Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser

3.3

OLD FORMULA: Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Di C12 15 Alkyl Fumarate, Coco Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Matricaria Flower Extract (chamomilla recutita), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Potato Starch (solanum tuberosum), Propylene Glycol, Fragrance 5/29/09 NEW FORMULA: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Steareth-21, Polysorbate 60, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Panthenol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Menthol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Cetyl, Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance. 04/08/2011

I am so upset this didn't work for me!!! It made my face feel so clean....this along with clear pore oil eliminating astringint. I was on a really good face care routine and basically had a few blackheads here and their, but then of course I tried this stuff and and thought that this stuff felt like it was really cleaninf my skin. I broke out the following day I used it, but thought maybe it was the transition time between my skincare routines. But it's 2 weeks later and I'm still breaking out!! I'm so dissapointed, I guess I'll go back to Clean and Clear blackhead clearing scrub, Bigelow's Rose Water skin Tonic (although I continued to use this stuff during the new face care...I love it so much! I think it held off some incoming pimples ;) )and Befine's night creme. This stuff broke me out and dried me out...i don't understand. I might choose to try it again...I'll comment later if so.

UPDATE: I absolutely HATE this stuff! I tried this again maybe 3 months later, and within a week I broke out. I tried to ride it out longer this time but at 4 weeks, my skin just couldn't take it anymore. I looked splotchy and pimples were EVERYWHERE. Of course I also developed a bit of horribly ugly, painful cystic acne. I havn't had this is for over 2 years. I was embaressed to go anywhere and even cringed when I had to retake my picture at the "Y" with a face full of concealer. Ugh, I'm finally beginning to heal by using St. Ives medicated scrub every other day. I still am dealing with the cystic problems however, I suppose these things will take time. I will NEVER repurchase, nor will I reccomend this to a friend. But still, even though I had terrible results doesn't mean you will, however you must relize that every time you try a new product you run the chance of irritating you're skin.

I am so upset this didn't work for me!!! It made my face feel so clean....this along with clear pore oil eliminating astringint. I was on a really good face care routine and basically had zero of the big red blemishes, but then of course I tried this stuff and said: oooo this feels so good!!! I broke out the following day I used it, but thought maybe it was the transition time between facial change thingys. But it's 2 weeks later and I'm still breaking out!! I'm so dissapointed, I guess I'll go back to Clean and Clear blackhead clearing scrub, Bigelow's Rose Water skin Tonic (although I continued to use this stuff during the new face care...I love it so much! I think it held off some incoming pimples ;) )and Befine's night creme. This stuff broke me out and dried me out...i don't understand. I might choose to try it again...I'll comment later if so.

Well, this is one of the two worst cleansers that i've tried so far (the other one being the neutrogena pore refining cleanser). My bf bought this, and after my skin got irritated to no end by the pore refining cleanser i decided to give this a shot til i find a new cleanser. This one was not as bad as the former... but I find it really really drying! It made my face all tight and my eyes felt like they were being pulled downwards. My boyfriend had even worse breakouts after using this cleanser.... kinda backfired I would say. So no, not gonna buy this again, unless they improve the formula...it's too harsh and too drying.

p.s My flatmate also had more breakouts after using this product.

product is great.. just not for my skin type. i have combination skin(dry/normal)... doesn't foam up, smell is like all the other neutrogena oil free washes, nice squeeze bottle, product would go better with someone who has oily skin .. contains salicylic acid to get rid of pimples. dried out my skin but nice product overall.

I relly enjoy the oil-free products from Neutrogena. They clean my skin really well and help to control my acne. I don't call this a miracle product, but it certainly will help to control minimal acne. If you have dry or combination skin, this is NOT something I would reccomend. Its great for oily skin, even during the summer and the heat and humidity. I hope it will be gentle enough for winter use, but with the harsh air and cold I think I may have to find something thicker. You have to be careful when you squeeze the tube though because it tends to come out in globs.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Sucks, dried out my oily skin, doesn't clean that well. Packaging sucks because the "Cream" slides out in large amounts when I open the lid..I'll never buy again. Ever.

This does absolutely nothing for my face, it dried it out a little around my nose and thats where I get a little tiny bit dry but basically nothing. I won't buy this again because I can find better things from Neutrogena.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I've gone through several tubes of this stuff, and it will always be my emergency go-to cleanser for breakouts - it really does treat acne very effectively. I think this is supposed to be odorless, but it has a very slight chemical smell so I took one lippie off for that. Then again, maybe the reason that this works so well is BECAUSE it doesn't have any skin-irritating fragrance in it? I highly recommend this product to anyone who is at their wit's end treating acne, because this cleanser cleared my skin up like magic.

This product is realy great for washing off sunscreen and oil at the end of the day and controlling breakouts. But even under the oilest of cirucmstances, its too drying for me to use more than once a day. During the winter I'm not suer I'd be able to use it at all.

Its consistency is very thick and it takes a lot of rinsing/rubbing to get it off. I didn't mind that because I felt like it made for a thorough cleaning, but it might be off putting to some.

Overall, good for what it does, but those with sensitive or dry skin might want to be cautious with this product.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is so creamy, soothing, and delish. Smells so lovely. Comes in a huge tube that lasts ages + a little goes a long way. Removes makeup really well. Leaves face soft and refreshed. An overall great cleanser. Very pleasant to use.