April 17, 2014 | 1783 users online

Blush - NARS - Lovejoy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by shelju

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this based on the MUA reviews submitted by other ladies of color and I don't get it. Maybe my milk chocolate, BM Warm Tan complexion is darker than those reviewing this because it did not show up AT ALL on me. I still gave it 2 lippies because the shimmer looks nice as a highlighter, but I got nothing else from this one. Will definatley not repurchase but may keep to use as a highlighter.

UPDATE: I was about to return this to Sephora when I decided to give it one more try and this time I used a more dense brush and different lighting and WOW! I now see what all the excitement is about. I got giggly at the very subtle but very nice warming it adds to the cheeks and just enough shimmer to add glow! I looked a fresh without looking made up. . . Still not quite 5 lippies but definately a keeper!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by mzcali4nia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was a little hesitant to buy this blush even after swatching it on my arm but remembered seeing it on a girl with the same skin tone as me and it looked beautiful on her. It is very pigmented and need two swipes of this with my brush to show up on my skin but that's all I need. It's a great daytime blush!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 1:23:00 PM More reviews by iwant24sleep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really love this blush. For me, its perfect for contouring. I can use this for either one and I feel like I look good and that's what's important, right? :)

It doesn't make my skin look muddy, like a lot of bronzers do. I don't know what else to say about it other than I love it sooooooooo much! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Ari08

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I ordered this from Sephora website w/out sampling it first; my mistake. It is a beautiful looking color in the packaging; however on my skin it just does not look right. It's a bit too shimmery for my taste.
I LOVE Nars blushes; but I think i need to stick to the matte blushes or at least the ones that have very minimal shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by channingtatum

This is one of my favourite blushes from NARS and I am glad I bought this with the Albatross duo. I use it when I want a more subtle glow especially when I do smokey eyes and I just wanna keep the rest of my makeup toned down. I also love that this isn't super pigmented so I don't have to be as careful about putting too much on. For me, this is the perfect mixture of a bronzer and a blush. I know some people would sometimes just use their bronzers so this one is great to use instead since this is supposed to be a bronze rose colour. Definite buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

*nods* .. Y-E-S ... this is one of NARS best ever in my opinion!! Lovejoy is just stunning. On my NC40 skin, this delivers the perfect sunkissed glow that is just a smidge over "nude" cheeks. Nice pigmentation and gorgeous gold shimmer. This is the perfect blush to pair with bronzey eye makeup, and also looks great to top off a smokey eye without adding too much to compete with the eyes. This is probably the one NARS blush I use more than any of my 20+. A definite must have for a bronzed look!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

I have this in the duo with Albatross. Love both. Lovejoy is such a gorgeous color. I'm not sure I can add much to the great descriptions everyone else has provided. It's just a beautiful rosy bronze that looks good on nearly everyone. I apply with MAC 188 as I tend to be heavy handed and this seems to do the trick. Near perfect blush IMO>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by mchampion

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found the perfect blush for me. Lovejoy is a bronzey rose that looks so natural. Lasts all day, doesn't break me out and it gives me that glow (if you know what I mean). I think they got Lovejoy and Orgasm mixed up. HG for me !!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by cancerofthepuppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this blush. For sure Holy Grail status. In fact I have two almost new ones because I thought I lost one and couldn't live without it. This is the perfect shade of blush for me, (only took me 10+ years to figure that out!) it's a beautiful bronzey rose that is pigmented enough to show up on my skin but not look to overwhelming like some Nars blushes can do. It's very similar to Cargo's Topeka but has much better staying power and isn't as quite shimmery as Topeka.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 11:20:00 AM More reviews by chuchu33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this blush....the color is perfect for me, gives me a nice bronzey/rosey color and the staying power is excellent. It has much better staying power than MAC blushes. I have no idea if I will ever run out of this, I have had it since December and wear it almost everyday and It still looks brand new. But when I do run out I will for sure buy it again.