MAC Lustre - Gleam

3.6

on 2/6/2007 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

When I bought this I was so excited. When I got home was another story though. The Lustre texture (already known for being gritty) was especially gritty and the light pinkish-golden shade pretty much disappeared on my NC40 skin. The pink also makes me look sickly. This may be better for people with fair skin.

although i don't like the gritty texture characteristic of Mac Lustres the subtle, feminine and OH SO pretty hue makes this a star eyeshadow in my makeupbox. Gleam is a sparkley pinky apricot with golden shimmer. It is pretty as a wash for a soft shimmer over eyelids and even cheeks for an x-tra sparkley effect. To really see its true color you'd have to pack it on or wear it wet, doing the latter however makes it more pinkypeach metallic than shimmery but gorgeous nonetheless! I love wearing this alone on my lid with a dark brown liner.

Korean/Japanese NC25 Brunette.

on 10/11/2006 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this is almost the exact same color as expensive pink, but with more shimmer. I love golden pink eyeshadows, and this was a nice addition to my collection.

on 10/3/2006 4:16:00 AM

I bought this in the summer just because it caught my eye at the MAC counter - I was actually looking for Honey Lust, but they were out... Anyway, it worked pretty well for me then. But not now. The reason is that my real hair is growing out and my skin is going towards cool again. (I am very much on the edge between cool and warm and a change in hair color can tip me over...) However, I only knock off one lippie because it was so lovely then - the lustre formula was never a problem using a CCB and my 239 brush. It even stayed on in hot and humid Seoul weather! Cheers to that! Recommended to those who are truly warm or those who can do blending magic!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

my favorite e/s color now is "Antiqued" and i asked the MA what color would look good on my lids to pair with antiqued and she said Gleam....it looks kinda boring and blah on the pan but it really looks good on my MMM w/ yellow undertone, C5/C40 skintone...its a shimmery peach that brings out my green eyes...i really gotta pack it on for it to show up though...*UPDATE* UD x has replaced this! the texture is MUCH better

on 8/21/2006 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I have to say I usually avoid ALL Mac lustres, but during a recent makeover I had no choice, b/c I let the m/a pick what she liked for me. She used gleam on my nc42/44 skin (dark brown eyes) and it looked GREAT when she paired it with saddle in the crease. I have a lot of lid space and this didn't look overwhelming on me. In fact it made my brown eyes pop. I know she used a base (most likely bare canvas) first, and packed it on with a 239 brush, which is what really made this e/s work well. She finished with black liquid liner. I would highly recommend this to girls or a smilar complexion/eye color, it's almost as pretty/if not AS pretty as Say Yeah, the only major diff. being the texture.

on 8/13/2006 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in the pro palette so I did save a few bucks. I love how this can be a highlighter without being the traditional "white" highlighting for under the brow. I use this with patina and sable, it's very pretty! The funny thing is, I have a penchant for this colour, I also own nymphette lip glass, FPP in L'Oreal and I wanted to get Springsheen MAC blush, when I stopped myself and said, ENOUGH, this colour is gorgeous, but you have the same colour in multiple products!

on 8/7/2006 4:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I guess I am the minority, I really like this es. It's a bit gritty and dry, in comparision to something like Milani or Urban Decay. This however does apply evenly, and it has a nice pigmentation to it. It's a pearly light pink with a gold sheen. I pair it with chocolate, black, bronze, and other pinks. Gleam looks great for an everyday look that isn't over the top. I would buy this again.

on 8/2/2006 11:32:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This was my first mac buy and overall I am pleased. It a pretty peach color with a lot of gold glitter in it. One thing I don't like it the staying power or the feeling of it. Overall its a nice everyday color but I am still looking for my HG everyday e/s.

on 5/28/2006 9:15:00 PM

This is such great e/s !!! Even though this a lustre it deserves a 5. I use it with a matte pink like Rio de Rosa and a highlighter. It looks really cute and girlie...good for sunny days. I've already bought my 2nd one.Update: I hate it now that I got say yeah...I has the same effect but it's not a lustre.