October 21, 2014 | 1814 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Chubby Stick (all shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Vanille9

I fell in love with this cute lipbalm. <3 I bought it in shade mighty mimosa, shade number 13. It is very neutral pink. It looks on the lips very very natural and it gives the my lips but better effect. It has no frangrance, it contains shea butter and some more natural nourishing oils and substances. The lips look very healthy and juicy and the colours are just perfect.
It has very very wide range of shades and the staying power on the lips is as good as if it was a normal lipstick. If you look for more intensive colour, you should go for chubby stick intense.
I really like also the packaging. The stick is not as large as a lipstick so it is really easy to apply it even without mirror.
I think this is the best thing I have ever tried on my lips. I will repurchase it for sure and I want to try more shades. The price is not so bad. It is not cheap, but it is not very expensive. I think it worths the money I paid. They sell it for 18 euro in Slovakia. If i compare it with some high end lipsticks or lipbalms I used, I can say that it has the same or even better quality and it costs half of the price of some high end lipstick.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by mkeddie

Doesn't last long, need to reapply often. Doesn't fade well and it made dry lips even worse. Won't buy again. Covergirls lipperfection jumbo gloss balm is just as bad.
Ok I tried it again. I now totally have to wipe off what is left on my lips and then re apply, seems better. Still won't buy again. I can probably get something similar at a better price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Very pretty MLBB shades (fuller fig & bountiful blush) can swipe on w/o a mirror. Not sticky or drying. Lil too waxy for me, I need lip balm under it. Would not pay full price but when Clinique or sephora has a sale i would probably try more colors. I like the crayon and the fact that they last longer than revlon version and don't make my lips peel (but revlon has better colors)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by sash1998

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use these all the time, I love them! They are pretty moisturizing, but not SUPERBLY moisturizing like Clinique suggests. Color is pretty good and shows up well, not too bright but not too sheer either. The only thing I hate is that the color lasts an okay amount of time, but not too long. Overall, definitely get them!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought two of these immediately when they came out, in Curvy Candy and in Two Ton Tomato. These apply very nicely, I love the roll up colour, but these are not long lasting. They are also very sheer, so not very pigmented. I like these for those days where you just can't be bothered to apply lipstick, but I will definitely not be repurchasing these. The Revlon version of these is MUCH better for colour selection, longevity of wear and pigmentation. I'm shocked I am saying this because I generally hate drugstore makeup but I really believe the Revlon version of these chubby sticks is incredible in comparison. I really wanted to love these, but alas, at $20 a piece they are not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by susiej

I have a bit of a thing against lipsticks as oversized pencils/crayons. I have no explanation why other than that I am a bit of a lipstick bullet purist! So I resisted the Chubby Sticks for a long time- purely because I could always find something that I fancied a bit more. I actually remember them from the first time around when they were not self sharpening and were not as significant a success. But with a few tweaks and a nifty marketing campaign they really took off with the relaunch and I could only resist for so long.

First colour I bought was-
*Mighty Mimosa. It's a very girly warm toned pink with gold shimmers through it. It's nice- it's sheer but definitely shows up on me and is a nice daywear shade for spring/summer.
I then received Whole Lotta Honey and Woppin Watermelon as gifts.

*Whole Lotta Honey is my favourite of the lot- it's a shimmer free, honey toned brown colour that goes on sheer but gives a polished nude result.

*Woppin Watermelon is my least favourite. It's a cool toned sheer pink. Again shimmerless. It has the least 'complexity' of the shades I own and is also probably the sheerest with the poorest colour payoff.

These are billed as moisturising lip products and whilst they don't dry my lips or feel uncomfortable on- I wouldn't describe them as hydrating. Just normal as far as lipsticks go. The formula itself feels soft and lightweight, more like a balm. A really good choice if you hate heavy products on the lips. Also probably a nice choice for school or occasions when less is more with your makeup. Lasting power is average- about two-three hours on me. Which is perfectly acceptable for a sheer lipstick.

I am still not crazy about the pencil thing- it is functional enough but a bit deceptive. You think you are getting loads of product but when you wind it up to the max it looks like very little. It is infact 3g which is a bit less than the average lipstick. I have also run them down pretty quickly.
Repurchase is shade dependent for me- I'd buy Whole Lotta Honey again for sure because I do love it, the others are so so.

All in all, they are nice but at that price point it is probably worth asking yourself if you would prefer a MAC (two quid cheaper, 3g) a NARS (two quid more expensive, 3.4g) or a couple of drugstore lipsticks. When you put it like that- I am not sure how often the Chubby Sticks win out over the competition.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Far too sheer. I can tell these need re-applying frequently so a fail for me. Gave my GWP away after trying it once, which is rare for me as I normally love Clinique.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Heart433

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I heard Clinique was THE place to buy chubby stick, so I bought two pink shades. They are nicely semi-opaque and glossy, moisturizing and apply smoothly. The only sad low point is their staying power of about an hour and a half :( which is so much shorter than a good lipstick or a stain.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by emblain

I love chubbys!!! So moisturising with brilliant colour and shine!!! I want all of the colours ! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by liladenia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Love this stuff!

It moisturizes my lips without being sticky. It's formula is light, but moisture enough =).

Sometimes i use this in my night time, when i'm traveling, for practice use (i brought it in travel size) or when i run out my vitamin e oil but haven't bought them yet (sometimes i forgot to restock my vitamin, hahaha)

It has pigmented colour. The colour is not matte, but not too shiny either. Just make your lips glows in a right way.

Love the packaging. Make it easy to use (doesn't like lipstick packaging, we dont have to spin it everytime we want to use it)

I have this in mega melon, super strawberry and woppin watermelon. Woppin watermelon is just too sheer for me, so i just use it for colour base under the other colours if i want a different colour from them (wear them in layers). Love super strawberry and mega melon! Lovely colour.

Will definitely repurchase!