December 21, 2014 | 926 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by BeautyQueenOfTheScene21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ugh. I bought this thinking it would finally be the waterproof liquid eyeliner I've been dreaming of. The brush, first of all, is horrible! It takes forever to get a thick line because of the small brush. The eyeliner flakes and cracks about an hour after applied, and peels off in giant pieces. Not good at all. :/

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by MiniAndBoss

I have to disagree completely with the review below. This eyeliner is the worst I've ever tried. It's difficult to apply (tiny flimsy brush, super wet formula that took forever to dry, burned my eyes) and it dried a weird shiny finish. What made it even worse is that after it dries, it flakes and PEELS off at the slightest contact! It didn't stay on for even half and hour and ended up as flakes under, and even in my eyes. Forget waterproof, this wasn't even blink-proof. I hate this liner so much and I would never repurchase this.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by troubleinlipstick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Probably the best liquid eyeliner I have ever tried. It goes on really smooth and once it dries its like a semi glossy finish.(i love matte eyeliners this is not OVERLY glossy, which i like) It does not crack on me but i dont touch my eyes often. I have crazy oily lids and it goes on SUPER black. I can go over it and it wont rub out like i have had other liners do. I have no problem with it flaking off. I wear it during rainy weather (i dont use umbrellas) and it stays perfect (as long as i dont rub my eye) it is easy to remove at the end of the day.you can just use water or you can peel it off even! its my GO TO liner and i have MAC's blacktrack. This one does NOT smudge. it almost dries like plastic on your eye. you cant feel you're wearing it. Ive fell asleep with this on and woken up with it still there and semi okay. It is a great liner. I discovered it 2 years ago and have gone through four tubes. Def. Repurchase

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Total waste of money. I bought this in a pinch because I forgot my usual liner at home. It took numerous times to get a solid black line it kept going on super watery. And after it dried it flaked like crazy. This is the last time I'll buy anything from maybelline, everything I've bought from this brand has been crap.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by heavyboots

I have never had problems with this flaking or peeling off. It's very consistent and I can make a thin line with just one swipe. I have tried other liquid eyeliners and I always find myself going back to this one. I have used it 3+ years and have never had any complaints.
I would love it if they had a dark brown liner that did not look bronze..I would likely favor that for a more natural, everyday look.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by fafigirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is weird! First of all, it is waterproof, yet very easy to remove with an oil based eye make-up remover. It is black but actually has a beautiful shine to it, not tacky; it is surprisingly very pretty. Also, like many reviewers have mentioned, if you don't bring the liner all the way to your inner tear duct, it should stay flawless throughout the day. The brush won't be any good to those who are beginners with liquid liners. However, if you have a lot of experience, or you are just naturally talented, you can create a beautiful sleek thin cat line ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by SMG1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I didn't mean to buy this liner in waterproof but i still find its very easy to remove. I used this liner alot a few years ago but drifted to other products and i just decided to return to it. It has a small felt tip which i love, i really can get a smooth straight line and get to my inner corners because the tip is small. It stays out ALL day with no fading. I have been using more expensive liners but i really find no need when this works just as well or better. Not a bad thing to say about this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

have this in brown. don't have any complaints on the texture or the brush as i use it to fill in my lash line. the only thing i did not like was that after it dried, it would flake off in huge chunks. had to keep re-applying & i hadnt even left the house yet. not that great...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2011 3:18:00 AM More reviews by jjjenko

I love the way this applies and the glossy black finish. However, I can't stand that it is super flakey and chunks of it comes off during the day.

If anyone know of an liquid eyeliner that has a patent black finish and does not flake pm me!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by WarmSocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried to use this stuff a few times over the years, just thought I needed to get used to it.
But it sucks.
The brush is too flimsy to get a neat line, and the product is too liquidy and sheer so I had to keep going over it, making it clump into little balls.
Terrible.
It also flaked like crazy, not even worth trying to wear it.
But I stuck with it, until I had enough money to buy higher end brands.