MAC 224 Tapered Blending Brush

4.4

on 3/15/2011 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i use this big fluffy brush for concealer! it does a perfect job for concealing the undereye area, and i was very amazed how well it cover other blemishes too... it really gives a airbrush look and im totally in love with it! i got mine with a pro card so it was a bit cheaper than usual! simple love for this! not sure how well it works as a eye shadow brush as i do my e/s blending with the 217!

on 3/10/2011 12:20:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Vaunted as the perfect brush for blending out harsh lines between colours, as a person with a medium amount of space between my lash line and my browbone I unfortunately find this brush too large for that purpose. I only really use it now to apply the sheerest of washes, since it is definitely too large for me to use as a crease brush. For the price you pay, the bristles are scratchy and have an annoying tendency to splay after washing. In short, this brush lacks the precision I require, even in a blending brush. For diffusing harsh lines, contouring or applying crease colour I recommend instead the Chanel #12 Contour Shadow brush, especially if you have Asian eyes, or do not have a large lid space to work with.

on 3/5/2011 2:28:00 AM

i love this brush. it works great for the crease and diffusing colors as well. also really good for diffusing concealer and getting a really natural finish. it does shed like previous reviewers have said, but it's not that terrible. i do suggest if you purchase this brush and there is excessive shedding then take it back to the original counter or store of purchase. i really suggest (if you can) purchasing from a counter in nordstrom since they have amazing customer service and will gladly replace it.

on 3/1/2011 5:25:00 AM

If I could only have 1 brush, this would be it! The End.

I love this brush!! I have the SE version but it's still great. It's perfect for blending harsh eyeshadow lines and blending colours together. I also use this brush to apply highlighter to my cheek bones and it works a treat. Would highly recommend if you are after a good blending or highlighting brush.

on 2/13/2011 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

One of the only MAC brushes that I have invested in and will invest in again later. I can never justify paying $24.50 for a brush but for what it does for my eyes, I just can't not love it. It blends pefectly and does so each and every time. If anyone were to ever ask which MAC brush to buy, it'd be this one, hands down.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Love this brush! This blends eyeshadow like a dream, and the bristles are luxuriously soft. A little pricy, but these brushes will last many years if cared for properly. Can also apply powder to my concealer and browbone highlight. I own two

on 1/12/2011 6:20:00 PM

I really love this brush, I kind of wonder how I ever lived without it. It makes blending color into your crease so easy and really perfects a look. I can't say anything more that hasn't already been said in all these reviews but this is definitely a positive review for the 224, go get it!

I love love love thus brush it's great to apply a wash of color to eyelid or to blend eyeshadow . This is deff a staple in my brush pk ;)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just had a duh moment when I realized I have yet to review this wonderful brush. I love this brush because it fits PERFECTLY in my crease. I think most ladies give up on this brush because it is not suited for their eye shape. I have always heard the 217 brush is best for smaller creases and the 224 is best for bigger creases. Well guess who owns a pair of big creased eyes? Me! I have what I would consider elongated, almond shaped eyes. In my opinion my eyes can sometimes come across as looking 'half-closed', so therefore I have a decent amount of lid space to work with and this brush is just wonderful and perfect to blend eyeshadow in that area. For those ladies that feel this is too big for their lid space, I will again suggest the 217 brush. Apparently the 224 has other uses as well, none of which I have used the brush for, like using it for concealer. So if you ladies cannot return this brush or swap it, I say try it as a concealer brush. Lastly, I want to add that this brush has lasted me over 5 years now and it still looks brand spanking new :)