July 29, 2014 | 2071 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Trichomania bar

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2008 9:55:00 AM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's amazing to me how many people can get this to work...I could not get it to lather at all - but I have a ton of hair. I found this really stripping and drying...and it so didn't work for me. I would use it as a shaving aid, but it has Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, which is really irritating for me over time. If they had used Sodium Laureth Sulfate, I probably would have had better luck with it. If you are looking for other natural shampoos, I like the Abba Pure Gentle, and the Pure Life Soap Company has some nice choices.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 2:42:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Not as strongly scented as a lot of LUSH's products are. This has a light, milky coconut scent, more creamy than tropical. Unlike Godiva or Jungle, the fragrance doesn't linger in my hair. Lathers up nicely and feels very rich and dense but rinses cleanly. I don't notice a difference, positive or negative, with my hair. It looks the same. If I need a solid shampoo (for traveling, let's say), I'll buy Godiva, but not this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2008 2:14:00 AM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE this tricomania bar shampoo for dry damaged hair, this worked perfectly for my newly cut styled hair, this shampoo bar does lather and clean without any greasy after feel to my hair, plus the scent isnt strong either, My hair feels softer along with the coolaulin conditioner with this tricomania, they both work to soften and keep my hair manageable!!! i give this a 5 star best ratings!!! i highly recommend this LUSH products!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2008 5:41:00 PM More reviews by mikithebrain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this bar so much-- the smell, the lather, the way it makes me hair shine after. I'm a curly girl who also colors and flatirons once a week so I need something gentle and conditioning for every day. I prefer this over the Curly Wurly shampoo that LUSH makes mainly because the bits in Curly Wurly get trapped in my thick hair. This is a DREAM to travel with-- just toss my tin in my bag and go!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2008 12:29:00 PM More reviews by geminiwolf

I absolutely hated this shampoo. It said it was moisturizing, so I purchased it for my mom and grandma. They never used it, so I took it, and now I know why. When I used it, my hair was so dry, I had to use the conditioner I use after I color my hair. I was so surprised, because I really like LUSH's shampoos.

Maybe mine was from a bad batch or something, but this was the worst shampoo I've ever used. It felt like it sucked all the moisture out of my hair instead of putting more back in. This is my least favorite of all the stuff I've used at LUSH, and will not be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by JellyBean_Baby

I used this on holiday in Turkey, where the heat made my hair feel really dry and brittle. Trichomania was able to put moisture back in my hair whith a lovely coconut scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Fit42

This was a disaster for me. I used this while on a vacation/business trip in Vegas. I love Lush's stuff so trying a new product (to me) for the first time was no worries. I must have used too much. I must have not rinsed well enough but it really left my hair looking like a grease pit. Seriously. Like I had smeared a brick of butter into my hair and then tried to wash it out with only water. I don't know what happened but I had to use hotel shampoo to remove it! not nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2008 6:57:00 AM More reviews by SwedishGirl26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Works **WONDERS** for my dry, long & curly hair. best schampoo I've ever used! LOVE the scent. This is perfection for dry hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2008 12:48:00 AM More reviews by silva89

I found that this product was great for my dry hair. It left my hair soft and smelling great. At first i was worried that the bar would be difficult to lather but that was not a problem at all. The shampoo alone leaves my hair with a great coconut scent (and after leaving the bar on the bathroom counter over night, the scent filled the whole room) but my hair smelled even better after using the coolaulin conditioner with it. I definitely suggest this for anyone with dry hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2008 10:17:00 PM More reviews by swedishmilk

Love how the product comes in a rustic hunk. Love the coconut smell (I'm a coconut fanatic of all varieties). The price was a bit scary but I'm confident the $28 I spent on it will last a long time. I keep it in a tupperware in my shower. A quick swipe on top of my soaking hair lathers nicely and doesn't strip and leave it "squeaky clean." I would love to find a nice moisturizing Lush conditioner to go with it though. I want something coconut. Hmm.