mark Scanda-Lash Hook Up Mascara

3.7

on 1/18/2006 8:42:00 PM

I wanted to love this, it really travelled well since it is so small, but it just doesn't work for me. For some reason, even when applied to freshly curled lashes, this stuff makes my lashes go stick straight. It seems to weigh them down over the course of the morning until they have lost all their lift.

on 12/19/2005 3:20:00 PM

This is the kind of mascara that some people love and some people hate. I personally love it. It's not like your regular mascara, it is a very thick formula and it adds tons of fullness and length to my lashes. I have it in Blacklash and Winegloss (a great color for people with blue eyes) and they both are great. For the price you can easily try it, and who knows, you may be one of those people who love it.

on 10/13/2005 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was surprised at this mascara - well, first of all, at the size. It really is small, and could probably be a $1 or so cheaper. I think it's smaller than the pictures in the magalogs!! So I had even lower expectations when I first opened the box. But when I put it on, I was really surprised at how well it lengthens my lashes. I've tried a few other lengthening mascaras (mostly drugstore brands) and this one does the trick best for me. It gave me that doll-like wide-eyed look. I can't say it thickened my lashes much, but it's not clumpy either. IMO, I think it's the brush, as opposed to the actual product, that really makes or breaks a mascara. I seem to like the longer, skinny brushes (like this one) as opposed to the fluffy ones.

on 9/25/2005 8:30:00 PM

Pretty nice for a lower-end mascara...does the job well and doesn't flake on me which is a definite plus. Nothing real extraordinary about, just a good basic mascara. I don't usually like itty bitty things but this is good for travel and it snaps together with my mark lipgloss so I can just throw it in my purse which is nice too. I wouldn't use this for my everyday mascara but like I said good for travel.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I like this stuff better than the lash splash. It gives more length and volume. I love the compact size of it as well... I can have eyeliner on one end and mascara on the other. b/c of my short little lashes I would use a primer like lashtensions or something before I put on any of the mark mascaras so make them look bigger and comb them out with a lash comb (very bright idea by the way... eliminates any clumps or complications). However I would purchase this again... probably try it with lashtensions. Otherwise if you have normal lashes it's great.

on 9/20/2005 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

First I will say I purchased this because of the good reviews. I thought AVON had a secret. They DO NOT HAVE A SECRET with this product. It is SMALL! Very small amount of mascara but the HOOK UP idea was a neat one. I will give it that credit. BUT THE MASCARA IS NO GOOD. Nothing fantastic at all. Just run of the mill mascara...The mascara is very natural and DOES NOT give much extra length to the eyelash. I am not looking for natural...I got natural.I need LENGTH BABY! Will never buy this again!

on 9/19/2005 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Average. Doesn't really do anything special, but it doesn't clump, flake, etc which is good. other than that....

on 9/14/2005 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this mascara. It makes all other high-end mascaras (that I've tried, at least) look like poo. Seriously. Why spent 3-4 times as much money for a product that's not as good? I am SO done with buying high-end mascaras for daily use. I'll still use a few if they help with a particular "look" I'm going for, but for daily use, mark Scanda-lash is my #1 choice and is one of the primary reasons I became a mark rep -- because I was so impressed with the high-end quality of this product, yet it's only $5! It lengthens, thickens, doesn't clump, and it lasts all day long, yet washes off easily with facial cleanser at night. Great product. Will buy again, and again, and again.

on 8/17/2005 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

one of the best mascaras i have come across. would give it 5 lippies but its a bit heavy and weights down my curls. LOve it otherwise, really lengtens, and volumizes.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I also reeeeeealy wanted to like this, but I couldn't. I normally love Mark products, but this is one I could live without. I have pretty long lashes naturally, and this just makes them clump together like crazy. It also runs very easily and seems to take forever to dry. The packaging is okay as long as you get the hookup connector that goes with it, otherwise it can be kinda awkward to apply. Overall it's not to worst I've used, and it's inexpensive. However, for the same price I could run to my local drug store and find something better. With this product you get what you pay for.