LUSH Trichomania bar

3.4

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Creamed Coconut (Cocos nucifera), Glyceryl Stearate & PEG-100 Stearate, Cocamide DEA, Soya Lecithin, Perfume, Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides)

on 12/21/2008 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

On my very first trip to a Lush store, I was intrigued by the idea of a solid shampoo. The store assistant told me to try this one. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. Before using it, my hair felt likie there was a lot of build-up, but I didn't feel that way after using this shampoo. It also reduced (not eliminated) my dandruff. But it didn't do much for my frizz. I'm wondering if I should switch my conditioner, too, and see if I get better results.

on 12/9/2008 1:32:00 PM

This shampoo worked out really well for me. It definitely adds a lot of moisture to hair. I have curly somewhat dry hair and this added just enough moisture. The only thing I don't like about this is that it contains SLS. Because of that I probably won't be using it as often.

I love the smell, but I just don't get the same shiny, clean hair that I do with my favorite LUSH solid shampoo New!. The shampoo definitely smells like creamy coconut - delicious.

I can't get this bar to work up a great lather like I can with some of LUSH's other shampoo bars. I usually get mediocre results and find that I usually have to rinse and repeat.

I found this shampoo bar to be way to thick and heavy for me. I am trying to grow out my dyed hair, so my roots and the top 5 or so inches of my hair are super healthy, and the ends severely damaged from dying. I think part of the reason this doesn't work for me is that my undamaged roots get too greasy when using this shampoo. I like to shampoo only every other day, but when I use this I have to shampoo every day or my hair looks dirty.

Although there are things that I like about this shampoo, it just isn't the right fit. I think I will stick to New!.

on 8/23/2008 8:53:00 PM

I'm neutral, haven't tried it. I just wanted to comment on the name of this product. The term "Trichotillomania" is a psychological disorder where there's a strong compulsion to pull out one's own body hair. People who suffer with this psychological disorder have practically no body hair. It's bizarre to find a product named this!

on 8/18/2008 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I do love the scent of this shampoo bar, and I find it lasts a long time since I just need to rub my hands over it a couple of times to get enough to wash my hair. It left my hair nice and soft and fairly shiny, but nothing special. (For anyone who is interested, the 'tricho' part of the name comes from the Greek for hair. Trichology is the study of hair. There is also an STD with a similar name.)

on 7/31/2008 1:35:00 AM

I agree with Cookie below. Why is this bar basically named after an STD (trichomaniasis, I think)??????? Gross.

on 7/30/2008 2:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been on the hunt for bar shampoo ever since I learned that it takes 26 litres of water just to manufacture one plastic shampoo bottle. I was delighted when I found out about LUSH and I went to the store in Santa Monica to try some out. I bought the Trichomania shampoo and both my BF and I have been using it and love it (and love not using plastic). However, the price is pretty high - I paid $15 for a pretty small bar. Also, the customer service at the Santa Monica store was hideous. Really. I went up to two salesgirls who were talking to each other (about something totally not work-related) to ask a question and they both looked at me and went on with their conversation. I mean, come on. That's ridiculous. That left a pretty negative impression on me so I went searching for other good shampoo bars. I found (thank you, google) a place called Chagrin Valley Soap and Craft in Ohio which seems like a really great mom and pop joint. And their ingredients are AMAZING (some of Lush's bars have SLS; not here)! They also have sample sizes of everything for cheap, so I ordered a whole bunch of samples to try them out. I haven't received them yet, but I have hgh hopes!

on 7/13/2008 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It's amazing to me how many people can get this to work...I could not get it to lather at all - but I have a ton of hair. I found this really stripping and drying...and it so didn't work for me. I would use it as a shaving aid, but it has Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, which is really irritating for me over time. If they had used Sodium Laureth Sulfate, I probably would have had better luck with it. If you are looking for other natural shampoos, I like the Abba Pure Gentle, and the Pure Life Soap Company has some nice choices.

on 5/20/2008 2:42:00 PM

Not as strongly scented as a lot of LUSH's products are. This has a light, milky coconut scent, more creamy than tropical. Unlike Godiva or Jungle, the fragrance doesn't linger in my hair. Lathers up nicely and feels very rich and dense but rinses cleanly. I don't notice a difference, positive or negative, with my hair. It looks the same. If I need a solid shampoo (for traveling, let's say), I'll buy Godiva, but not this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I LOVE LOVE this tricomania bar shampoo for dry damaged hair, this worked perfectly for my newly cut styled hair, this shampoo bar does lather and clean without any greasy after feel to my hair, plus the scent isnt strong either, My hair feels softer along with the coolaulin conditioner with this tricomania, they both work to soften and keep my hair manageable!!! i give this a 5 star best ratings!!! i highly recommend this LUSH products!!!!