December 21, 2014 | 1689 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 1:54:00 AM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As a person whose hair is both baby-fine AND thin, I am now and always have been in search of volume. Obviously, that's what brought me to Big.

Unfortunately for me this is a very, very, VERY drying shampoo. My hair squeaks when I use this and I promise you: that is a Bad Thing. Even after conditioning my hair doesn't feel much better, and if it does add volume I think it's only because it roughs the hair up so much.

I also HATE how this leaves a salt residue over your skin when you rinse it off. Woe betide you if it gets on your lips! Disgusting! I'll never purchase again. I'll find other ways to add volume.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by gwn1187

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have worked my way through two pots of this product, and am leaving it to try something else. While at first this product did seem to give me more body and lift to my hair (which lays very limp at the roots) now it no longer seems to do anything for me. It does clean well though, so if I can't find something better I would reluctantly come back to it.

Because of the salt in this product (which I actually find kind of fun!) over time I think it has also been too drying. That's not a problem if I concentrate it on my oily roots, but for the rest of my hair I think it has been too much. This may also be because of using the LUSH Veganese conditioner, which I don't think is rich enough for my dry ends. Love the smell of BIG though, very fresh!

This product also takes some getting used to - you need to have VERY wet hair, and then apply the product and lather it in. Then you'll get a great lather, and you only need about one fingerful or less for long hair. Unfortunately the packaging isn't ideal for shampoo - I know LUSH always uses the recycled pots, which is great, but if you have it open in the shower it can get full of water, and it's tricky to scoop it out when you get towards the end.

I love LUSH as a company (natural, no animal testing) and always want to love their products. I loved this product at first but over time it has started to let me down. Also for the price I feel it should be a bit better, even though a pot does last me a very long time. Sorry LUSH!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by apparently

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't get this product at all. It's expensive and comes in inconvenient packaging; it claims to be all hippie-dippie earth-friendly yet contains so much SLS that my hands look like baby lambs when I finish lathering; and worst of all, it performs absolutely no better than any other shampoo I've ever used.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by calzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very fine (but thick) hair that is very straight and basically doesn't require any maintenance at all.

I've been using this shampoo every day for the past two weeks, and I'm really confused about why everyone is saying how drying it is.

It makes me wonder how much product they are actually using; I only use the tiniest TINIEST dab, and I will repeat and lather twice. When using such a small amount I can't see how this can be expensive or drying.

The SA gave me a teeny tiny sample of it two weeks ago and I'm only halfway through...and I have A LOT of hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by phy91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best shampoo I ever used. I have a love/hate relationship with my hair, I have a lot of it, but it's really fine, and it's not straight, but not curly either, I have these waves that ain't that flattering, so usually I flat iron it, because I hate the way it looks 'au naturel'
Enter Big from Lush. after reading many positiver reviews, I decided to just go ahead and buy it. I'm soooo happy I did, I love it! I can just wash my hair, let it air-dry and it looks gorgeous, lots of volume and gorgeous waves. thank you lush, this has acquired HG status.
however, a few downsides to this product:
1. the packaging is absolute rubbish, the salt gets stuck under the lid, it's a pain in the ass to open in the shower and get the product out, let alone trying to close it again.
2. this thing EATS color. I have colored my hair a few shades lighter than it actually is, and this shampoo strips your color like it's nothing. I don't really mind however, since I've been trying to go slightly darker, but if this is something that bothers you, I wouldn't buy it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This did NOT work well for me- every single time I used it my scalp dried out tremendously and I had an itchy scalp for a week. I have long wavy-ish hair.
It doesnt really clean the first time around or lather well, I found that you have to really wet your hair, work this into your hair and scalp, rinse, then work more of it into your hair and then it foams up nicely. It does leave hair squeaky clean and it did look more voluminous but it was very dry and stiff and almost tacky.
I would maybe recommend this for short oily hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very expensive shampoo and contains SLS (Sodium Laureth Sulfate) that can cause breakouts around hairline or neck. That was my first thought and I wasnt rushing to try this "good reviewed" shampoo. However, I decided to give a try and asked for a sample at Lush.
Usually i have to use lots of shampoo to cover all hair and make it foamy (I do not have long hair but I like to use lots of shampoo so I feel it's everywhere, (Can't do a "pea size" shampoo amount!) But for this shampoo I needed very small amount to lather, love it. I was very surprised to feel sea salt in a shampoo, felt really strange but fun.
I used this shampoo twice, first it didnt lather into foam much, then I rinsed it and used little amount of shampoo again. Second time it was foamy and my hair felt really smooth and clean. I love the feeling of my hair when using this shampoo. The only problem, it;s getting sort of stiff (maybe from sea salt) so I definitely had to use good conditioner.
After drying my hair, I really saw a difference. My hair felt little thicker and very smooth. I might consider buying this shampoo for my birthday.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by dulcedeluxe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this shampoo. One of my favs (love Rehab also!) It makes my hair sooo shiny & clean!! Gives it a lot of volume because of the salt in it. In the beginning the big chunks of salt are a bit tricky to wash your hair with, but you'll get used to that. Smells great, so fresh.
Recommend this shampoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by absolia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Totally fell in love with this shampoo. I got A LOT of build-up from a shampoo/conditioner combination that made me start to hate my hair. Then I got this. Takes SO LITTLE to lather, the salt feels amazing on my scalp and leaves my hair soo clean and soft for DAYS. I hate washing my hair so this is literally the perfect shampoo for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by emmyboop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Destroyed my hair- it turned it into dry, nasty straw with split ends everywhere and growing it out was the only way to repair it. I normally have fine, thin hair so BIG sounded like a good idea- and it did give me more volume. But my hair has always been shiny and healthy, mostly because I don't do much too it- wash, dry and go. This stuff made me hair so, so dry.