Manic Panic Temporary Hair dye

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

the worst semi-permanent hair colour available. i wouldn't only ever use this if nothing else were available to me, but i'd order online before using this. it doesn't last and it turns all foamy when you're applying it. i'd recommend punky color or special effects if you want a bright coloured semi-permanent dye.

EDIT: I've recently tried a few shades of this i hadn't previously used and I have to say, the reds and pinks aren't that bad. You have to leave them on for at least a few hours, but they can come out nice on VERY light blond hair.

Well, I tried the color Hot Hot Pink and I had to apply twice to get a nice hot pink & it looked amazing.. at first after 1 week the color faded to an ugly orange/red color that looked dirty. And i only washed my hair once w/ a color treated shampoo. From now one I will stick to SFX only

on 2/1/2010 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is for dipping your toe into the world of punk/goth color........if you hate it, it will wash out much faster than other brands. You will get better/stronger results on bleached hair, or you can get a subtle wash of color on darker hair. And BTW, didn't John Black down there just do advertising, which is prohibited in reviews?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I know a lot of people are saying this doesnt work or it washes out very quickly, but I guess everyone's hair is different, because this works great for me. Ive used many colors and they've all come out vibrant and beautiful; and it lasts me at least 10 washes before it starts to fade (also, it fades nice and gradually - sometimes the color it fades to is more beautiful than the one you started with!) This is my go-to haircolor!

on 1/4/2010 3:00:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Waste of time and money.

Sure, if you blow dry it and sleep on it, it lasts a little longer, almost long enough to be worth the time you spent sleeping on it and blowdrying it. But if I use a truly color-rich dye like Special Effects, and take the trouble to sleep on it and blowdry it, then it's almost permanent. There's no comparison.

As far as conditioning goes, SFX has always given me insanely glossy, soft hair. Manic Panic and SFX are very close to being the same thing, Manic Panic just has a lower dye content. It doesn't have any magical "nourishing" properties.

on 11/3/2009 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

This review is for Manic Panic Amplified Virgin Snow Toner: I purchased the Amplified Virgin Snow. I was a little apprehensive at first but I had watched my hairdresser put toner on my hair so many times that I figured I could do this. Also, this is all natural so I couldn't break my hair off or it wouldn't fall out. The directions are apply it with a tint brush but I just washed my hair combed it and then applied the toner with latex gloves and saturated my whole head starting with the top of my head and then the ends. I then combed it all through and put a shower cap on. I left this on for 40 minutes. I wanted EXTRA white. I already have platinum blonde hair but find that even though I use purple shampoos, my hair can get brassy and loses that just came from the salon look sometimes. First off, this smells really nice. After the 40 minutes I rewashed my hair just because it sort of felt filmy. Then I conditioned and did my regular routine. Let me tell you that this worked for me. It made my hair look like I had just come from the salon. Its bright white platinum. No brassy yellow here or dull blonde. I think next time I will leave this on for an hour. I read some reviews that people will leave this on for 45 minutes to an hour. This works great because I usually get my hair done every 6 to 7 weeks. I can use this in between sort of to brighten it up. The main difference I find with using this opposed to the purple shampoos is this leaves more of a bright white effect and sometimes the purple shampoos can leave a steal ashy. I bought this off of ebay for I think shipping included it was 20 dollars. Since my hair is so long, I only get two applications. I sort of wish they made a bigger size. I would repurchase. I'm so glad I came across this!
Update: It has been almost two weeks and this toner is still going strong! I just love this stuff and can see the difference it has made in my hair. Great stuff! Everyone noticed how white my hair was after using this! If you have bleached hair use this, you will get great results!!!:D

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Manic Panic is my back up hair color! I have used everything from Green to Purple to Blue to Pink. I like that it is very commen to find this brand in stores.So i dont have to drive all over town looking for it! I dont like that it runs and makes my hands the color of the dye! It also fades fast! after 2 washes i have to touch up my hair! i dont like doing that. Like i said this is my back up hair color since i prefer Punky Colour better because it doesnt run or fade. But like i always i will buy this brand since i can find it almost anywhere I give it 3 lippies because it fades fast.

i bought this a while ago, in the pink. i think cotton candy pink? i bleached my hair and put it in, left it in for a long while(30 minutes?), as long as i usually do and washed it out. it was the lightest pink ever, looked like i dyed my hair pink 3 months ago and it had faded or something. maybe i did something wrong, but i didnt like this stuff at all. punky colours is way better than this, lasts a LONG time, for the same price. i wouldnt waste my money on this stuff

on 9/16/2009 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this dye. It doesn't smell bad and its creamy. It is a bit messy so be prepared with vaseline and gloves.The downside is that I have to refresh the color every two weeks. At least it doesn't damage your hair.

on 9/2/2009 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE Manic Panic. Since a summer ago, I have been using Manic Panic. I used green over my bleached highlights last summer and it turned out great. It lasted a little over a month and the color turned out like it should. I also dyed my hair the regular red color [I can't remember if it was vampire red or not] underneath my top layer over once bleached hair and it turned out vibrant and great with my medium brown hair color. Soon after that faded I used the black on the same area. It didn't stay quite as long as before but still worked well. Then, this summer I dyed my friend's and mine hair red underneath and in various places again for the Fourth of July and for fun. This time my friend and my hair did not hold the dye because we had not bleached it beforehand. However, if you bleach prior to using it, it works perfectly. I will definitely buy again.