April 20, 2014 | 1802 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 224 Tapered Blending (Windshield Wiper) Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

Pretty satisfied with this brush. Nothing dazzling about it, it doesn't pull out some fancy coffee-brewing device, but it gets the job done well. What job is that, one might ask. What I mainly use it for is applying concealer on my under-eye area or wherever else is needed. As it's not a dense blending brush, it helps distribute the color more lightly and evenly, and diffuse it to almost nothing when fading it out. Also works good for covering any small blemish constellations, which I never thought it would. I always used to cover them up with my 195 concealer brush which is sturdy and precise (I'll still use it for big time break-outs), but for minor skin activity this one is lovely. On occasion I'll also use it for what it's meant to do, which is blending, but I'll only grab this one if my 217 is otherwise engaged (aka dirty or sth), or if I just need a bit more sharpness in my blending while maintaining a soft look. The only downside to it is it sheds quite a bit which is very annoying. Would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by allaccessalex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this was one of the first MAC brushes i have owned, i thought it was good but i wouldn't buy it again.. it is NOT good for heavy blending or doing anything that creates a big difference.. but it does "carry color well to make eyes even and i use it occasionally when i do a natural look (which is almost never lol) do put just a light amnount of highlighter on.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 3:31:00 AM More reviews by MeiTai3333

I'm loving this brush lately! It's essential for getting the perfect gradient for a smokey eye! At first this brush lay rather neglected in my collection, but I've been using it a lot lately.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

This brush is amazing for blending out undereye concealer, and concealer in general anywhere you need coverage. I initially purchased this brush for blending out my eyeshadow, however I really don't like the 224 for that purpose- I find that it almost removes my eyeshadow when I blend them out with this brush, so I found another brush for that purpose. For the longest time, this was just sitting my my brush roll, and I suddenly relaized that this can be used for concealer blending. I tried this for applying my undereye concealer, and was amazed at how quick this blended everything! I usually used my finger, but I didn't like how it I tugged my skin somtimes so I wanted a softer alternative & the 224 does the trick :)

*UPDATE*

I finally figured how to create a really subtle smoky eye with brush. I simply add an eyeshadow to my lid, and when I apply my crease color with this brush I use soft 'windshield' wiping motions to create a very quick, smoky look, focusing on the Outer V- creating the perfect smoked out look. I'm glad I took a chance and tried this out again for eyeshadow. Before I used this to belnd out my exisiting eyeshadow I had applied with my other crease brush, and when I used this to 'blend' it just removed the eyeshadow I had already applied. This is a truly amazing brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Kdoll222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is what makes the difference in an eye look. I have tried the 217 and that made the blending line too thick, this sort of creates a gradient effect of blending when I use it in the crease. I really like the strong craftmenship of the MAC brushes, and how I feel like im using a pro's tool. It really makes the difference. To keep the hairs from splaying try a brush guard

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Glowydazzle12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this brush!!!
By far the best blending brush from MAC, it creates any look for you.
Everyone needs this brush if you use more than 2 eyeshadow colors.
The only downside is the fact that it's not as soft as other mac bristles, but hey! It's still the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Classycass01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! Its my favorite brush in my collection! And definetly my favorite blending brush. It does an excellent job at blending. Very soft. Very precise. Very good quality. Will last you a long time. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 8:13:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is too large and "loose", IMO, to do an adequate job at blending. I much prefer the MAC 217 and 222 brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by vm5459

This is one of my favorite MAC brushes. I actually own two of this brush!! I use one for concealer which does a great job at blending it in and looks so much better than using the ring finger. The other one I use for highlighting and blending the smokey eye look. LOVE this brush and it is definitely a must have!! would buy a 3rd one if I ever need to!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by miraj

This brush gives less consumption on my make up. I just dip it it one quick second, apply it on my eyes and just blend the color in. It works like magic for me. I'm fascinated of how the color of the make up just holds on to the brush even without rubbing it to my eyeshadow (I literally do dip it in just one quick second). It gives that subtle smoky look when I do that which I mostly use during the day. If I'll go out during the night or if it would require a heavy smokey eye look, then I'd just use this to somehow blend the make up out to my crease. The con with this also comes from its pro - being fluffy. I don't use this if I feel like having smokey eyes that won't go beyond my crease. With it being fluffy, it automatically goes out of its way. But overall, I like this product.