August 21, 2014 | 1959 users online

Lip Gloss - Bonne Bell - Lip Smackers

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by sarahhoney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these! I love the smells, and they actually heal chapped lips and moisturize well!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by nuttycoconut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased a skittles pack at target both for nastalgic reasons and my love for skittles candy :)
I've always had very dry lips and lipsmackers surprisingly are one of the few things that work for me. They go on smoothly and the moisture 'penetrates' through the dryness giving me soft lips.
The price is right, i think I paid about $10 for an 8 pack, and the flavors are fun.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by LorelaiNoah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Nothing fancy but definitely an HG staple for dry lips. I love all the cute flavors. :) Much better than Chapstick or Carmex (I HATE MENTHOL). ***Edit***:I think I would cry if Bonne Bell went out of business haha. I buy the jumbo Lip Smackers from Walmart/Target. A few of them have lasted me over 6 months with daily use!!! THEY COST LESS THAN $3 & WORK BETTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE I'VE TRIED FOR MY LIPS! I know the packaging may be kiddish, but I think its cute. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Scents are great. Feels good on lips. Inexpensive. Some give a slight tint that is pretty (like Dr. Pepper.).

CONS: No SPF. Leaves a tiny bit of an oily film that can get in my mouth a bit more than I like. Not actually moisturizing. When it wears off, my lips don't feel any better for having it on.

ALTERNATES: Softlips are an okay alternate for this. I really like Lypsyl with SPF or Chapstick 100% Naturals if don't need SPF.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by onethousandcurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product so much. It's the only lip formula I can find that doesn't make my lips dry! I use this as a chapstick to soothe my dry lips and it doubles as makeup because it's glossy!

It's cheap and I use it 10+ times daily and it STILL lasts! You don't need a mirror because it's not a gloopy liquid gloss, just apply and stick it back in your pocket because it's so small.

I own the strawberry and Dr. Pepper, but Dr. Pepper is by far my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by kieustar

I love lip smackers!!!
I have been using them since primary school.
They moisturise and makes my lips look so nice.
It's also cheap, comes in many different flavours and love the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by ctanonymous

Aha, I've been using this since I've been in school. I think. At least since I've been in 2nd grade. Well, I love all the colors and the flavors, especially their strawberry. It smells so sweet. The Lip Smackers aren't very thick and heavy, so my lips don't feel weighed down all the time, and they taste great, though I'm not sure if I'm supposed to eat it. Anyway, it certainly helps my lips feel smoother.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Sparkle0117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love these. I like to use them at night when the season changes since that's usually when my lips get dry. They provide good moisturization and my lips still feel soft in the morning. Prevents my lips from cracking, plus they taste yummy! When I apply at night, my lips are soft and supple and moist the next morning. Your lips MAY peel when you first use this IF you already have dead skin on your lips. If you exfoliate your lips (often), they shouldn't peel. These work as a wonderful after-exfoliation moisturizer.

So many products are made out to be worse than they really are in order to sell more expensive products... "Does Not Contain Petroleum" puts a negative label on petroleum by saying their product is better for not containing it. And since their product is better, they charge more when all along, there wasn't anything wrong with that ingredient to begin with. I think that is very wrong and misleading.

I wanted to address the "petroleum" contained in this as noted by another reviewer because she made Lip Smackers out to be harmful for containing Petroleum Jelly - which is made from Petroleum. Not only is Petroleum safe, it is used to treat burn victims and several skin emergencies. Petroleum jelly is an FDA approved over-the-counter skin protectant and is used widely in the cosmetics world - it's even used in paraffin dips and personal lubricants. You probably wouldn't want to eat a jar of it, but you also wouldn't want to eat a jar of mud. (And neither one would kill you if you did.) Just because something is used in something you shouldn't consume (ie, gasoline) does not mean it's unsafe. Petroleum has many uses. Sure, it's used in making gasoline. But so is oxygen.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by emmit643

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to collect these. From Grade One through grade eleven, I had a ridiculous amount of these. I first got them as a stocking stuffer for christmas, and the obsession sprang from there. I initially ended up with almost every scent/flavour until I passed them on to my sister and cousin.

This is the single greatest lip balm ever. Never ever stop making this product. Especially the Strawberry Banana and Bubble Gum.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by sugarxcookieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lip smackers...brings back memories :] I adore these little chapsticks! They look good, feel good, smell good...and I`ve been told they taste pretty good ;] LOL