April 23, 2014 | 1319 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - Acne Solutions Line (all products)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by midnightblue1536

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product didn't do much for me; I noticed little to no difference. Infact, I even bought the set two times thinking maybe it will work if I use it a little bit longer. I feel like it just keeps my acne/blemishes under control, like from getting worse. Basically, my skin showed no difference when using this product. I still have acne but it just doesn't improve or worsen.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by elopes83

This product was way too expensive considering it didn't clear my little to moderate acne. I'm all for spending the money if the product works, but this does nothing.

Cleanser: the foam wash was okay, but it really didn't feel any different then cleaning my face with an Aveeno face wash - the Neutrogena grapefruit acne face wash did a better job. So $20 CND for a face wash that cleans less then a $7 CND cleanser is a waste of money

Toner: I didn't find that it cleaned deep down in pores - it didn't give me a tingling feeling that a toner that actually worked would do - if you have acne skin and want to spend the money the other Clinique toners are better (I use the #3 line because it has witch hazel that is fantastic)

Moisturizer: I really don't understand how an acne moisturizer is supposed to help with acne when it makes your face feel oily and dirty at the end of the day. I know there are different skin types that get acne as well but you would thing that an acne moisturizer would at least be able to control oil! Again NOT worth the money.

If you like Clinique and have acne just stick to the normal 3 Step routines they have - figure out with skin type you are and pick the right line. You'll probably clear your skin more efficiently then with the "Acne Solution" line

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2011 6:57:00 AM More reviews by flirsh

TERRIBLE!
this is my first review on any site but i read alot of reviews here so i thought i should share my experience... i am Africa and always had a bit of a slight problem with acne because of all the dust back home but moving t the uk really made my skin break out coz of the dry weather.. i have tried almost everything.. after giving birth, my acne got abit worse.. i've been rotating from tea tree products to aloe vera and then i tried clean and clear spot control kit(the one with no BP) worked great but still had tiny blackheads. and the moisturiser finishes real quick..two weeks ago i decided to use clinique acne solutions after good reviews and thought, its expensive,it must work...plus i can buy the moisturiser on its own
felt so good and excited using the clinique but reality hit! one and a half weeks and i have the biggest most painful bumps and pimples that i have ever had.. i couldnt touch my face... not to mention how dry my skin is now and my nose looks burnt! its itchy too...
For the last two days, i have been using clean and clear spot kit cleanser again and moisturising with clean and clear oil free dual moisturiser as i have not bought the kit again to get the moisturiser...my tea tree is done as well(its lasted a year).. i havent got any more spots in the last two days and the big ones that came up are trying but still abit big...

So i guess i am going back to using tea tree facial wash and rotating with clean and clear products.. i'll let my skin get back to normal and then try st ives apricot scrub for blemishes twice a week and also try meladerm for the dark spots as i got acne marks and i got a shade darker during pregnancy...
i hope i get my skin back.. but NEVER will i use the clinique kit AGAIN!!

UPDATE:
Its been 2weeks now, i didnt get the meladerm... too expensive at the moment as you need quite a few to see the results but am using something far more effective... tumeric, honey, yogurt,lemon mask and i put in some nutmeg to clear the skin... after i moisturise with a little extra virgin olive oil... its working wonders for me... and its all in my kitchen!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2011 8:50:00 AM More reviews by xificanthaveyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Meh ... I don't get this product line. It did nothing special for me. I believe it did hold back *some* blemishes because when I'd skip a day of using this out of laziness, I'd break a bit more. Because it didn't clear my skin; I'd still have some blemishes even if I used it religiously. It was a step up from the 3 Step System Clinique also carries, but nothing more than that. It smelled really chemically and bad and it was super expensive so I won't ever be repurchasing or recommending this product - it is simply not worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought the whole set of this product and was very disapointed that it did nothing for my skin! It didn't worsen nor improve it and did around the same thing as some more cheaper chemist branded cleansers, toners and moisterisers.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Sunny4475

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is only the 4th or 5th time I have felt like I needed to write a review for a product. Although I check mua on a daily basis, I dont buy a single thing without looking on here for reviews on it. So a big huge thanks to all of you who do take the time to write reviews! On to the acne solutions line by clinique....I turned 3 last year and about 2 weeks later my face went insane. I still have no idea what happened, but I spent most of this past year trying treatments after treatments, appointments after appointments, with little to no help in treating or getting rid of my acne. This problem has affected my life greatly. To prove my point I will list what I have tried....sulfactamide
pro active
acne free
zinc
minocycline
bactrim
burts bees tomato soap tomato toner
burts bees acne solutions moisturizer
metro gel
jojoba oil
cortizone injections
lemon juice
vitamin c toner

Then my friend at work told me she has used clinique acne solutions line and never looked back. So I thought what the heck, might as well try the next thing...and I was literaly amazed after the first use, and although I have only been using it for a week, this is the first week in 9 months that I have not had a new zit or 4 or 15! It has also cleared the 9 active ones I had when I started. I am left now with just hyperpigmentation which I will try and address once I have been clear for a few months. But dont walk...run to get this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by PoseyMadison

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First acne system I have ever used that actually cleared my skin up. It is very gentle compared to other systems. Buy this over Murad, which is terrible; there is nothing to compare.

