a perfume. I keep wanting to smell myself when I wear this, and I also love the bottle design.