Clean & Clear blackhead eraser scrub

2.7

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne medication). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax, Steareth 21, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Menthyl Lactate, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Jojoba Esters

I bought this product hoping that it would help to clear the blackheads on my nose and cheeks. However, not only did it not work, it also gave me MORE blackheads in areas where I originally did not have any.

It's an exfoliant, but claims to be gentle enough for everyday use. But, after using it for a few days, my skin started to dry around my face terribly.

It does not work for me AND the packaging quality of the product is extremely bad - after maybe a week, the scrub was almost gone!

Horrible, horrible product. Save your money and don't even consider buying this one.

on 5/19/2010 12:20:00 AM

I just picked this product up one day when I was at the store. I tried it out for about a month, Did nothing much cleanse. I'm not very sure if it broke me out really badly at the moment or I was just going through the girl phase. It just really didn't do much. Wouldn't Purchase again.

on 5/12/2010 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

If used frequently it works a little, I liked that it got rid of my skin oils for a while, my skin felt fresh... what I didn't like and the reason for a low rating is that this thing breaks me up like nothing does... I do tend to get acne but nothing serious... a pimple here and there that goes away quick, this however gives me huge painful zits every time I use it, at first I couldn't figure what was it that gave me this awful pimples but on saturday... or sunday I used this and now I have a pimple... and this is the only thing that has been in my face lately... SO NOT WORTH IT... I'll keep looking for a more effective solution for my pimples, but I'll never buy this again.

on 4/27/2010 6:16:00 PM

I originally bought this to use as a body scrub because face scrubs like this are generally worthless, I feel. However, I ran out of face wash &, with low expectations, tried this.

Firstly, like most scrubs on the market, the beads are next to useless. They're too big and too few to offer any real exfoliation. Also, they don't rinse off as easily as they ought to & tend to get stuck in my eyebrows/hair.

Second, the salicylic acid in this isn't going to help you if you don't leave it on. I expect that most people don't even use it properly; the package says to let it sit for 20-30 seconds. I massage it (lightly! Your skin shouldn't move with your hands) into my face & leave it for a few minutes while I do other things (wash my hair, make coffee), then rinse off.

I noticed some people had a problem with the smell & a residue; I haven't experienced either. That said, I don't think it's done much for blackheads, but I didn't really expect it to. What it does do is make my skin feel clean & smoother to the touch. My skin also seems less broken out since I started using it.

Conclusion: Because the best parts of this scrub are found in the carrier, not the scrubby beads themselves, I think I may try the non-scrub version of this next. If you want physical exfoliation, the best thing I've found is baking soda (alone or with your favorite wash). Seriously. I've never found a commercial scrub w/granules that fine, and you can't beat the price.

on 4/5/2010 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

The best!

on 3/24/2010 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i have been using this product for years and its a great basic. it keeps my skin on a sort of level playing field, and leaves a base for extra exfoliant or more gentle cleaning when i need it. nice for the price.

on 3/20/2010 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After a week of use I'm liking this creamy exfoliant. It leaves the skin soft and I have noticed less blackheads. The smell is pleasant and it's easy to apply. I recommend massaging the face very gently for the time the package recommends which is 20 to 30 seconds. The only issues I have with it is that it has not helped the other aspects of my acne but I can't really complain because it doesn't claim to clear other types of blemishes, and it is a bit difficult to rinse off the beads but I guess that's to be expected, it rinses better in the shower.

on 3/18/2010 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Totally dries out skin. leaves your skin flaking in some parts- NOT a good sign. My skin also became irritated..and I would say I've got skin as thick as a horse's. If you like totally dries up blotchy red skin, i guess this is perfect for you. if you're normal like the rest of the human population..i would reccomend sometimes more soothing and gentle. definitely not re-purchasing..

This product is one of the many that I have tried in my war against persistent blackheads. My main problem with this was the strange combination in the product.

First of all 'scrub' was more like a 'gouge.' My sensitive skin was definitely not able to handle this product at all. It was too harsh to the point where it was painful.

Secondly, the cream base felt almost greasy on my skin and my consistent breakouts, especially around my nose, seem to show that this greasiness did more to clog my pores than it did to clear them.

My last problem with this product is the packaging. The flimsy flip cap on the tube snapped off randomly while I was opening it, and I can't say that I'm strong enough to break plastic covers without noticing.

Don't buy this product.

I personally think this works really well on my blackheads. I only use it at night on areas where I get bad blackheads. You have to be consistent with this. It hasn't miraculously cured my blackheads, but it has made many disappear and all of them at least smaller. It also prevents any new ones from forming. I skipped using it for just a a week or two and my blackheads were huge and many new ones formed. Just a day or two back on this my blackheads were better. I adore this.