April 19, 2014 | 1086 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Sable

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by heyimcortney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Omg, this is such a gorgeous color! It looks great when you are doing a smoky eye. I have tried it with various paint pots underneath (mac painterly, indianwood and constructivist) and it is able to look nice with all of them. would definitely recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by basmah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like Sable, but it did take me some time to get used to it. Sable is a plummy brown, but on my skin (NARS Siberia, MAC NW15/NW20) it sometimes pulls a little bit orange, which is not always flattering. However, most of the time this colour is really flattering on my brown eyes and it is also very versatile. I love wearing it with Naked Lunch on the Lid and Twinks in the outer corner, but it can also be worn as an all over lid colour on lazy days.

Edit: it is a nice color, but I don't reach for this very often. I find it too hard to work with on my pale skin, as it tends to pull orange and I'm too lazy to spend that much time on my make up on most days.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 4:32:00 AM More reviews by Welshcake

This eye shadow is definitely not for me. It is way too dark for my colouring. I have green eyes, and more kind of coppery colours, or purples suit me. I donít even know why I bought this. It looks too dark on me, and looks like I had black eyes. It has a kind of very dark coppery look to it- which is why I thought I could get away with it. But I suit the more orangey/golden coppers. Like Coppering. I would not buy this again. Serves me right for buying on a whim. BOO!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by brandi14307

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love sable.. I had this color for awhile and just never reached for it. I wore it today with a coral lip and love it.. It all looks so good together.. Very pigmented and amazing..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaLea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am OBSESSED with this shade! It's the coolest shade of bronze with gold notes. On busy mornings, I can use this as a solo lid color and still get complements on my makeup. It's not overly shimmery and works well with so many highlight colors. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Lux77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This one of my favorite eye shadows ever, I use it as a lid wash mostly. It is very versatile goes with many looks and colors. I love this

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by SlowRnB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favorite everyday go-to shade by MAC! I wanted something taupey, and I tried Satin Taupe on my light/medium olive skin (NC30) it just pulled purple on my lids. Thank goodness I found Sable thanks to a lovely MUAers rec. Sable has the best texture! Soft, smooth and buttery with nice pigmentation. It's a medium bronzey brown with the slightest hint of plum. The bronze tones blend right in with my warm skin and it leaves just a natural warm taupe on my lids. It's perfect! I pair it with Cork in the crease and Shroom to highlight my browbone. I don't know why I didn't try this shade sooner! MAC shadows are by far the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

This is one of my fav Mac shadows. I really like wearing it alone on the lid with a highlight and that's it. Sometimes I'll add magnetic fields in the crease and purple liner or mystery in the crease with a brown liner. It really is a nice shimmery brown with plum undertones. It is alot like Satin taupe except ST is more ash-grey this is more bronzey gold with some pink undertones. This is one of those go to colors when you really don't want to think about pairing shades. Super creamy texture. Will def purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My eyes are hazel with significantly more green than brown but you usually can't tell. This shadow really helps pull the green out more. It is very much like a warmer version of Satin Taupe. I'm NW20 but I could see this being flattering on a wide variety of skin tones. It doesn't pull too plummy or too red on me and I don't get the "tired look" that some people claim.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by pam85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG eye shadow definitely! I actually bought this around 7 years ago, as I loved the color but wasn't much of an eye shadow wearer then, so only started wearing it recently. It's a beautiful, champagne, pink, brown color on my skin, which looks equally as good as a daytime eyeshadow, as it does at a night time shadow.

It has just the right amount of color in it. It makes my dark complexion "pop" and really draws attention to my eyes in a natural way. I think it would look equally as good on fair complexions too. All you need is my liquid liner at the top and lots of mascara and you'll look like a star!