Revlon ColorStay Under Eye Concealer

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.4%), Zinc Oxide (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Polyisobutene, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Bisabolol, Serica Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Serica Soie (Silk), Alumina, Trisiloxane, Methicone, Silica, Polyethylene, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isohexadecane, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 12/1/2010 11:30:00 PM

I bought this because i did like the colorstay foundation and powder, and i dont like this concealer at all. I have bad dark under eyes and this doesnt cover them at all! I was dissapointed when i tried it out. I try it over a darker concealer, over foundation and still doesnt conceal at all.

on 11/14/2010 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Just one word for this product....CAKE !!!!

on 11/12/2010 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i bought this because it sounded perfect for me but wasnt so. i was a bit surprised to see such good reviews on it.
PROS:
- good coverage for undereyes although there is still some shadowing and darkness
- blends nicely before it dries
- orange toned so it corrects blueness in undereye circles
-does stay on pretty long
CONS:
- dries up very quickly, have to do one eye at a time and sometimes thats not long enough
- very drying under the eyes. i can see the dryness if i look close enough
- creases throughout the day and cant be reblended
- dispensing the product is a hassle. its a twist up and takes awhile to get product, once you finally get product its too much.
- doesnt seem very sanitary

for me, the cons outweight the pros and i no longer use it. i will not repurchase this ever. this is one of the worst concealers ive ever used because of the extreme drying it causes.

I love this concealer! Great value. I wouldn't recommend for acne scars or other blemishes though. Use for under the eyes is great. They don't have that many colors but they did happen to have one that looked good on me. This is the first concealer I've bought that doesnt crese under my eyes! deff. repurchase this. =)

on 11/7/2010 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This is decent, the product is thick and provides pretty good coverage, of course if it is right for your skintone. I really hate the applicator, though, as with many of this type of product, I've noticed, it dispenses WAY too much product at once, so it's easy to waste a lot of the product, and it's kind of a hassle. I also think the way the product looks coming out of the little holes is gross, it reminds me of oozing pores (Sorry, I'm just saying). For that, would not repurchase.

on 11/2/2010 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I liked this concealer, I was advised by the Revlon make up artist at the counter to use it, however I bought it in the middle of winter and my skin tone was very fair. The light shade was too dark and I had to use liquid foundation as well instead of my usual mineral powder. While I was using it I thought it concealed very well, however when I tried out MAC I realised it didn't conceal well at all, the thing that concealed so well was the foundation I was wearing that went over the concealer. It run out so fast, only lasting 3 weeks to a month. I read on the reviews here that people were buying it so cheap, I live in New Zealand and the cheapest you can get it here is $30NZ. I went to Australia for a holiday however and bought it for $15AUS. It went on nicely but required alot of effort to get it perfect, as it sometimes caked or didn't go on evenly. I applied sunscreen underneath it as a primer because it was thicker and spf 15 is just not enough in NZ! Overall a good product in terms of coverage.

on 10/9/2010 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have a really great concealer at home but i wanted one to throw in my on-the-go makeup bag. I picked this one up at CVS for around $3.00 on sale. I really like this one considering its drugstore!!! Great coverage and it matched my skintone really well!!

on 9/18/2010 7:49:00 PM

This was the first concealer I had ever used,and it wasn't that bad. It covered my dark circles better than any other concealer has. I don't use it now because I have moved on to better products. The problem with this product is it takes awhile to get the some of the concealer out of the brush. The worst thing is it is such a small tube and doesn't last long.

on 9/14/2010 3:34:00 PM

I'd definitely buy this again IF I was to buy it in the U.S, that's where I first bought it and I believe I paid less than 8 bucks for it. I went through 3 packs because it was the first concealer that didn't crease under my eyes.
However, it costs like 25 bucks here in Switzerland! It's a good concealer, I like the packaging but the coverage it's not 25 bucks worth.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

I bought this concealer on a whim as I have gnarley under eye circles that are accentuated by my fair skin. I had recently purchased "Time Balm" concealer from another line and it cost me $18.00 and at some point the concealer became way too orange for my skin. The Revlon ColorStay Under Eye Concealer cost me like 7 or 8 bucks at WalMart. The coverage is great. You only need a bit to cover and it blends well into the skin. I agree with another user that it does set to a powery finish which is great for me as all liquid like products tend to cake on me even with a whole skin prep routine involved.

My friends instantly noticed my lack of a "tired" appearance and said my eyes were brighter.

I will deffinately buy this again.
my one complaint would be the amount you get in it. Although you dont need a lot.. its still not a lot of product for 7 or 8 dollars a pop.

The Bonus? SPF 15!!!!
I just love it when my cosmetics have SPF..less for me to put on!