April 20, 2014 | 1871 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by prettypuppies

I have short fine hair and this product works like CRAZY. It does not dry your hair out like most "volumizing" shampoos which tend to dry out thin hair. and can be used everyday - removes all product from your hair and leaves it shiny and soft without being greasy or heavy...It is by far the best shampoo I have ever used, even though it is kinda pricey (27.50) you use a small amount and it goes a loong way....it smells terrific and definitely worth the $$ spent.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by spellofparis

I first used Big at a friends house. After drying my hair, build-up from other products was gone, only squeaky-clean hair and scalp were left. I ended up buying Big months later and now it's part of my hair regimen. If one were to use exclusively, I can see how it can dry out hair. It does have salt and lime in it. To avoid dryness, I only use it once a week or whenever my hair really dirty.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by nikkinapalm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BIG Shampoo is YUCK. I honestly don't know how this can be one of their bestsellers. Ugggh...can't stand the smell of this product or the texture of it. The sea salt makes it crunchy and gloopy, very unlike normal shampoo, and it doesn't foam up a lot on your hair. Also, your hair tends to feel a little dry after you rinse it out in the shower. Fortunately, my hair looks shiny, healthy and super volumized after I blow dry it, and the American Cream conditioner somewhat covers up the smell of Big, so I won't be tossing it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

I used to use this ages ago because my hair gets oily quickly and the salt crystals really help to tone down the oil. It smells amazing, almost like a mojito, the texture is odd - looks like rice pudding - but it really works, soft hair, volume and most of all CLEAN hair!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by courtneycaye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

didn't give volume at all and my scalp got greasy fast!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by ayling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought Big with high expectations. Loved the smell and the strange salty texture. Also promised lots so I thought I'd give a try. Went home and jumped in the shower...lo and behold...my dry, overdyed, lifeless hair turned into...no, not a silky supershiny mane, but a tangled lump! When blowdried, my hair was all frazzled and drier than ever! Full of flyaways! I hated it and sent a long email to Lush (which they responded to very nicely). The next morning, to my amazement, I woke up with shiny, healthy hair. It was quite bizarre, the drastic overnight improvement. I so wanted to love Big that I used it again and again, and the results got better and better! My hair is moving again, which is a first in years. It still gets somewhat frazzled right after showering and stays that way for a bit, so I only use Big at night. Strange but true...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Awful. Dries hair, makes it straw-like and unmanageable, weird coconut bits remain and have to be combed out, a thorough mess! I have curls and this did nothing for them.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by organicjunkiee

This is not a shampoo it's a detergent ,this is strong enough to wash clothes...first time when I washed ma hair with this ma hair became so dry that I had use castor oil to condition ma hair.it's just too harsh use it on ma hair

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2011 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Paintspotting

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Shiny, Clean Hair! But it is too expensive to use it everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by radiantflux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't use this regularly, maybe once a week. But since I have limp and easily weighed-down hair, I get all of my build up out with this. I enjoy the sensation of the salt in my hair and it foams up really easily. A definite staple of my long term hair care.