NARS Lovejoy

4.4

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is an absolutely beautiful shade for anyone with a golden deep dark brownish complexion. It shimmers but only slightly. It lasts for ages..it’s perfect when you want that “sophisticated” look. Lovejoy is my all grown up shade whereas Orgasm screams “can-I-see-some-ID-please”. Love it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

::snif::::snif:: I am so sad that this color just did not look good on me :'-(
It is so very pretty: a rosey-bronzey color, with just a teensy bit of shimmer -just perfect. However, on my cheeks it transforms into a whole lot of ........nothing. It doesn't look like blush, it doesn't look like bronzer, not even a little bit of shimmer shows up (NC35/Latina for reference). When I took a look outside under bright sunlight, it just looks like I have slight melasma -definitely not the look I want. This just goes to prove how you need to try things out to see how it looks on you, not just in the container (for example, Exhibit A was super-scary yet it looks great on me). I think this would look beautiful on lighter skin tones than mine.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Lovejoy is a beautiful medium bronzed rose with shimmer that gives skin a sunkissed glow without any trance of orange. It looks amazing paired with NARS Falbala lipstick.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been through what seems to be every bronzer available and this is the only one that looks good on my skin(nc15/20). None of the nars blushes oxidize on me. I don't know why I have so much trouble with products oxidizing on me but thank god for this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Another one of my HG products from NARS. Lovejoy is a beautiful bronzy rose color with shimmer. However, when applied, the shimmer basically nonexistent and what you are left with is a gorgeous glow instead of glitter specks on your cheeks. I love how it can pass for either a bronzer or blush so this has basically replaced those 2 for me. I only use this one product on my cheeks and I love it. I actually apply it with the MAC 134 brush and kind of contour with it. What I especially love about this is that it's highly pigmented so you don't need that much at all, and it lasts all day! NARS blushes are the only ones that last all day on my cheeks. This would also go with any look which is fantastic. In my opinion, this is really the only blush I need.

I'm really on the fence about this blush... mainly because it looks very very similar to what I was already wearing. If that's the case then it's not really worth its price to me, so I may return it. I really want to love it though because it is a very nice neutral color! And it's not too shimmery/glittery/sparkley.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This blush is the truth!! It works so well on African American skin. Well I think any NARS blushes would. I'm in NC45 and it makes me look so tan and bronzy. HG status for sure!!!!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I got this based on the MUA reviews submitted by other ladies of color and I don't get it. Maybe my milk chocolate, BM Warm Tan complexion is darker than those reviewing this because it did not show up AT ALL on me. I still gave it 2 lippies because the shimmer looks nice as a highlighter, but I got nothing else from this one. Will definatley not repurchase but may keep to use as a highlighter.

UPDATE: I was about to return this to Sephora when I decided to give it one more try and this time I used a more dense brush and different lighting and WOW! I now see what all the excitement is about. I got giggly at the very subtle but very nice warming it adds to the cheeks and just enough shimmer to add glow! I looked a fresh without looking made up. . . Still not quite 5 lippies but definately a keeper!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I was a little hesitant to buy this blush even after swatching it on my arm but remembered seeing it on a girl with the same skin tone as me and it looked beautiful on her. It is very pigmented and need two swipes of this with my brush to show up on my skin but that's all I need. It's a great daytime blush!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this blush. For me, its perfect for contouring. I can use this for either one and I feel like I look good and that's what's important, right? :)

It doesn't make my skin look muddy, like a lot of bronzers do. I don't know what else to say about it other than I love it sooooooooo much! :)

Top Rated NARS Products