November 24, 2014 | 1994 users online

Masks - Mario Badescu - silver powder

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 10:42:00 AM More reviews by EmHimes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say that I like this powder. The concept is good, using powder to absorb oil in problem areas. My nose is my problem. You are supposed to place a wet cotton ball into the powder and apply it to the skin. At first I thought that putting a wet object into the powder would 'mess up' the remaining product and make a mess. It does not. I have placed wet cotton into the jar and none of the remaining powder is effected, clumped or ruined. You need to apply just a little though. If you go overboard and use to much, especially on your nose, each time you breath out, white powder 'blows' out. I have used the powder 5 times now and I have noticed a difference. Clogged pores have been reduced and nose is less oily overall. I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by melaniebelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing. I have used it only twice now. The second time in conjuction with a biore nose strip. I have NEVER gotten as many blackheads out of my nose before (using just the biore strips). It was pretty gross, but truly amazing. The entire strip was full. I could see after taking the mask off that many of my blackheads appeared to have risen out of the pore, so I figured I would just plop one on and see what happens. It was amazing. Almost every single blackhead came out. I have not noticed that my other blackheads on the rest of my face have gone yet, but I have only used it twice. I will continue to use 3 times a week. Probably with the biore strips just to get a good intial cleaning. I suspect that this will do a pretty good job of keeping the blackheads at bay after that. This also does wonders in keeping my super oily skin at bay. I don't seem to be producing nearly as much. I love the whole Mario Badescu oily skin line... great stuff and totally worth a try. They sell it at ULTA, or order the free samples from their website first. I am super happy with this line. Made me say goodbye to Origins :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Cynjrana

I just bought this product yesterday and tested it out last night, and i can certainly say that this product did wonders for my blackheads. I have spent years trying to get rid of these pesky blackhead around my nose, and finally i stumbled across something that really works. I heard that the glue from the strips actually creates more blackheads, and it is true after i started using the strips some 12 years ago my pores got larger and blackheads galore. I stopped using it immediately but nothing would remove it except this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Ravey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i have tried just about everything over the years to get rid of the stubborn blackheads on my nose, and this is the ONLY thing that has ever worked significantly. its a pain to apply, super messy and hard to remove, but it works, so i can't complain. i use it about once a week (and now all over my face, not just on my nose) and it cleans everything out of my pores. amazing stuff. definitely worth a try.

edit// i found an easier, less messy way to apply this. i pour a little in my hand (but you could pour it in a dish or something, but i hate to waste product) and sprinkle just enough water on it to make a paste and apply that to my face directly. this way i don't get dry little white powder flake all over, and it applies much more evenly than the way the directions say.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by sscouterr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this for spot treating pimples and it work phenomenally! I take a q-tip, run one side under water, stink in the the powder, and apply to my face. Usually I sleep with it on and it rubs off over night, but you definitely won't have that pimple in the morning! One night, I felt a huge pimple coming. The ones that really REALLY hurt, yaknow? So I took some of this stuff, put it on, and bam! The area was spotless! :D :D Love love love!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by ficklepickle

I think it does not really clean my pores thoroughly, but instead just whitens them up. I use it in combination with other stuff to clear them up first and then whiten them up a bit for a cleaner look.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Casanchez18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product because it srinks my pores, and so it reduces my oil. The only thing I would say about this product it that it's hard to put on and take off, but I think it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2010 5:58:00 AM More reviews by shinyaholic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using Silver Powder for two weeks now, twice a week and have been impressed.

I have very large, clogged pores on my nose and have tried all sorts of treatments with limited success.

My biggest criticism of the powder is how messy it is to apply (be really careful not to spill it as it takes forever to clear up!), however I think the results are worth it. Taking advice from other reviewers I apply the powder then use a pore strip to help extract the gunk.

The pore strips remove about 40% more gunk than before and when I look in a magnifying mirror afterwards I can definitely see the difference.

After two weeks my pores are looking a lot better. I still have blackheads and blocked pores, but there are definitely fewer of them and overall the skin on my nose is looking a lot clearer.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by dgar71

This product really dod nothing for me. To minamize any mess and flaking I put some of the powder in the lid then applied it with a wet q-tip. I left it on for 10-15 minutes then removed it. It didn't really unclog my pores (my pores aren't very big so that might have had something to do with it), it did however brighten my skin. Now mu hubby has blackheads visably and he tried it. We noticed an immediate difference in his face. We were so excited, until we noticed hours later his skin looked exactly the same BEFORE he used the powder. End result, the effects only lasted a few hours.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not the worst product but it was just not for me. Personally I find the application a bit too messy for my taste and the idea of wetting a cotton round or ball seems like an invitation for bacteria growth but I could be wrong. I think the Special Healing powder is a better option for me.