April 16, 2014 | 1532 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Eye Basics

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2005 8:38:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this off ebay for about 6 which was a fantastic bargain. I have Linen which is pretty much a perfect match for my PPP skin. It is SO much better than UD Primer Potion because it covers up my discoloured, transparent eyelids and doesn't make my eyelids look crepey. Eyeshadow lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2005 7:06:00 AM More reviews by evekk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is going to last a looooonng time. I don't know how I did eye m/u before this. It's both a base and e/s really and I have it in Wheat. The main reason I love it is bcos it brightens up my eye lid (a little grey discoloured with nothing on) and just makes me look awake like nothing else does. It's not foolproof bcos by the end of the day my e/s do crease a little - but then I do hve oily lids.

You only need a little bit and I use my finger to pat it on - it is a gel like consistency which blends and dries easily once on lids. I've had a few makeovers at LM counters and the MAs have used other colours on me in the Basics - a darker one for e.g. as she said that it would make my darker evening looks more intense - but I don't think it does. The colour range is quite similar in the Basics and I think you just need one that suits your skintone on the lid and one that you like. HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2005 5:28:00 PM More reviews by MakeupObsessed

I have been using Eye Basics in Linen over the past two years. I have only had to purchase this two times over the past two years and I use it almost every day. The product lasts an extremely long time. It is so amazing! I couldn't imagine putting on eyeshadow without putting this on before. Everyone always tells me my makeup, especially eye makeup looks so professional. I really think this contributes so much to that. My eye makeup stays on all day and never fades, unless I wipe my eyes (eyeliner rubs). Anyone who loves makeup and/or even uses makeup should buy this. It is just so so great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2005 4:37:00 AM More reviews by hullabaloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in mocha, which is a true taupe brown and am using it as an eyeshadow on its own. Its very pigmented but blends easily with my fingertips. You just pat on a dot or two and blend. It is the most natural and flattering looking eye makeup I've ever tried. It looks great with green eyes and think (as its so neutral) that it would look great on most skin tones. You can build it up to be darker, but I like to wear it fairly sheer. It only takes a tiny bit. I can't believe I didn't know about this stuff and will definitely try more shades. Highly recommend to those out there who don't want glittery eyelids, but still want to draw attention to their eyes. I had no problem with creasing. It really looks like shadowed skin, not caked on makeup. Pretty steep price at $22 from Nordstrom, but still highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2005 2:04:00 AM More reviews by MedusasSnakePit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the Wheat and Bisque... Bisque looks natural, like a second eyelid. And the wheat is like a second eyelid that's just a shade lighter. They can look sexy just on their own, alternated, blended, whatever. Really multi- purpose eye primers, but if you want to eliminate creases, go for Urban Decay's Primer Potion specifically.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2005 2:30:00 PM More reviews by greek1

I have never been able to keep my shadow from creasing and running by the time I leave work. This stuff is a miracle. My shadow is pefectly in place and looks just as good as when I applied it at 7 am. I'll NEVER be without this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2005 2:15:00 PM More reviews by nicolley77

i love this stuff. i got it in linen to use under eye shadow, and it works wonders. i just use one tiny dot on each lid and spread it around with my finger, and voila! no more eyelid discoloration, and eyeshadow stays on all day long. even without eyeshadow, it makes my eyes look better. specifically, i think it makes my lashline look more defined. but you only need to use a tiny tiny dot. i think anything more may look cakey.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2005 1:01:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

I wanted to try this as an under eye concealer because I liked the idea of a wand and thought it might be quick and easy and natural looking, since it's obviously creamier than a cake concealer. The SA insisted on using the LM Concealer under my eyes (which totally didn't work for me), but she did use this on my lids and based on that, I have to say that this stuff, at least for how I would use it, is terrible! I don't wear eyeshadow, so maybe it is good as a base, but on it's own, for covering up rather reddish eyelids, it sits on the lids rather like you would think white watercolor paint would. Frightening.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2005 6:13:00 AM More reviews by nabz

i gave this a 3 for pricing because i'm not sure how much excatly it sells for as i received it free with other LM's purchase. i have this in wheat, only tried it once today on its own because i thought it gave me a nice awake look. by 4pm though it has creased and looked sort of uneven.. might be because i wore it on its own. will try with eyeshadow on top of it later.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2005 3:17:00 PM More reviews by LouLouC

This is the best eyeshadow base hands down. Can also be used alone. Wonderful, cool feel on the eyelid. Absolutely does not crease, and the colors are superbly neutral.