August 1, 2014 | 1223 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Refined Golden

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this bronzer at a MAC counter about 2 years ago and I just recently hit the bottom of the pan, which should say something about its pigmentation..at least for fairer-skined women like myself (I'm NW20). I really like the color - true to its name, and nowhere near orange like many bronzers out there. It has a pretty golden shimmer, and makes for a nice contour color as well. Once I run out I'll probably purchase the Laguna bronzer by Nars just to see how it compares..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2009 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Kiki91768

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

So I RIS this item. I love the color and I tend to reach for it when I need more bronzed look. I'm not too fond of the glitter because the pan sounds a lot of it but if you apply this right you end up with a little amount of glitter. I'm really happy with it and it doesn't give me that dirty look and very easy to blend. I don't see it as an everyday bronzer though I prefer a more matte bronzer.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by cms937

I got thsi from my cusins makeup bag probably 2 or 3 years ago and i still have it. I thought it was a good bronzer i took off one rating for the glitter (i think theere is to much in it). Besides that it would of got a 4. It's no where near gone and i've had it for so long, theres about a quarter size of it faded in the middle and thats lasted me longer than any other bronzers' i've had. I have/had way darker skin than my cusin but this still looked really good on me. Also this is easy to layer on without looking like an Oompa-Loompa. This is great bronzer except for the glitter.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love it.
I was contouring my face with victoria secrets mosiac bronzer (just because I was trying to use it up) and it always made my face look orange and it did not really apply too well. However, this is amazing. It is a perfect light brown color that is amazing for contouring on my NC30 skin and its also good for darkening foundation. My HG contour powder :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

Refined Golden would probably be suitable if you're an NC30 or lighter. Initially I really liked this, but then I found Bronze bronzer, and that is so much better on my skintone. Refined Golden is a light beige-bronze with gold shimmer and has zero orange to it, making it wonderful in terms of color. However, it seems to apply more sheerly and requires too much layering to show up on my skintone. for me .. It's MAC's Bronze bronzer all the way!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2009 3:52:00 AM More reviews by cutieanik

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first bronzer. I wanted something to contour my face with, without looking orange-y. This stuff does the job. It looks quite shimmery in the compact, but once it's applied to your face - it looks pretty matte. It is highly pigmented - I barely tap my brush into the compact and it stays on all day. I prefer this color compared to NARS Laguna, and is about $10 cheaper also!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2009 7:46:00 AM More reviews by Mardi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

This is an excellent bronzer. Although inside the compact it appears to be extremely glittery once applied and blended the glitter doesnt really show up. It gives the skin a beautiful glow, im a NC37 and this shade bronzer works perfect for my skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2009 3:30:00 AM More reviews by prettyreckless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely too shimmery for me. Although you can't see it while applying, it shows up looking very unnatural in daylight. I never noticed it until my friends started asking me why my face was so glittery. Embarrassing. Some people may like the shimmer, but I'm more into matte bronzers

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by mizznk

I like this bronzer a lot. It is my second favorite to Solar Riche. It has more brown undertones and it is matte (even tho it has shimmer specs in the pot) and it suits my medium-olive skin tone very well. I'm looking forward to using this in the winter!! The staying power is great and I don't find that it rubs off at all, even when I hug my bf and rub my face in his shirt (not too hard of course) but it stays put, looks great on my skin tone, and doesn't oxidize on me. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by rosietse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a very good bronzer for me (I agree with the last reviewer, as I am an NC30) and it isn't too powdery- which is good. I like that it looks matte and it never looks orange on my skin. Overall, it is a good bronzer, but not my favorite.