My skin looked really bad after getting off of Murad, so I needed something to get it clear. I loved the wash very gentle, but the toner is what really did it for me. It has alcohol in it, but makes the face feel very clean. It is a great skin care line and at least the sizes are nice for the price. It truly is better quality than drugstore brands unlike say Murad.

Additionaly, the lotion is really nice but I find that 5% or 10% benzoyl peroxide gel clears the acne better even though they say 2.5% gives the same results without being irritating. I bought the Clean and Clear Persa-gel and Oxy Clinical, which both work really well, if you have severe acne. I just bought them to speed up the process and to put on top of the Clinique lotion.

The online chat they offer is very helpful, they recommended a make-up remover which I had never even heard of until that point, so it helps to ask.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2011 7:39:00 AM More reviews by rosetartes

Before I start, let me describe my skin.

I have very odd combination skin. Usually my skin is terribly dry. It's always flaky, and when I shower I can literally scrape the dead skin off.

However, it also gets quite oily, and I notice tiny beads of grease sitting on top of the dry patches and my cheeks/forehead. Washing usually made my skin tight, but I'm prone to acne from the ridiculous amount of grease.

I spoke to a Clinique customer service representative, and she suggested this line. I'll be reviewing each product separately.

Cleansing Foam: The smell is nice, and I like how light it feels. I used three pumps, and that was enough to wash my entire face and down my neck. However, it didn't help in removing my dead skin, and it left my face more dry.

Clarifying Lotion: I despise this product. It did remove the flakes that the foam left, but dried out my skin worse in the end. The smell is very strong, and it made my eyes sting and water. It also burned horribly.

Clearing Moisturizer: Not fond of this product either. It has a strong smell, though not as bad as the lotion. The consistency is quite greasy, and it was hard to spread. It made my skin peel to the point of my having to use a wet towel to brush the skin off, and it also burned.

My skin would be patchy and rough after using all three products.

The worst thing however about this line is that it gave me chemical burn. I had been using it for a while, and my skin felt stripped of moisture. I spoke to the previous customer service representative, and she told me that I could use a moisturizer on top if I was having issues. My skin was burning so I decided to use my vitamin E and tea tree oil moisturizer, which is for sensitive skin. That was a terrible mistake. My skin went from normal burning to feeling as if it were on fire. It also turned tomato red. I had to wash my face three times to get everything off, and spent the rest of the day putting cold, wet towels on my face. My face was tight to the point of my barely being able to even move, I was itchy, swollen, dry, and it was even more stripped than before (which I hadn't thought possible). I had to take Advil and Benadryl for the rest of the day, and wasn't able to use anything on my face for days.

Needless to say, I'm going to return the set, and I'll never use it again.

Thankfully, I recently found a line that seems to work for me. I've been using the Yes To Tomatoes Daily Pore Scrub and Clear Skin Daily Balancing Moisturizer. The scrub is great! It removes all of my dry skin, yet my face does not get tight or dry. It's also very soothing and my face feels so clean after. The moisturizer balances my skin perfectly!

The best thing is that I can actually wear makeup now. I wasn't able to do that with Clinique, as makeup would just enhance the flakes and the uneven texture.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by senoritasatan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff is terrible, for me. I didn't try this recently, I tried it last year but saw someone talking about it so I felt the need to review it because it is bad. I tried it when I started mysteriously breaking out, and I'm glad I tried it and gave up on it because I have much better skin since I stopped using harsh chemicals. This stuff dried my face out SOOO bad, the moisturizer does not moisturize, and I ended up with OILIER skin than I started with. And my skin is not oily to begin with. My skin felt tight and dry, yet looked oily. It did get rid of my blemishes, for about 2 weeks. After that it stopped working. Overall, terrible product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by babygirl24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the small 1 month kit just to see if it'd work; before trying Clinique I tried most of the products sold at stores. Many of them did not work, they just made my acne worse. My face would get red like a tomato from all the alcohol medication; pads, foaming cleansers, everything!
When I started using it, at first my acne did get worse (the lady at Clinique told me that it'd happen since the medicine was making the underlying acne come up), and I thought it wouldn't work. My mom was the one to tell me that it was working; it's not the same seeing yourself change since you don't notice it as much as another person. That was when I noticed that my forehead was clearing up, as well as my entire face. My nose is another story; blackheads never seem to go away.
The one important thing I've learned is that you have to keep using it; don't stop for a lil while even if it's short.
However, acne will come up from time to time but not as bad. A few lil pimple here and there, but nothing like before, that's for sure. And breakouts around your Aunt Flo visit is normal; no way around that.
Before using it, I had a lot of acne scars from picking (I couldn't help it no matter how hard I tried), and with time those went away as well. They're not as dark; they've lighted up so much that it's a miracle to me.
Now for the toner: I love it! I use it about a minute after using the cleanser so that it doesn't give me that lil sting. It's soothing on me; gets anything my cleanser didn't get, and it works.
The moisturizer does dry out fast once I use it on my skin, but I'd rather have that instead of oily skin. It smells pretty nice to me, and it cools my skin down after using both the cleanser and the toner.
Price wise: good quality comes with the price. Would like to see all three of these go down a bit since I'm a broke college student, but I'll still buy them in the end.
Definitely recommend it to ladies that are enemies with acne =)