August 2, 2014 | 1342 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very expensive shampoo and contains SLS (Sodium Laureth Sulfate) that can cause breakouts around hairline or neck. That was my first thought and I wasnt rushing to try this "good reviewed" shampoo. However, I decided to give a try and asked for a sample at Lush.
Usually i have to use lots of shampoo to cover all hair and make it foamy (I do not have long hair but I like to use lots of shampoo so I feel it's everywhere, (Can't do a "pea size" shampoo amount!) But for this shampoo I needed very small amount to lather, love it. I was very surprised to feel sea salt in a shampoo, felt really strange but fun.
I used this shampoo twice, first it didnt lather into foam much, then I rinsed it and used little amount of shampoo again. Second time it was foamy and my hair felt really smooth and clean. I love the feeling of my hair when using this shampoo. The only problem, it;s getting sort of stiff (maybe from sea salt) so I definitely had to use good conditioner.
After drying my hair, I really saw a difference. My hair felt little thicker and very smooth. I might consider buying this shampoo for my birthday.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by dulcedeluxe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this shampoo. One of my favs (love Rehab also!) It makes my hair sooo shiny & clean!! Gives it a lot of volume because of the salt in it. In the beginning the big chunks of salt are a bit tricky to wash your hair with, but you'll get used to that. Smells great, so fresh.
Recommend this shampoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by absolia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Totally fell in love with this shampoo. I got A LOT of build-up from a shampoo/conditioner combination that made me start to hate my hair. Then I got this. Takes SO LITTLE to lather, the salt feels amazing on my scalp and leaves my hair soo clean and soft for DAYS. I hate washing my hair so this is literally the perfect shampoo for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by emmyboop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Destroyed my hair- it turned it into dry, nasty straw with split ends everywhere and growing it out was the only way to repair it. I normally have fine, thin hair so BIG sounded like a good idea- and it did give me more volume. But my hair has always been shiny and healthy, mostly because I don't do much too it- wash, dry and go. This stuff made me hair so, so dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by PhatMuffin

Smells divine, gave me intense super sexy volume and even got rid of my nasty scratchy scalp problems. However, it made my hair bone dry! I had really dry hair before I used this stuff so it's totally my fault, but I simply had to try it because I've heard so much great about it. I really miss using it because it's probably the best volume shampoo ever! Bet it's great for oily hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 3:29:00 AM More reviews by natalierosie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing. I can use this, let me hair dry naturally and it looks like a spent hours blow drying it. The secret is to mix it with another, regular shampoo and dont forget to condition! After, I use No More Tangles and a silkening serum. The price is very high and even though I can't afford this as often as I do, I buy it anyway because it is that gooD!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by lauren93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Love it! Very good smell. Made my hair shiny and soft. I'm gonna buy it again. Worht it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Snerby1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Contrary to what a review below said, this product DOES contain sulfates

ingredient list is at: http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/hair/bottled-shampoos/big

So do a lot of the other Lush shampoos too. In fact, looking through their shampoos MOST of them contain SLS.

I'm not saying that makes them bad, just be aware that they have it. I have keratin straightened hair and can't use SLS shampoo, was really keen to try a Lush 'poo as I like their other products and was really surprised to see SLS in the one I wanted to try.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by juliet1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The scent of this has a really powerful effect on me - every time I smell it it just me feel like Spring/Summer is about to begin, and I can just close my eyes and imagine being on a beach! I think it's because I associate this shampoo with the summertime, I've been using it for years but I don't use much during the winter when I prefer to use a very hydrating product. BIG shampoo is great for clarifying and getting out all of the gel and salt sprays etc that i use in my hair, leaving it incredibly shiny, swishy and light feeling, and my scalp always feels awesome after using this too. I only use this one a week and use a gentler shampoo for other washes because this can definitely be drying if used too much. I apply a small blob on wet hair then leave for a minute for the salt to melt a little before lathering in, because if I lather immediately I feel that the salt maybe rips my hair a little. Apparently the effect you get depends on the water type you have (or so I was told in the Lush store) - the softer the water the more volumizing this product will be. I don't get much volumizing in my hard water area, but I have thick hair anyway and so that isn't really a problem.The smell is AMAZING - it smells like lemon margaritas (not sweet at all), beaches and fresh air, if that makes any sense!? I've taken a point off for the packaging because it's just so awful. It's impossible to use it without getting water in the jar, so after a while the product becomes a thin, watery, mushy mess: Surely lush could come up with a better container that's still environmentally friendly??

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by mandylinox

The type of my hair is really oily and median thick. I have to wash my hair everyday or it gets really greasy. I have gone through 4 bottles ( in 12 months), so the price for 4 pots is about $100, but for the quality and effect I got from Big and the also it last quite long good , I am willing to do repurchase! I just bought 2 more yesterday.
First of all, it smells really nice in my opinion, and I do believe it help my hair because I get a lot of compliment after gone through my first bottle. Although it may seems to dry my hair after blow drying it, but when I look closely to my hair, it's actually shiner and less rough on the edge. I used to have tons of slip end, and now I can say I only have a few, it helps (90%) of my damage hair( after half year), I also use R&B after wash my hair, and they both are the must have for me.
The salt in the shampoo does a wonderful job to clean my scalp and freshen it up. I don't know what to do if lush discontinue it..... PLEASE DON'T STOP MAKING THIS SHAMPOO