September 2, 2014 | 1859 users online

Scrubs - Clean & Clear - blackhead eraser scrub

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Liita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If used frequently it works a little, I liked that it got rid of my skin oils for a while, my skin felt fresh... what I didn't like and the reason for a low rating is that this thing breaks me up like nothing does... I do tend to get acne but nothing serious... a pimple here and there that goes away quick, this however gives me huge painful zits every time I use it, at first I couldn't figure what was it that gave me this awful pimples but on saturday... or sunday I used this and now I have a pimple... and this is the only thing that has been in my face lately... SO NOT WORTH IT... I'll keep looking for a more effective solution for my pimples, but I'll never buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by glendonwyne

I originally bought this to use as a body scrub because face scrubs like this are generally worthless, I feel. However, I ran out of face wash &, with low expectations, tried this.

Firstly, like most scrubs on the market, the beads are next to useless. They're too big and too few to offer any real exfoliation. Also, they don't rinse off as easily as they ought to & tend to get stuck in my eyebrows/hair.

Second, the salicylic acid in this isn't going to help you if you don't leave it on. I expect that most people don't even use it properly; the package says to let it sit for 20-30 seconds. I massage it (lightly! Your skin shouldn't move with your hands) into my face & leave it for a few minutes while I do other things (wash my hair, make coffee), then rinse off.

I noticed some people had a problem with the smell & a residue; I haven't experienced either. That said, I don't think it's done much for blackheads, but I didn't really expect it to. What it does do is make my skin feel clean & smoother to the touch. My skin also seems less broken out since I started using it.

Conclusion: Because the best parts of this scrub are found in the carrier, not the scrubby beads themselves, I think I may try the non-scrub version of this next. If you want physical exfoliation, the best thing I've found is baking soda (alone or with your favorite wash). Seriously. I've never found a commercial scrub w/granules that fine, and you can't beat the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by starablaze

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by sps312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i have been using this product for years and its a great basic. it keeps my skin on a sort of level playing field, and leaves a base for extra exfoliant or more gentle cleaning when i need it. nice for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by babygiggles

After a week of use I'm liking this creamy exfoliant. It leaves the skin soft and I have noticed less blackheads. The smell is pleasant and it's easy to apply. I recommend massaging the face very gently for the time the package recommends which is 20 to 30 seconds. The only issues I have with it is that it has not helped the other aspects of my acne but I can't really complain because it doesn't claim to clear other types of blemishes, and it is a bit difficult to rinse off the beads but I guess that's to be expected, it rinses better in the shower.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by uzzie

Totally dries out skin. leaves your skin flaking in some parts- NOT a good sign. My skin also became irritated..and I would say I've got skin as thick as a horse's. If you like totally dries up blotchy red skin, i guess this is perfect for you. if you're normal like the rest of the human population..i would reccomend sometimes more soothing and gentle. definitely not re-purchasing..

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by thisisntoriginal

This product is one of the many that I have tried in my war against persistent blackheads. My main problem with this was the strange combination in the product.

First of all 'scrub' was more like a 'gouge.' My sensitive skin was definitely not able to handle this product at all. It was too harsh to the point where it was painful.

Secondly, the cream base felt almost greasy on my skin and my consistent breakouts, especially around my nose, seem to show that this greasiness did more to clog my pores than it did to clear them.

My last problem with this product is the packaging. The flimsy flip cap on the tube snapped off randomly while I was opening it, and I can't say that I'm strong enough to break plastic covers without noticing.

Don't buy this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by seaglassmakeupcollector

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I personally think this works really well on my blackheads. I only use it at night on areas where I get bad blackheads. You have to be consistent with this. It hasn't miraculously cured my blackheads, but it has made many disappear and all of them at least smaller. It also prevents any new ones from forming. I skipped using it for just a a week or two and my blackheads were huge and many new ones formed. Just a day or two back on this my blackheads were better. I adore this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by rgu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This product didn't work for me so much; I think it's just not strong enough. First, it doesn't contain nearly enough scrubbing beads. Second, the creamy formula of the scrub just doesn't feel like it's working very well and doesn't get my face squeaky clean. I don't notice my skin any cleaner after using this, I think I just need something more astringent. I much prefer Neutrogena's Pink Grapefruit scrub.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by karebear96

i did not like this product at all! the texture was weird and it did not clear any of my blackheads. using baking soda and water is sooo much better