LUSH BIG

3.9

Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Cocamide DEA, Lauryl Betaine, Fresh Organic Lime Juice (Citrus aurantifolia), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Neroli Oil (Citrus amara), Mandarin Oil (Citrus nobilis), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Orris Absolute (Iris florentina), *Limonene, *Linalool, *Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Perfume

on 8/21/2012 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been using WEN for about 5 months now and I love it, but I saw many youtube videos on Lush products and this shampoo was on many must have lists. I was really suprised. the Big shampoo comes in a tub and it has a creamy light consistancy with lots of salt. I applied a small amount to my wet hair and I was shocked. It started lathering up immediately and my hair seemed to expand as I rubbed it in. I can only describe it as after you wash your hair and then you repeat the wash again and how lighter the hair feels when you apply the second coat of shampoo and the hair feels more airy. I can't really explain it that well. What I loved most about this shampoo is that it made my hair squeeky clean. I have oily hair so I like to get a deep clean. The smell is fantastic, very fresh and citrusy. I paired this with Veganese conditioner. After my hair dried, it felt so soft and very llight.I didn't experience any heaviness. I don't know if even I can use this daily because it does make the hair so clean, it might be too rough for my hair and I have oily roots. This would be great to use 1-2 times a week to clarify the hair.

on 8/12/2012 7:24:00 PM

I wanted to like this product, I really did.
I'm a huge Lush fan and got this product in a gift set. Honestly, it just didn't do anything for me. I didn't feel like it gave me any more body than normal and it didn't last long because I had to shampoo multiple times to get an appropriate lather/to make my hair feel clean.
My sister used it and she liked it but this one just isn't for me.

on 8/12/2012 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I've been a fan of this product for a few years. I have naturally curly hair and I blow dry it straight. I've always struggled finding products which add shine to my hair without causing frizz. This shampoo really works for me. It makes my hair super soft and shiny whilst cleaning it. I only use a small amount as it lathers up quite a lot. I combine using this with Moroccan oil to avoid any dryness however I've never experienced dryness not using the oil. I would definitely recommend!

on 8/3/2012 4:09:00 PM

I got a sample of this from my Lush and I have to admit I did not like it the first time I used it. However, after a couple more uses, I've grown to adore this shampoo. It definitely is very unique because I've never used a grainy shampoo before. It smells great and cleans your hair and scalp really well. However, I will say that it kind of dries out my hair (probably the sea salt) which makes my hair very tangled and hard to work with when trying to apply conditioner.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i was so excited when i bought this because of the reviews. but i honestly didn't think it make my hair big in any way. it made it really shiny but it looked greesy. at first i hated the smell but i got used to it. wouldn't buy it again.

on 7/19/2012 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this shampoo! But not for what it's supposed to do. I have fine, straight, hair that gets oily really fast. This shampoo doesn't help me with volume, but it helps control the oil which is something amazing for me. I only put this on my scalp, i don't use it for the middle or bottom part of my hair. I only use this once or twice a week, I use a more gentle shampoo the other days.
PROS:
Controls oil
Smells great
Deep cleans hair
CONS:
Contains sodium lauryl sulfate, which is bad for you
Tangles hair easily

on 7/8/2012 11:54:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This was the first shampoo I've ever used that came in a big tub and had a grainy texture, so it was an interesting experience! The tub could've been made so that it is easier to close, but nevermind that. First off, the lather it could be worked into was great, and I only need an amount the size of my thumb to clean my hair completely (it's about five inches longer than my shoulders). My hair felt clean after one rinse, and the smell of the shampoo was so fresh! I found that this shampoo helps add volume to my hair (which is normally medium in thickness). When I wake up in the morning after washing with this at night, my hair doesn't feel as flat at the crown but keeps that "just washed", soft feel. Sadly, this product is quite hard to find where I live, but I now use Kerastase Bain Satin 1, which gives the same results (different washing experience though).

on 5/31/2012 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE this shampoo. When I first bought it I was doubtful that it would lather up to get a good shampoo out of it, but surprising it does. It leaves my hair feeling soft and fresh and it smells lovely! My hair has a really glossy shine when it's dry and the smell lasts for days. Although it's rather pricey I really think it's worth the money.

on 5/24/2012 7:19:00 PM

I have very fine hair, very straight no maintenance needed at all.
I would say I like it enough to repurchase it, but not totally in love with it. I wash my hair every day, even with this product I will do. It gave me lots of volume after I blow dry in the morning. But later on afternoon around 3pm my hair starts getting a bit oily, but still better than I use other shampoo from drugstore. So that a huge improvement for me. But I still need to wash my hair every morning, because once I woke up in the morning my hair looks and feels very grassy, if I donít wash them my scalp will be very itchy. Even BIG is made for oily hair, but didnít solve my oily scalp. Well it still gives a good deep clean for scalp. After I this product, I noticed my hair grow much faster and healthier. Even my husband noticed my hair look much shinier and grow faster. For deep clean and volume I will repurchase this product again.

on 5/17/2012 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was given a sample of this at the Macy's Lush counter. Did not work for me. The first thing I was noticed was the smell...I hate it. I agree with the other reviewers that it's drying. It also made my hair feel like it had a residue buildup. Eww.

Top Rated LUSH Products