April 17, 2014 | 1379 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2008 12:47:00 PM More reviews by plastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've gone through several tubes of this stuff, and it will always be my emergency go-to cleanser for breakouts - it really does treat acne very effectively. I think this is supposed to be odorless, but it has a very slight chemical smell so I took one lippie off for that. Then again, maybe the reason that this works so well is BECAUSE it doesn't have any skin-irritating fragrance in it? I highly recommend this product to anyone who is at their wit's end treating acne, because this cleanser cleared my skin up like magic.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2008 8:26:00 AM More reviews by dianadb

This product is realy great for washing off sunscreen and oil at the end of the day and controlling breakouts. But even under the oilest of cirucmstances, its too drying for me to use more than once a day. During the winter I'm not suer I'd be able to use it at all.

Its consistency is very thick and it takes a lot of rinsing/rubbing to get it off. I didn't mind that because I felt like it made for a thorough cleaning, but it might be off putting to some.

Overall, good for what it does, but those with sensitive or dry skin might want to be cautious with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 3:54:00 AM More reviews by soniawonia

This is so creamy, soothing, and delish. Smells so lovely. Comes in a huge tube that lasts ages + a little goes a long way. Removes makeup really well. Leaves face soft and refreshed. An overall great cleanser. Very pleasant to use.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by jacquiesaur

Horrible. After only One day of using this product, I broke out with 10 pimples near my mouth area. I used astrigent, and i've noticed so much dirt left behind. I am returning this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2008 2:10:00 PM More reviews by magickisland_girl

Love this product that was recommended by pursebuzz! Its not drying and leaves my face feeling clean and refreshed. I have sensitive skin and I use this in the evening to wash off my makeup. I follow with Neutrogena healthy skin night moisturizer. I've been using for over a year now and my skin is smooth and always getting complements. People think I'm wearing makeup when I'm not.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2008 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Suenya

I have combination skin, oily around the T zone and dry/normal around the cheeks. I have finished my tube of this stuff last week and im onto a new one.

Some people might find this product drying- but if you put a small amount on ur face and then wash it off with warm water while gently scrubbing, it shouldn't feel too drying. This is an acne wash cleanser, so after you "wash" the acne, you should always follow up with some toner (if you feel it's still on your face), and an oil free, nonclogging, hypoallergenic moisturizer.

The key is using a small amount, ensuring you wash ur face with warm water thoroughly, and moisturizing. I found this helped clear my acne when used alongside Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque twice a week.

Hope the review helps!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2008 2:00:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This thick white cream did not work for me at all. Doesn't lather up, either. Maybe it's for people with dry skin? I'll stick with the gel version with my oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Boots87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After using this for about a week, I just had to take it back! It was way too drying on my skin.. I tend to have more dry skin rather than oily, but this made it worse...I thought since it was cream it would be less harsh than the oil free liquid cleanser, but I guess I was wrong..As far as cleansing goes, it was okay. I still got pimples within the week I was using it, while I was combining it with the oil-free moisturizer so not much help there.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2008 3:37:00 PM More reviews by xmikimagoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm always on the lookout for a new (and better) cleanser. My skin is oily, but if I'm not careful, it turns into a flaky mess. That's why I tried Neutrogena's Oil- Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser. It claims to be an effective, yet gentle cleanser for acne- prone skin. I would definitely agree with that statement. I don't get really bad acne. It's actually very mild. But acne is acne and we all know that's it's annoying. This cleanser keeps most of my acne under control, but you really need to know how to use it. It's a "picky" cleanser. I just put a quarter sized amount in my palm, add water to make a very light lather and rub it all over my face. I always leave it on for a minute or two just to make sure that everything is deeply cleansed. It never leaves my skin dry and does a great job at washing off makeup. Give this a few weeks to work. You won't notice an immediate difference, but it's effectiveness comes with time.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by gyouko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

As of right now, my skin is the worst it's ever been in my life. I bought this out of desperation to try anything. At first, it didn't seem like it was doing anything. But after about a week or two of using it night & day, it cleared up my skin quite a bit. Last week I used another new product on my face that made me SO OILY and about 6 or 7 cystic acne & a bunch of whiteheads and bumps popped up overnight. Needless to say , that was the last time I used that stuff. I used this acne wash again and in a few days, that breakout totally went down. Lifesaver!

The only things are that it does dry out my skin after washing with it so I have to use a moisturizer. And I don't know if it has to do with this product or if my face is just being really messed up again, but I seem to get really really oily when I wake up after I use this the night before. Or I get really oily in a couple hours of using this in the day. At first it's really dry & matte, then in a few hours, it's an oil slick. I'm not complaining since this product does control my acne like nothing has before but if it's making me oily again right after banishing those pimples, isn't it starting the breakout cycle all over again? It also kind of sucks at getting my makeup off at the end of the day. It's either that or my foundation is just really stubborn.