April 16, 2014 | 2057 users online

Hair Color - Manic Panic - Temporary Hair dye

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by lyssnoelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE Manic Panic. Since a summer ago, I have been using Manic Panic. I used green over my bleached highlights last summer and it turned out great. It lasted a little over a month and the color turned out like it should. I also dyed my hair the regular red color [I can't remember if it was vampire red or not] underneath my top layer over once bleached hair and it turned out vibrant and great with my medium brown hair color. Soon after that faded I used the black on the same area. It didn't stay quite as long as before but still worked well. Then, this summer I dyed my friend's and mine hair red underneath and in various places again for the Fourth of July and for fun. This time my friend and my hair did not hold the dye because we had not bleached it beforehand. However, if you bleach prior to using it, it works perfectly. I will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by KillersandLiars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THE SECRET TO GETTING MANIC PANIC DYE TO LAST IS TO SLEEP IN IT OR LEAVE IT ON FOR 6+ HOURS. this may sound like a horrible nightmare, but it's quite easy and it really makes the color soak in and last for a super-long time. the easiest way to do this is to completely saturate your hair w/ the manic panic dye and comb through. then put on a shower cap (or if you have long hair, wrap w/ saran wrap then put on a shower cap) and go to bed. the shower cap is very important since the dye needs to stay wet in order to continue to soak in to the hair strands.

one of my favorite things about MP dye is that you can also mix in your favorite deep conditioner when you need a little touch up (ie not doing roots.) i used to mix about 1/3 deep conditioner with 2/3 manic panic dye, wrap and leave on for about 2 hours.

special effects does last forever, but it's not nourishing to your hair. i used to also mix about 1/2 SFX w/ 1/2 manic panic to make the color a little more vibrant and durable.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by PinkHairKinkyGoth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

ive dyed my hair every colour of the rainbow & i can say manic panic sucks. i like the makeup but thats it. MP does not last in my hair longer than 1-2 washes. Special Effects kicks major ass. lasts for months -some do. some dont, but way better than MP-

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by missnono

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my staple hot colors. At work I have to use "something" else. However As a Master colorist and as a long time user, Manic Panic has the best hot colors. They are non damaging. Vivid when needed and can easily be subdued. If done properly they also last longer than any other!
I love mixing up my own shades with MP. And I do rec this to my hot color clients for maint.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love and hate this dye. I like that it doesn't damage my hair and I like how the colors are true. But I don't like how it doesn't last. I think special effects lasts longer. I've used hot hot pink, aftermidnight blue, vampire red, pill box red, ultra violet and raven. Raven is my favorite since it's sharpie black and not a true black.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by brightside

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used Pillarbox Red to enhance some red in my hair. Loved this. Perfect red.

Pic in profile

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by minaharkerdracula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used the Mani Panic Lightning vol. 40 and OMG no scalp damage at all. Very Gentle and highly recommended!!! Followed the bleach with Rock n' Roll Red and now with white bangs and red hair its fabulous and left my hair silky soft!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Kitschiegoth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use the Amplified Colour in 'After Midnight Blue' which I prefer to the gel as it's easier to apply.

AMB is a dark blue colour which on my bleached hair lasts 2-3 weeks before it needs redying. It fades to a lighter blue with turquoise tones.

Like most semi perms this bleeds a lot when washed and will stain surfaces.

I've also used Special Effects and find they are best for purple based blues and Manic Panic is best for green based blues. It's a personal preference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by HelloKittyGal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm reviewing Manic Panic hair colour as well as their gorgeous colour "Rock n' Roll Red." Hell yeah I'm happy with their products!!! I have thick Asian type hair which goes quite coppery even when it's been bleached professionally and Manic Panic hair colour has been the only semi-permanent dye to make my hair vibrant and even in colour. I used Fudge Paint Box for awhile and their red made my hair look pink! I was a long time fan of MP's "Vampire Red" but I discovered "Rock n' Roll Red" recently and I have been converted. It's a rich, vibrant red and it goes perfectly with my golden dark skin. Currently I have black hair with my fringe dyed red. I love it! The only complaint is with the packaging perhaps. If this hair dye came in a tube it might have been more convenient than a tub but it's only a small complaint. I still find that it lasts me a long time. I still think it's fantastic and until I find a better product out there, I'll be sticking to this.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Limeburst

God this product sucks. It never showed up that vibrant -i used the pink- and it faded so much within a week! I switched to Special effects and im wayyy happier. Dont waist your money.