November 24, 2014 | 1117 users online

Self Tanners - Bare Escentuals - Faux Tan

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Dellancey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product amazed me. I have a really good tan looking like real. After the shower and moisturizing I applied it all over my body including my face and it feels so good on my skin even after seven hours. If you want a beautiful non-orangey tan, I highly recommend this.

Pros:
- sweet marzipan smell which after few hours turns into the classing smell of all self tanners, but I cannot say wheter it's good or bad because I like that smell of sunless tanners.
- color guide, really dark color guide but you'll really appreciate it while applying, then it will disappear.
- you get a beautiful shade instead of that nasty orangey look.
- an even look all over the body without trying very hard.
- no need to use gloves - at first you may get scared how dark your hands are but I just wash them for about thirty seconds after every part of the body (nothing about ten minutes washing, that's ridiculous).

Cons:
- the price should be lower
but it's definitely worth to purchase it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by alliekat31

I have read reviews on this product for months but its kind of expensive so i put off buying it I searched for it on ebay and got the 16oz for only 40 dollars I just got it in the mail today. this product id great i like that it is a really dark color so you can see where your puttting it on i just put it on my arms for now it doesnt leave any streaks or spots i love the color i id put a little lotion on my elbows like it said and they are not orange. the one thing i hate though id that your arms are tan and your hands are really white so i kooked on line and it said to out a little on a cotton ball and rub it into the tops of your hands which worked great now it really looks like i just got back from the beach

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by BrownEyes01

I love this self tanner. I use this for a few days and once I get the desired tan, I use Jergens Daily Moisturizer to keep the color. I apply it with gloves on because I don't want tan palms or nails. It doesn't smell bad but be careful putting on clothes after. Definitely not something you want to put on and then go out after. I put it on before bed and wash off in the morning. It can turn green (on the bottle or on the pump) but it will still work just as good.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by UberMagic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The pump-packaging is SO convenient... you don't make a mess and it helps you to work more quickly which is always good with fake tanner.
BUT I don't like how dark the product is... it's kind of alarming at first, and immediately makes you look like a swamp monster. The smell is kind of gross too, but admittedly better than other tanners. The resulting glow is very natural, but it doesn't last long enough, even with proper moisturizing.

I gave it a 2 because despite the fact that the color was great, it's difficult to work into your skin even after a shower, it dries my skin out terribly, and I'm pretty sure it's caused me to have an allergic reaction (itchy rash on my legs and chest). I want to like it, but my skin is saying NO to the faux! :o(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by petiterocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

okay so I bought this awhile ago,used it once , then away it went into the bathroom cabinet until about two days ago. I was experimenting with what I call "cage dancer" makeup- dark eye makeup, bronzed skin,flirty lashes, and I realized how pale I was. All of a sudden I wanted a tan! Out it came, and as I applied it to my legs and stomach I was horrified to see that mypalms were dark orange! It took me two days to wash it off. It's unfortunate because it provides great coverage after only one application. Have a few other fake tanners I'd like to try, but overall I hold BE Faux Tan to a high standard.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

This was included in a set I purchased at QVC. Leslie made it look soo easy but once I got it at home. Too much to do and if you don't wash your hands really good, you will have streaks on your palm...I did. And, it seems forever before it goes away. I tried it twice and just keep making mistakes and results are just bad. Both times I tried it on my legs and thank goodness for pants! The first time, streaks on my hand and used gloves the second time and didn't notice some products made it on my heels...OMG! That was the worse. At this point, hell will freeze over before I try another self tanner. I do like the Faux Tan allover face color and the 100% pure bareMinerals Rock (gilded peach). These are fun. I use the allover face as a bronzer and the rock to give me a glow on my shoulders and decolletage.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2009 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Neenya

I'm naturally pale and it's difficult for me to tan in the sun. Unwilling to go in a tanning bed, I spray tan instead. I never really appreciated lotion tanning products because they took longer to see results and it's usually a lot harder to make it look even. I have the same problem with self-spray tanning but it had faster results and looked more even.
I bought the BE Faux Tan a while back and never used it. I noticed that I was especially white so I grabbed the lotion and although I was skeptical at first, I tried it anyway.

The bad:
-You can't use your bare hands or they'll be practically black and it takes like 10 minutes to wash off.

-It takes at least 1 hour to dry.

-If you don't shave and apply it the lotion makes dark spots on your skin where your hair is.

The Good:
-Doesn't make you look ORANGE and looks like a professional tan.

-You can generally see where you apply it on your skin.

-Fast results, and you can actually see the results

-Good results after the FIRST use.

-Not difficult to use, such as self-spray tanning.

-Blends in easily and provides an even tan.

I definitely recommend this product, even for people who consider themselves very pale.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 11:26:00 AM More reviews by xxtoocute6xx

I recently bought this and this is my second week using it and I love it!! I'm quite pale so most self-tanners show up orange on me but not this one! I exfoliate really well before hand and put this on before bed and when I wake up I have a beautiful tan. My only gripe is I do wish it was a little darker but I just apply 2-3 consecutive nights and I achieve a really brown color..It fades nicely, not splotchy..it also doesn't smell funny or get on your clothes...Here's a picture to show the difference hope this helps..
continued >>

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Hopoti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This one is very good tanner, it gives you deep natural tan if you use it right. I have been using many tanners and I find out that this one is quite tricky to use. It is not easy to apply. I hate to use plastic glows and If you donīt with this one, you have to was your hands really carefully afterwards with tons of soap.. Skin has to be scrubbed before you use this. Results are fine, color is good, but I do find out that after using this I have to scrub often to make my skin look even. I use micro cloth and thats my HG when using tanners. I find it easier to apply if I cover knees, feet and elbows with body cream first. It is quite demanding to keep my body tanned nicely, so once you start remember to scrub, otherwise it looks flaky and unnatural after few days. I always use tanners in p.m,. I canīt stand the smell during the day. Be sure to let this thing dry out before you wear your clothes. I use this once a week and Dove self tanner otherwise.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by melisa32

Okay I love this stuff !!
I am very fair and my legs never tan for some reason so I decided to try a self tanner this year and now I have a all over pretty tan . Its pretty easy to apply just wear gloves and lube up with lotion and it works great . I love that its a natural color and you can apply more or less to get a darker or lighter color . The only bad part is the smell , it lingers a bit and just doesn't smell nice . I have the big bottle but when it runs out I will be getting this again .