MAC 224 Tapered Blending Brush

4.4

on 3/22/2011 10:42:00 AM

IN LOVE WITH THIS BRUSH. i dont know what else to say. it blends so well theres nothing else like it. i also love the 217 but for more dense color.. they cannot even be compared in my opinion. both amazing brushes. but 224. AMAZING. i definitely plan on buying a second one! =)

on 3/15/2011 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

the mac 217 brush is my FAVORITE brush for blending...i heard good things about the 224 so i wanted to try it out. i'm asian with no crease, very limited lid space. this brush is entirely too big for my eye. when i try to blend w/it, parts of the brush overflow into my eye bc there are so many bristles and i just don't have the lid space for the brush to be effective. it ends up muddying all the colors. however, the brush is very soft and i haven't had problems w/shedding or anything like that, but i will stick to the 217 just bc it is smaller. i think this would be a great brush for those w/more lid space; it just didn't work for me.

on 3/15/2011 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i use this big fluffy brush for concealer! it does a perfect job for concealing the undereye area, and i was very amazed how well it cover other blemishes too... it really gives a airbrush look and im totally in love with it! i got mine with a pro card so it was a bit cheaper than usual! simple love for this! not sure how well it works as a eye shadow brush as i do my e/s blending with the 217!

on 3/10/2011 12:20:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Vaunted as the perfect brush for blending out harsh lines between colours, as a person with a medium amount of space between my lash line and my browbone I unfortunately find this brush too large for that purpose. I only really use it now to apply the sheerest of washes, since it is definitely too large for me to use as a crease brush. For the price you pay, the bristles are scratchy and have an annoying tendency to splay after washing. In short, this brush lacks the precision I require, even in a blending brush. For diffusing harsh lines, contouring or applying crease colour I recommend instead the Chanel #12 Contour Shadow brush, especially if you have Asian eyes, or do not have a large lid space to work with.

on 3/5/2011 2:28:00 AM

i love this brush. it works great for the crease and diffusing colors as well. also really good for diffusing concealer and getting a really natural finish. it does shed like previous reviewers have said, but it's not that terrible. i do suggest if you purchase this brush and there is excessive shedding then take it back to the original counter or store of purchase. i really suggest (if you can) purchasing from a counter in nordstrom since they have amazing customer service and will gladly replace it.

on 3/1/2011 5:25:00 AM

If I could only have 1 brush, this would be it! The End.

I love this brush!! I have the SE version but it's still great. It's perfect for blending harsh eyeshadow lines and blending colours together. I also use this brush to apply highlighter to my cheek bones and it works a treat. Would highly recommend if you are after a good blending or highlighting brush.

on 2/13/2011 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

One of the only MAC brushes that I have invested in and will invest in again later. I can never justify paying $24.50 for a brush but for what it does for my eyes, I just can't not love it. It blends pefectly and does so each and every time. If anyone were to ever ask which MAC brush to buy, it'd be this one, hands down.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Love this brush! This blends eyeshadow like a dream, and the bristles are luxuriously soft. A little pricy, but these brushes will last many years if cared for properly. Can also apply powder to my concealer and browbone highlight. I own two

on 1/12/2011 6:20:00 PM

I really love this brush, I kind of wonder how I ever lived without it. It makes blending color into your crease so easy and really perfects a look. I can't say anything more that hasn't already been said in all these reviews but this is definitely a positive review for the 224, go get it!

Popular Makeup Brushes