Clinique Acne Solutions Line (all products)

on 7/2/2011 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Before using this product I had mild acne. A few on my forehead and on a few on the side of my face. For some odd reason, if I had one on my right side I usually get one on the left side. Not sure if anyone else is like that? aha but anyways after using this product I was so hopeful that it would work so I kept using it for about 3 months because they say that results would not sure until then...however, my acne got worse. I started getting bumps on my cheeks which I never had before, some on my chin and everywhere else. It was a disaster. I stopped using the products and saw that my acne started clearing up. I have combination skin and this line of acne products were just not helping me at all.

on 7/1/2011 8:55:00 AM

I have mixed skin with oily T-zone and I usually break out in my chin area. I'm using this system for 2 months but I haven't seen any improvement on my skin. It didn't cause any irritation but also hasn't cleared my blemishes. The foam is ok, nothing special, I liked the lotion, it clears my skin perfectly but the same does lotion no3. I found the moisturizer a little bit oily.

on 6/27/2011 1:57:00 AM

I started with the small set to try it and at first it did clear my skin, not completely but I did see an improvement.
A few weeks later I started to break out on my chin, and it had never happened before. Also, the products together were harsh on my skin, too drying.

In the end I used the moisturizer+bp as spot treatment and worked better that way.
I also switched to the soap bar when i finished the foam, and it is more gentle but works out fine :)

on 6/21/2011 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've used this for 3+ weeks. While I'm not finished with the set, I'm almost finished with the clarifying lotion (less than 1/4 of the bottle left), used 2/3 of the cleanser, and half of the moisturizer.
Cleanser ~ I think because this foams its not good for me. It leaves my face feeling tight & seems to make me break out. When I use the moisturizer (at night anyway), my acne seems to be reduced (like, less red and not big pimples), but as soon as I use the cleanser to wash my face, it makes them all red & big again!
Clarifying lotion ~ This definitely cleans my face (I see all the dirt on the cotton ball), which I like, but it break me out exactly the same as the cleanser. On a brighter note, I think it does control shine (as long as I don't use an SPF moisturizer).
Moisturizer ~ Definitely the best out of the set. When I use it at night, it makes my bumps look smaller & less red. As usual, benzyl peroxide bleaches things, but luckily the towels & pillow cases that I'm using are already bleached so it doesn't really matter. I also like that it doesn't dry my face out.. it really does keep face moisturized. I think if I had a better cleanser, this would work well.
Overall, I pretty much hate this stuff. I have never (or almost never) been embarrassed about my acne (it's not too bad.. occasional whiteheads and a few pimples every now & then), but with this.. it made me have hure red pimples, borderline cysts, and a bunch of smaller bumps/pimples. I keep using it though 'cause I'm not going to waste my mom's money, but I can't wait to be done with it! I've tried using it as directed (I always wash my face twice a day, but I would use all three steps), using only the cleanser and moisturizer, using a different cleanser with the clarifying lotion and moisturizer, using all three with a SPF moisturizer on the top, using cleanser with the clarifying lotion and SPF moisturizer (the worst combination). Yes, I tried it all & nothing works. I'm really sad 'cause I like Clinique, but I feel let down.

on 6/20/2011 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This set works amazingly well for me. I use the foam twice a day and the toner at night only, and I only use the moisturizer and spot treatment if I'm having a breakout - but honestly, since I've started using this stuff my skin has been nearly PERFECT. Prior to using it I was having painful cystic acne, and I tried many other things to no avail - Murad, for instance, did nothing. The only downside to this stuff is the cost, but it is more than worth it.

on 6/20/2011 2:45:00 AM

Cleanser lasted me 1 month.
Toner and lotion lasted me a bit longer.

The cleanser is foam, and in between my fingers made me think it would do nothing!
I felt the difference as soon as I rinsed it off.
It does give a deep clean and breaks apart the oil!

The toner is also just as great!
Tightening pores.

The lotion is the
last step and so vital!
It's like a last dose of medication

Did not over dry!
I cleared up nicely and have already replenished my supply with full size bottles.

Worth the try!

on 6/11/2011 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Omg this saved my skin! I still have scars but they're coverage! I remember just using only the three steps but that just made my skin peel and crack so I threw in curels lotion and now I don't have acne. It does take time to notice a difference just use it religiously!

on 6/7/2011 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have to step in here and give Clinique some love. I have been on the Acne Solutions Line for over a year now, and it's completely cleared up my skin. It has gotten to the point that I now don't feel the need to wear makeup anymore. I do have some dark pigmentation from old acne scars that I am working on with glycolic peels monthly and that is helping also. Love this stuff!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product didn't do much for me; I noticed little to no difference. Infact, I even bought the set two times thinking maybe it will work if I use it a little bit longer. I feel like it just keeps my acne/blemishes under control, like from getting worse. Basically, my skin showed no difference when using this product. I still have acne but it just doesn't improve or worsen.

on 5/9/2011 1:08:00 PM

This product was way too expensive considering it didn't clear my little to moderate acne. I'm all for spending the money if the product works, but this does nothing.

Cleanser: the foam wash was okay, but it really didn't feel any different then cleaning my face with an Aveeno face wash - the Neutrogena grapefruit acne face wash did a better job. So $20 CND for a face wash that cleans less then a $7 CND cleanser is a waste of money

Toner: I didn't find that it cleaned deep down in pores - it didn't give me a tingling feeling that a toner that actually worked would do - if you have acne skin and want to spend the money the other Clinique toners are better (I use the #3 line because it has witch hazel that is fantastic)

Moisturizer: I really don't understand how an acne moisturizer is supposed to help with acne when it makes your face feel oily and dirty at the end of the day. I know there are different skin types that get acne as well but you would thing that an acne moisturizer would at least be able to control oil! Again NOT worth the money.

If you like Clinique and have acne just stick to the normal 3 Step routines they have - figure out with skin type you are and pick the right line. You'll probably clear your skin more efficiently then with the "Acne Solution" line

Popular Face Skincare Products