Suave Professionals Humectant Conditioner

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Glycerin, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, PEG-150 Distearate, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate [Vitamin E Acetate], Arginine HCl, Lysine HCl, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Hair Keratin Amino Acids, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Silk Amino Acids, Methylisothiazolinone, Honey, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract

on 4/29/2008 12:59:00 AM

This is BY FAR the WORST conditioner I have EVER used. I used this product for 2 weeks. By the start of the 2nd week I had static. My hair turned to a straw texture. My hair was healthy before and this stuff ruined it. Don't buy this product. So yes, I can tell this product from the real thing. My hair is AWFUL.

on 4/24/2008 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Given the fact it only costs $2 a bottle (and I got a specially marked bottle with 25% more product in it), it's not a bad conditioner. Not completely bowled over by it either...smell is a little artificial and heavy.

on 4/18/2008 11:29:00 AM

I went to the drugstore looking for my normal Redken fix, but they were out, so I decided to pick up something cheap until I could find my original shampoo somewhere else. This product works better than I expected for the price, and was much better than the shampoo. I don't have the heart to toss it out yet even though I don't use it in my hair routine anymore, so I might just slather a huge amount all over my extremely long, and slightly dried out hair one night and see what happens.

I tried this conditioner yesterday morning and it was aweful. It was a little difficult to work through my longish fine hair and an unreasonable amount of hair came out in my hands in the process! My hair dried into a frizzy mess and stayed that way all day. When I woke up this morning my hair was the true "rat's nest". I had the same experience with the Nexxus as well a few months ago. Not worth it. The only feature I liked was that the bottle could stand on either end. Update 1/14/09: Suave changed the formula for the shampoo and conditioner. I recently saw the new bottles at Wal-mart and for $1.73 each I thought it's worth trying again. The conditioner is very different from before, and at first I thought it was much better. But now my hair is drier than before and tangles are nearly impossible to comb out. Junk.

on 3/18/2008 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Lately my hair has been so dry and knotty, even in the shower when using conditioner. I tried several different shampoos and conditioners and nothing seemed to be working. I've used the Nexxus one before and really liked the smell, so I thought maybe the Suave would work. I wasn't expecting any miracles though. I used the shampoo and conditioner together and WOW!!!! My hair has never been so soft and smooth. I am still in shock, and I have only used it once. I even think it works better than Nexxus. And for a fraction of the price!!

on 3/8/2008 12:04:00 PM

I haven't used the actual Nexxus version so I can't compare but I really like Suave's version. I have fine, oily hair that is dry at the ends. This provides the perfect amount of moisture and makes my hair incredibly soft. For the price I will definitely keep using.

Really happy with this Suave. Iíve never tried the Nexxus product and wonít since it contains parabens (which some people may have a problem with and some people may not). The scent in the bottle is quite strong and as others have said, artificial coconut but itís faint in the hair once itís washed out. Leaves my hair soft and bouncy, wow! My ends are slightly crunchy (although no split ends) due to over coloring so finding a product that really does make them feel soft is a rare thing (I leave a small amount in the ends as a leave-in). Packaging is nothing special, the top is the same as the bottom so flip it over to the end when you start off and then as it starts to run out, stand it on itís cap. Love this and for less than $3 at regular price, Iíll definitely repurchase. Me: fine/dense, wavy 2a-2c, color treated, bra-strap length.

on 1/5/2008 11:49:00 PM

This product is all-around incredible. Softens and hydrates my super-dry hair just as well as Nexxus Humectress and Redken All Soft, which are both great products but super expensive. Seriously, to think of all the money I've blown on salon shampoos/conditioners when I could have gotten just as good of a formula for less than $2. I haven't had a bad hair day since I've been using this stuff along with my other products. I do think, however, that it's the best in the Suave Professionals shampoo/cond. line--I tried the Extreme Strength kind that's supposed to be comparable to Redken Extreme, and I don't really think it held up. But I digress. The Humectant conditioner is a fabulous product and, if you're like me, it'll convert you from spending $15+ for a bottle of conditioner to spending $1.66 at Wal-Mart.

on 12/3/2007 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This was on sale at Walgreens for 62 cents, plus I had a $1.00 coupon off 2 so I ended up paying 12 cents. What the heck, I tried it. And it's pretty darn good. Conditions very well, removed all my tangles, smells nice, and it was TWELVE CENTS! I would definitely buy this again, at full price which is less than two bucks I think.

on 12/2/2007 9:10:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This stuff is great. I do love the coconut scent it has. It is artificial of course but the type that they use I just love. It smells like thier coconut shampoo which ive been using since I was little so it reminds me of the good ole days everytime I use it. It also moisturizes very well. And HELLO! It's 3 something for a huge bottle.