December 22, 2014 | 1011 users online

Concealers - Clinique - Airbrush Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by somethingnovel

This is the first concealer I have tired and I will not be purchasing again. I like it under my eyes but for covering up blemishes, redness, lines, etc it doesn't work at all. The coverage is very thin and I don't like that. I find that I end up applying multiple coats, which is not something I want to do with a concealer. The packaging is unique. I like the idea of a twist up and brush end, but I think that it could breed bacteria and leave product in the tube. All in all I will be looking for another concealer when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

All the shades didn't quite work for me, both 02 Light and 04 Neutral Fair were too yellowish and gave me reverse-raccoon eyes. The other shade was in Medium I think? It was a salmon-y peach which worked quite well in reducing the look of dark circles but I find that it was a tad too dark for me. Coverage was minimal, like what the other reviewers had mentioned, the Airbrush concealer acts more like a brightener than a "concealer".

Edited (May 2012): Bumped my rating to 3. I use 04 Neutral Fair as a brightener/highlight on my nose bridge, brow bone, cheek bones etc. Gives a subtle illuminated effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by LillyWish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so surpriced about all the negative reviews here. This "concealer" is more like a brightener and is light and nice for us girls who don't want to put too much make-up around our eyes.

I have my good and bad days when it comes to dark circles but this concealer always does the job and it is light so it still looks natural.

I did use the Bobbi Brown concealer but it was sooo heavy that I really felt uncomfortable with all this concealer around my eyes.

Clinique was the soloution of my probles and has a bit more coverage than YSL Touche éclat.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2011 1:43:00 PM More reviews by TPan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I heard so much abt this product and saw a make-up artist using it on YouTube and highly recommending it. Went out and spent 32 bucks! What a waste! Half an hour after completing make-up, I looked in the mirror under different lights and daylight and my undereye shadows looked worse than when I had no product on. I'm gonna toss it aside. Old faithful drugstore Maybelline concealer. 3rd Oct 2011: the Maybelline started going grey on me. Rummaged for this clunique and using it. It does brighten but no coverage. Am on the hunt again. 23 Sep 2012: I've started using Bourjois healthy mix gel foundation or Lancôme teint miracle. This concealer works best over the Lancôme foundation under the eyes. I don't know what Lancôme has but now I'm not getting creases or crepiness. I'm liking it now

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by sarahu1w

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am disappointed to say this product makes my eye area look worse than it does without concealer. I have darkness all around my eyes which I want to cover, but I am an eczema sufferer and I find this product really highlights dryness and just makes me look old, and frankly a bit ill :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by emorris4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for years and I love it. That being said, I could understand why other people don't like it as it might not be as effective. I ONLY use this concealer on under eye circles. Nothing else. I use the lightest shade (I'm very pale). The concealer has a lot of pink in it and works very well for my skin tone and to offset dark circles, but might not work well for other skin tones.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by vgirlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Ugh, really wanted to like this product. I have pretty dark undereye circles and this really did nothing for me. I need a thicker concealer and this is very liquid-y and the dispenser is a pain. It is very difficult to determine how much product is coming out of the brush and before you know it you've clicked out too much. This didn't work for me and it was fairly expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2011 7:19:00 AM More reviews by dvdfjojo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Looks quite nice under the eye but doesn't give enough coverage for me, although it doesn't settle into lines which has to be a good thing with concealer.

Don't think it really illuminates or looks airbrushed as the coverage just isn't high enough so all in all, very expensive for a product that is on a par with the drugstore concealers like this.

Nothing special at all although the pinky light toned one is a good colour match for me - something that is quite difficult to find.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by HazelnutSwirl16

First concealer I have used. Its a clicky thingy and the concealer comes out on the brush. It covers my dark circles and brightens my eyes and looks natural which I love!
Not so sure it gives so much of a airbrushed look though!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by mimita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted to try this after seeing it in Lisa Eldridge's tutorials. To me it's a disappointing product, very expensive for the tiny amount of product you get.
Pros:
1) it's not drying and it doesn't crease or settle too much into fine lines.
2) The packaging works well and there's no waste of product.
Cons:
1) I don't find it illuminating at all, at least on my skintone (NC15). I have medium dark circles (sometimes bluish, sometimes more on the reddish side). Instead of brightening my undereye area, it dulls it up with an uneven greyish cast.
2) Blendability: I could blend like there's no tomorrow, with every known shape of brush or fingers: it will never be even on my skin. Too little and it doesn't do anything, too much and you end up with lots of concealer here and your bluish skin there. Nonononono.
3) Price: too steep for too little concealer.