Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain

3.8

on 12/21/2006 12:23:00 AM

lovely bottle, but I don't see what the big deal is about this one. It just smells like generic hairspray to me. Not even hairspray that smells good. And I am someone who usually appreciates the different notes in perfume so this is pretty weird. I put some on, hoping that it would become something but it never did. Just hairspray.

on 12/12/2006 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Notes: Citrus Honey, Magnolia Inclusion, Amber Harmony

this is beautiful. it is airy, modern, sexy, and a very grown up version of all the spring blossom and candy scents i usually wear. most of my fragrance tend to be things i feel aren't 'night time' scents, but this is. this is dinner at the relatives, important interview, meeting the parents. it says sophisticated, not stuffy.

the bottle is so pretty, too. i know that shouldn't matter, but i kinda does to me. continued >>

on 12/11/2006 6:21:00 AM

I bought the EDT unsniffed. At first I didn't smell anything remarkable - you know when the first spritz of a fragrance tends to be mostly the drydown because of the small content that's been trapped in the spray mechanism since it was packaged? And like testers whose 1st spray are always the drydown (nb - when testing, spritz first away from yourself, then second on yourself so you always experience the topnotes). Anyway - my first spritz of the EDT was mostly honeyed amber, which is lovely but nothing particularly special. The second time I spritzed this (days later) I discovered the beautiful magnolia everybody's been talking about in previous reviews (which would probably have more presence in the EDP). It's a creamy and well-rounded natural smelling floral with just a hint of sweetness. The middle notes develop sweeter with the honey, drying down to a delicious vanillary amber. I appreciated the drydown more after I had experienced the topnotes (it was a completely difference experience when the first spray went straight to the drydown). I love this fragrance and the body lotion, the bottle is very beautiful, and I'm keen to try the EDP next.

on 11/26/2006 8:12:00 AM

I put this perfume in the same category as YSL Cinema and rate them both as way too dry for my skin chemistry.

Perfume is very much like wine for me. Anything that falls too far on either end of the sweet or dry spectrum just doesn't work for me. I like well blended, and mostly, no single notes.

This one, like Cinema, is well blended, but I could blow the dust off the top of the bottle, needless to say....non

on 11/16/2006 6:28:00 PM

I know there are some who just love this, but I could not abide it. I had to wash it off straight away. On me I got notes of: deep spice, machinery oil, POLLEN, harsh and dry. Beware if you prefer your scents soft and feminine, this may not one for you.

on 11/16/2006 2:07:00 PM

What a pretty scent; it almost reminds me of Shalimar. The staying power is good and it's a soft romantic scent. Love this one!!!

The fact that this perfume resembles so many others (Tresor, Toccade etc.) may be the reason that it seems so commonplace to me. It smells like any other department store scent, and gave me a crashing headache.

on 11/3/2006 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

L'Instant edp is too heavy and sharp, artificial. But I like the pure pefume which is softer and not so 'synthetic'. A big plus (for those who like it) is a great lasting power.

on 10/21/2006 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i just have one word to describe l'instant...Beautiful!!

on 10/16/2006 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

L'Instant pure perfume juice is much better than EDP or EDT. EDP is headache inducing for me. Pure perfume is rich vanillic/honey composition, warm, semi-oriental. Very luxurious, even glamourous. The bottle is wonderful. I recommend it if you want a glamourous, very feminine perfume.

Popular Fragrances