Dove Essential Nutrients Day Lotion SPF 15

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this because I was looking for an inexpensive moisturizer with SPF. It is a light moisturizer, but it makes my face look shiny. It is a little too greasy for my oily skin, and it is heavily fragranced. Overall, it's not a bad moisturizer for the price. It might be better for someone with dry to normal skin.

on 5/24/2005 3:04:00 PM

I didn't like this product, after testing it out for a good 5 weeks. It moisturizes well enough, but broke me out. Plus, the SPF content in this isn't high enough for me (I like at least 30- I don't burn and I definitely don't want to reapply product more than twice a day). It made me pretty greasy, too- in both hot weather and in cold, when my skin usually needs LOTS of help. This just refuses to sink in completely. VERY ho-hum, and despite the fact that it's inexpensive, spending money on an ineffective product is still unacceptable.

on 5/22/2005 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was looking for a face cream with spf in it and this seemed like a good deal. I'm always reluctant to use lotion on my face because of my combination/sensitive skin that breaks out very easily and is also so dry. So far I love this moisturizer. I find you don't have to use very much of it... that could be why another reviewer said her face was so greasy... she may have used too much. I put it on every morning and have had no problems with breakouts. I think it works really well!

on 5/16/2005 3:52:00 PM

I have combination skin and have been pleased with this moisturizer. My cheeks don't feel dry throughout the day and my forehead and chin don't feel greasy. It's almost unscented and the spf 15 is a nice bonus. It's not the most glamourous moisturizer, but it works well for me.

on 5/13/2005 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is an awesome moisturizer. It's so clean and light and non-greasy, but yet it still does a great job of keeping my dry skin moisturized. The SPF is an added plus. I really love the Essential Nutrients line from Dove. Great for almost any skin type, keeps my face clear and healthy. I've used the Day cream too, but I think I like the Day lotion better just because I only need to use a tiny bit of it to keep my whole face hydrated. Lasts a long time.

Does not irritate my sensitive skin and hydrates all day long. Does have a slight shine however, but you can easily put on a very light dust of loose powder. I think the shine is b/c of the spf but I'm glad there's spf.

on 4/27/2005 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like this product. I've only been using it for a week, and so far no breakouts or anything. Not too much grease, and no strong sunscreen smell. I'm not a huge fan of the top, but it's not a big problem. It's really cheap, and good for the price. I'd buy this product again.

on 4/19/2005 1:03:00 AM

I like this way better than the Aveeno Positively Radiant. First, this is cheaper and it doesn't have those wierd sparkles in it and this moisturizes much better than the Aveeno. I have combo skin and it didn't cause any breakouts to my face. In fact, it adds a dewy sheen, but my face does tend to get oily during the day, but then that's just my skin.

on 4/14/2005 8:43:00 PM

This made my face look greasy as soon as I put it on, and never seemed to fully absorb, despite thinly applying it. When I rubbed my eyes while wearing this, the sunscreen in it really made my eyes burn, but that has happened with every facial sunscreen that I've tried.

Doesn't have an unpleasant smell, and applies smoothly enough - Probably would be a good lotion for someone with more mature skin.

on 4/11/2005 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted a moisturizer with SPF in it, so my choices were Neutrogena Moisture, Aveeno Radiance, or this.

I chose this over the others since Aveeno was more expensive (twice the price) and I was skeptical of the glitter in it.

Also Neutrogena compared to this was more liquidy and smell like sunscreen. Dove seemed to be more absorbed into my skin then Neutrogena (although it does seem a bit thicker). And Dove did not burn my skin (like Neutrogena did when I was adapting to it).

I think I'll be sticking with Dove for awhile.

***EDIT*** All of a sudden I'm breaking out on my chin and all over my nose (this NEVER happens to me all at once), the moisturizer isn't as oil-free as it seems. I've switched back to my Neutrogena moisture.

Popular Moisturizers