July 24, 2014 | 2051 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Sky High Curves Extreme Length and Curl [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2008 3:26:00 AM More reviews by essiegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been trying to find the mascara that would help curl my lashes and this one does it for me. It lifts and separates my sparse Asian lashes -- which by the way are impossible to deal with when I want them to stay curled. At the end of the day, they're still pretty curled. I haven't been as successful with other mascara brands. Overall, I might just buy this mascara again because it did the job.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2008 8:35:00 AM More reviews by lgray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was excited to try this Mascara because of the overall good reviews I read about it. However, I will not be purchasing this again. This mascara tends to flake off throughout the day (more so than any other mascara I have ever used) leaving me with a dusting of black specs under my eyes. I have naturally long thick lashes, but being blonde they don't show up until I use a mascara. I don't feel that this product did anything in the way of highlighting my lashes and bringing out my eyes. Though I will say that it did not take the curl out of my lashes, so that was good. On the whole, I was disappointed with Full and Soft.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2008 10:12:00 AM More reviews by paskiaq

Not only does this mascara not curl, it takes away the curl that I manually make with a curler. Very disappointed. I was surprised because the waterproof formula keeps my curl and I assumed that this would as well. There's worse mascaras out there (i.e. that clump etc) but the curl claim is just plain untrue.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2008 3:34:00 AM More reviews by jessicaho

It's not really doing much in the curling department and I can't see a total length thing going on, but on the whole, it's not too bad for something I got on sale for 5.99CAD. I'm not a fan of waterproof anything at all, and this stuff really IS washable and didn't take out any lashes with it. It's not flaky and it isn't clumping or anything. Good for everyday use. Also, I wear contacts and have sensitive eyes and they're not irritating at all.
    ***EDIT: A couple of weeks in and it's starting to clump. I also noticed that if you put on any extra coats, it clumps as well and makes your lashes look cakey. Taking off two lippies for that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by FedoraJane

This mascara does what is claims to do - it curls your lashes without the aid of a curling tool.

If you're looking for length and volume, then you might consider.. I don't know.. actually getting a mascara intended to lengthen or thicken?

The packaging is pretty and unique, if a bit cumbersome. As others have said, this has a short life and dries out - but so does Dior Show.. and at least you're not paying over twenty dollars for this.

Might repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2008 11:42:00 PM More reviews by AutumnShadow15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I liked this mascara! It goes on easily and made my lashes thicker and more curly as promised. It doesn't clump or smudge and I think the overall result is great;-)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2008 7:36:00 PM More reviews by 1prettygirl

Gosh I hated this product! it made my lashes all curly and weird looking!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaCB

I will buy any mascara that claims to curl, but this one was not better than any other mascara and offers very little length and volume.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2008 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Kianaa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

How I really hoped this would work for me, going on was smooth, for me did not clump and the black was really shiney and beautiful...but did not curl at all and even when I curled my lashes and applied the mascara it kinda made my lashes look weird..the curl was going left, right all over the place..strange, but will not purchase again

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2008 9:15:00 PM More reviews by HeyJudes

This mascara was OK. It REALLY lengthens the lashes, but I'm asian and of course my lashes are stick straight, but I was hoping this mascara would make them curl...needless to say they didn't with this mascara. I don't think any curling mascara will make my lashes curl. It does help hold the curl of my lashes when I do curl them better. I only gave this mascara 3 lippies though because I think the packaging sucks. The mascara seems to dry out really quickly and for some reason I think that either something in the ingredients that after a long period of time make me grow a temporary painful bump on my eye lid (right where my lashes are). I think it's because it's unsanitary and this may be because of the packaging. I don't have this problem with any of the other Maybelline mascaras or any other mascara for that matter.