April 17, 2014 | 1783 users online

Masks - Mario Badescu - silver powder

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by ficklepickle

I think it does not really clean my pores thoroughly, but instead just whitens them up. I use it in combination with other stuff to clear them up first and then whiten them up a bit for a cleaner look.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Casanchez18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product because it srinks my pores, and so it reduces my oil. The only thing I would say about this product it that it's hard to put on and take off, but I think it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2010 5:58:00 AM More reviews by shinyaholic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using Silver Powder for two weeks now, twice a week and have been impressed.

I have very large, clogged pores on my nose and have tried all sorts of treatments with limited success.

My biggest criticism of the powder is how messy it is to apply (be really careful not to spill it as it takes forever to clear up!), however I think the results are worth it. Taking advice from other reviewers I apply the powder then use a pore strip to help extract the gunk.

The pore strips remove about 40% more gunk than before and when I look in a magnifying mirror afterwards I can definitely see the difference.

After two weeks my pores are looking a lot better. I still have blackheads and blocked pores, but there are definitely fewer of them and overall the skin on my nose is looking a lot clearer.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by dgar71

This product really dod nothing for me. To minamize any mess and flaking I put some of the powder in the lid then applied it with a wet q-tip. I left it on for 10-15 minutes then removed it. It didn't really unclog my pores (my pores aren't very big so that might have had something to do with it), it did however brighten my skin. Now mu hubby has blackheads visably and he tried it. We noticed an immediate difference in his face. We were so excited, until we noticed hours later his skin looked exactly the same BEFORE he used the powder. End result, the effects only lasted a few hours.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not the worst product but it was just not for me. Personally I find the application a bit too messy for my taste and the idea of wetting a cotton round or ball seems like an invitation for bacteria growth but I could be wrong. I think the Special Healing powder is a better option for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by ursula28

I had very high hopes for this product because of its stellar reviews and my love for Mario Badescu in general. Unfortunately for me, however, I saw no visible results, and it is such a pain to wash off. I have tried it again and again, using reviewers' various application suggestions, but I'm always disappointed. It also feels pretty harsh on my combination skin. (It is for this reason that I never liked pore strips either.) Sometimes I wonder if I will ever be able to banish the black pores from my t-zone...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by rnm3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love this a. but i have to say to NOT follow the directions. instead of taking it off with toner, take it off with warm water to keep the pores open, then extract (they come out sooo easily. no need to be rough with your skin to get it decongested). most of the congestion comes out aside from stubborn blackheads.
using this product once or twice weekly keeps my pores clear and seriously cuts out the congestion i fight regularly! the best ive found!
and yes, using biore strips aftterwards gives great results:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by PaigeB143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first I did not think I would like dipping a wet cotton ball into the dry powder but what I found is that if you get the cotton ball wet and squeeze most of the water out then dip it into the powder you will have really good results. I use this once a week on my nose, forehead, and chin. I leave it on for approx 10-15 minutes and take it off with warm water, then I use biore strips on my nose and chin. If you have ever used biore stips in the past you know about how much you typically get off...you will be AMAZED how much more you will see on the little strip after using the silver powder. I would HIGHLY recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

This is awesome for blackhead-prone skin. It is a little messy to use and hard to rinse, but the payoff is well worth it. Keeps my skin clear without irritating my skin. My skin feels soft after rinsing, not stripped.I then apply my usual moisturizer. I found that its best to use a cotton swab to apply. My skin appears more balanced as far as oiliness goes too. Worth a shot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by tracita

i agree with prior reviews--i don't like dipping something wet into dry product. however the benefits far outweigh that one negative. this stuff rocks! i moisten a q-tip, dip it in the jar and then smooth it over my nose and forehead in a thin layer...leave on for 15-30 minutes and then use a toner to remove what i can and any remainder comes off with either the clarisonic brush or a scrub of some sort. big difference in the pesky little blackheads that plague me. super duper deal.