Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser

3.3

OLD FORMULA: Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Di C12 15 Alkyl Fumarate, Coco Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Matricaria Flower Extract (chamomilla recutita), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Potato Starch (solanum tuberosum), Propylene Glycol, Fragrance 5/29/09 NEW FORMULA: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Steareth-21, Polysorbate 60, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Panthenol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Menthol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Cetyl, Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance. 04/08/2011

product is great.. just not for my skin type. i have combination skin(dry/normal)... doesn't foam up, smell is like all the other neutrogena oil free washes, nice squeeze bottle, product would go better with someone who has oily skin .. contains salicylic acid to get rid of pimples. dried out my skin but nice product overall.

on 7/20/2008 3:31:00 PM

I relly enjoy the oil-free products from Neutrogena. They clean my skin really well and help to control my acne. I don't call this a miracle product, but it certainly will help to control minimal acne. If you have dry or combination skin, this is NOT something I would reccomend. Its great for oily skin, even during the summer and the heat and humidity. I hope it will be gentle enough for winter use, but with the harsh air and cold I think I may have to find something thicker. You have to be careful when you squeeze the tube though because it tends to come out in globs.

on 7/13/2008 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Sucks, dried out my oily skin, doesn't clean that well. Packaging sucks because the "Cream" slides out in large amounts when I open the lid..I'll never buy again. Ever.

on 6/29/2008 3:48:00 PM

This does absolutely nothing for my face, it dried it out a little around my nose and thats where I get a little tiny bit dry but basically nothing. I won't buy this again because I can find better things from Neutrogena.

on 6/27/2008 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I've gone through several tubes of this stuff, and it will always be my emergency go-to cleanser for breakouts - it really does treat acne very effectively. I think this is supposed to be odorless, but it has a very slight chemical smell so I took one lippie off for that. Then again, maybe the reason that this works so well is BECAUSE it doesn't have any skin-irritating fragrance in it? I highly recommend this product to anyone who is at their wit's end treating acne, because this cleanser cleared my skin up like magic.

on 6/16/2008 8:26:00 AM

This product is realy great for washing off sunscreen and oil at the end of the day and controlling breakouts. But even under the oilest of cirucmstances, its too drying for me to use more than once a day. During the winter I'm not suer I'd be able to use it at all.

Its consistency is very thick and it takes a lot of rinsing/rubbing to get it off. I didn't mind that because I felt like it made for a thorough cleaning, but it might be off putting to some.

Overall, good for what it does, but those with sensitive or dry skin might want to be cautious with this product.

on 5/18/2008 3:54:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is so creamy, soothing, and delish. Smells so lovely. Comes in a huge tube that lasts ages + a little goes a long way. Removes makeup really well. Leaves face soft and refreshed. An overall great cleanser. Very pleasant to use.

on 5/15/2008 9:21:00 PM

Horrible. After only One day of using this product, I broke out with 10 pimples near my mouth area. I used astrigent, and i've noticed so much dirt left behind. I am returning this.

Love this product that was recommended by pursebuzz! Its not drying and leaves my face feeling clean and refreshed. I have sensitive skin and I use this in the evening to wash off my makeup. I follow with Neutrogena healthy skin night moisturizer. I've been using for over a year now and my skin is smooth and always getting complements. People think I'm wearing makeup when I'm not.

on 5/15/2008 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have combination skin, oily around the T zone and dry/normal around the cheeks. I have finished my tube of this stuff last week and im onto a new one.

Some people might find this product drying- but if you put a small amount on ur face and then wash it off with warm water while gently scrubbing, it shouldn't feel too drying. This is an acne wash cleanser, so after you "wash" the acne, you should always follow up with some toner (if you feel it's still on your face), and an oil free, nonclogging, hypoallergenic moisturizer.

The key is using a small amount, ensuring you wash ur face with warm water thoroughly, and moisturizing. I found this helped clear my acne when used alongside Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque twice a week.

Hope the review helps!!