July 31, 2014 | 2033 users online

Hair Color - Manic Panic - Temporary Hair dye

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 6:34:00 AM More reviews by Rockabillygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Manic Panic is my back up hair color! I have used everything from Green to Purple to Blue to Pink. I like that it is very commen to find this brand in stores.So i dont have to drive all over town looking for it! I dont like that it runs and makes my hands the color of the dye! It also fades fast! after 2 washes i have to touch up my hair! i dont like doing that. Like i said this is my back up hair color since i prefer Punky Colour better because it doesnt run or fade. But like i always i will buy this brand since i can find it almost anywhere I give it 3 lippies because it fades fast.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by shawnarawwwrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i bought this a while ago, in the pink. i think cotton candy pink? i bleached my hair and put it in, left it in for a long while(30 minutes?), as long as i usually do and washed it out. it was the lightest pink ever, looked like i dyed my hair pink 3 months ago and it had faded or something. maybe i did something wrong, but i didnt like this stuff at all. punky colours is way better than this, lasts a LONG time, for the same price. i wouldnt waste my money on this stuff

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by vampira428

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this dye. It doesn't smell bad and its creamy. It is a bit messy so be prepared with vaseline and gloves.The downside is that I have to refresh the color every two weeks. At least it doesn't damage your hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by lyssnoelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE Manic Panic. Since a summer ago, I have been using Manic Panic. I used green over my bleached highlights last summer and it turned out great. It lasted a little over a month and the color turned out like it should. I also dyed my hair the regular red color [I can't remember if it was vampire red or not] underneath my top layer over once bleached hair and it turned out vibrant and great with my medium brown hair color. Soon after that faded I used the black on the same area. It didn't stay quite as long as before but still worked well. Then, this summer I dyed my friend's and mine hair red underneath and in various places again for the Fourth of July and for fun. This time my friend and my hair did not hold the dye because we had not bleached it beforehand. However, if you bleach prior to using it, it works perfectly. I will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by KillersandLiars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THE SECRET TO GETTING MANIC PANIC DYE TO LAST IS TO SLEEP IN IT OR LEAVE IT ON FOR 6+ HOURS. this may sound like a horrible nightmare, but it's quite easy and it really makes the color soak in and last for a super-long time. the easiest way to do this is to completely saturate your hair w/ the manic panic dye and comb through. then put on a shower cap (or if you have long hair, wrap w/ saran wrap then put on a shower cap) and go to bed. the shower cap is very important since the dye needs to stay wet in order to continue to soak in to the hair strands.

one of my favorite things about MP dye is that you can also mix in your favorite deep conditioner when you need a little touch up (ie not doing roots.) i used to mix about 1/3 deep conditioner with 2/3 manic panic dye, wrap and leave on for about 2 hours.

special effects does last forever, but it's not nourishing to your hair. i used to also mix about 1/2 SFX w/ 1/2 manic panic to make the color a little more vibrant and durable.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by PinkHairKinkyGoth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

ive dyed my hair every colour of the rainbow & i can say manic panic sucks. i like the makeup but thats it. MP does not last in my hair longer than 1-2 washes. Special Effects kicks major ass. lasts for months -some do. some dont, but way better than MP-

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by missnono

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my staple hot colors. At work I have to use "something" else. However As a Master colorist and as a long time user, Manic Panic has the best hot colors. They are non damaging. Vivid when needed and can easily be subdued. If done properly they also last longer than any other!
I love mixing up my own shades with MP. And I do rec this to my hot color clients for maint.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love and hate this dye. I like that it doesn't damage my hair and I like how the colors are true. But I don't like how it doesn't last. I think special effects lasts longer. I've used hot hot pink, aftermidnight blue, vampire red, pill box red, ultra violet and raven. Raven is my favorite since it's sharpie black and not a true black.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by brightside

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used Pillarbox Red to enhance some red in my hair. Loved this. Perfect red.

Pic in profile

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by minaharkerdracula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used the Mani Panic Lightning vol. 40 and OMG no scalp damage at all. Very Gentle and highly recommended!!! Followed the bleach with Rock n' Roll Red and now with white bangs and red hair its fabulous and left my hair silky soft!!!