October 25, 2014 | 1504 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Midnight Cowboy Rides Again

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by collegestudent88

I like the color because it goes with anything, but there is a lot of fall-out like their other glittery shadows which gets annoying to remove. I usually use it a bit as eyeliner .

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by marvin1

I was delighted to find this UD product on sale at Winners for like 5 bucks. But I guess you get what you pay for.

I LOVE the idea of this shadow: a golden-peachy colour with lots of glitter and shimmer. But like most other reviewer have stated, the fall-out is unbearable. After an hour of wearing this, I have glitter on my lashes, my cheeks, eye ball sometimes, my nose, as well as my lips.... It seems that the only place they don't want to stick to are my eyelids. And yes, I have tried it with a good base: both Primer Potion, Shadow Insurance, and cream shadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by thatglowingangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only way I get the glitter to stick is the following

1) Apply two faced shadow insurance
2) Apply a sticky cream shadow (Like NYX's jumbo pencils)
3) Heres the key!! load your brush with Midnight cowboy, and spray some water onto the brush, (like from a spray bottle) and apply it wet
The glitter lasts all day, I swear.

You can always just apply it directy to the sticky cream shadow but the water mixed in is way more adhesive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by evillittlekitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ugh.

Like others have said, it's pretty in the pan. But the fallout is ridiculous, even with primer and gentle pats to the eyelid and unspoken prayers to the makeup gods... And even if you make it through application, the stuff will still migrate to your cheeks in the hours that follow, because that glitter just wants to be freeeeeeee...

But don't let this review reflect badly upon UD shadows. When they're not packed with obscene amounts of glitter, they're top-notch. Just...skip this one. There are better ways to get your shine on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 5:10:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Urban Decay's MIDNIGHT COWBOY RIDES AGAIN is a beautiful golden toned beige, with lots of bronze, gold and silver glitter. A perfect base shade for my n15 skin tone. I wouldn't recommend MCRA for darker skin tones.

The quality of Urban Decay's eye shadows is unbeatable; the colours are so unique, well pigmented, easy to blend and they last all day.

I've removed a lipstick as MCRA is very glittery, so there will nearly always be a bit of glitter fallout. I usually avoid glitter, but the base color flatters my skin tone and brightens my eyes, so I'll keep on wearing MCRA.

The application of MCRA is very important; it really reduces the fallout. ALWAYS use primer potion (or shadow insurance) and apply MCRA with a finger using a patting motion, as opposed to sweeping motions with a brush. This gently pushes the shadow into the primer, so it sticks to the skin better.

If a bit of the glitter still falls onto your cheek before you leave the house use a bit of sellotape to remove it, don't try to rub it off with a wet wipe of cotton wool.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by nmhidi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

MIDNIGHT COWBOY RIDES AGAIN IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE SHADOW!! you have to love glitter to like this shadow. I usually am not a glitter lover, but this shadow makes me feel so good when I wear it out. It is a compliment to ANY other shadow color I have ever used it with. It is my go-to special occasion shadow, I wear it when I want to look my best. Whether I use a lot or blend alittle it is wonderful!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by angeldepig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Perfect!!!
i love those glitters very very much~~~ there's no other eye shadows can compare with it!
i found most people suffered from the fallout, but that's why u have to use the UD eyeshadow primer potion~~~
it will be much much better u wear the primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by UndressYourHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

All I have to say, is that the glitter fall out = me getting a particle stuck in my eye which wedged itself under my contact and literally scratched my eye. I got an infection and couldn't wear contacts for 2 weeks. I threw it away. The glitter is chunky and will get everywhere, although hopefully not in anyone else's eyes :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by helloanny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had this for quite a while, because the color looks really good on my skin. The fallout it horrible, but my love for the color outweighs that. As insane as it sounds, I use tape to pick up the glitter fallout. This shadow lasts all day with a really good primer. I like it a lot in brown smokey eyes/neutral looks. This should be used in moderation. This is also not for everyone. I usually only use MINIMAL amounts in my outer crease. I posted a swatch for you ladies.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love how it looks on my eyes. A nude pink with tons of shimmer and glitter. However there is major fall-out when applying, wait to do your makeup or you'll have to redo it. I used UDPP and at the end of the day there was still lots of glitter under my eyes and on my cheeks.