December 20, 2014 | 1421 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by ihoardmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

oh no. here i go about to upset the cult followers of this product. the powder itself wasn't bad at all! it was a smooth application, not patchy, good staying power.... but (on me) it looked orange! and muddy! oh how i wished i could have loved this. packaging was fine, price was great... product was not too good! although it reminds me tons of the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil (in the original shade, the deeper one is better) in the way that it is super warm toned. overall, for me it was a dud.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by macprobossychik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally decided to give this cult favorite a try and I was impressed. For the price, it does a very good job for my complexion, which is NC44. It doesn't show up orangy on me at all, which is a bonus. I use this bronzer when I'm in a rush and there is no need to break out my more expensive ones. I love it and I'm pretty sure I'll repurchase it when I run out =)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by iluvmakeup12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first matte bronzer I ever bought when I first started contouring. I'm about an NC30 and this bronzer is warm enough so it doesn't look muddy on me (like some cool toned bronzers). It doesn't really show up when I'm more tan in the Summer, but it is perfect when I'm lighter in the Winter. It is ok as far as pigmentation and staying power, but no matter how much I buff I can't seem to blend this bronzer. If you're new to conturing this is a decent starter bronzer and it's only $3.

Pros:
-Very afforadable.
-OK staying power.
-Can build the color.
-Good shade for warmer undertones.
-Get a decent amount of product (I've had this for over a year and still haven't run out).

Cons:
-Hard if not impossible to blend.
-Depending on your skin tone might be too dark or not pigmented enough.
-If you have cool undertones this product might look a little orange on you.

Tip: If you're new to this bronzer apply with a light hand. You can always build it up, but it's hard to blend out and can make you look streaky if you're not careful.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by viviansweethart

Almost all YT gurus talk highly about this product, but I don't agree with them. I feel like this doesn't do much for my face. It's too light for me. If you are on the hunt for an extremely affordable bronzer, go for it. You won't be losing much at $4.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by seaspray2242

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Orange.

Thats all I can say. Those who compare this product to Benefit's Hoola to get the "true" bronzer colour must haven't had it for too long. My skin is light with yellow undertones NC15-20ish, and at first it worked, but as time went on, the flimsy packaging eventually led oxygen into the product and caused it to go a orangey red rusty oompa loompa colour. I even dug up the product with the end of an old pair of tweezers and the further down it was, the more deeper and orangey it looks. The only reason why I gave it 2 stars is that the product IS okay for about the first week or so. But who's gonna use a 9.4g pot of bronzer in a week and a half? I have also suspected this broke me out because the line of contour I've done with it is where I mysteriously got 5 pimples in a row and my whole area that I bronze has been going mad. I am hesitant to try bronzer now, what if I buy an expensive bronzer and it oranges? Thanks NYC for the pimples, oompa loompa side of face and making me hesitant.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by misscocochaneljeanelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this bronzer!! It's inexpensive ($4) Gives me a great bronzed look and color! and most importantly it's MATTE! I'm not a fan of bronzers with shimmer but just my personal preference. I like to use it to contour a little to make my cheekbones stand out a little more or just to warm up my complexion. I'm already tan but Sunny shows up on me pretty well. I like to use my Ecotools contour brush to apply NYC Sunny or my Ecotools deluxe fan brush and sunny goes on beautifully. Does not break me out. The packaging is pretty simple nothing fancy here but it can break if it falls too many times. No smell for what I can notice. I use to have Benefit Hoola but NYC shows up so much better on my skin! I also have NARS Laguna (was a gift) but like I said I don't like shimmer in my bronzers, so I use it on my eyelids. Overall I really love this bronzer! Definitely is my favorite all time bronzer!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by shellstah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've heard multiple beauty gurus on YT rave about this but I never really bothered since I hardly go into Walmart. I picked it up after seeing only one left on the rack. When I first swatched it on my hand, I thought it would be totally useless because I couldn't even see the pigmentation on my hand at all! I tried it on my face and I was so relieved to see the colour show up on my face LOL! I would say this product is very buildable as the colour got deeper as I layered more on. I'm not really a fan of the applicator as its kind of like a styrofoam board material. I definitely wouldn't mind paying $3 for a product like this! My only complaint is that the packaging is a little flimsy.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by rochaschung

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this bronzer after reading lots of good reviews from MA and some YouTube videos. I was looking for a natural matte bronzer to contour and warm up my cool and pale skin. The powder of this bronzer is on the dry side compared to the Stila bronzer that I own previously. The powder is also not as fine as the Stila bronzer (and I know this is really not a fair comparison given the price difference between the two) either, but it is finer than the old Wet n Wild bronzer (in square package). Despite much raves from many pale gals, I still find the color is a bit orange-ish on me. I know this varies from person to person. It might be that I happen to have more pink undertone so this bronzer doesn't work that well on me. Therefore I have no complain about it. Overall, I would probably use it in the occasion when I want to have a more dramatic bronzing hue, or as a backup bronzer. With the cost, it's still a reasonable purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by karaduquette

I don't understand why people are saying this is orange? It is not orange at all... This is the perfect bronzer its completely matte and the perfect medium bronzing shade. I like to use this to contour my cheeks and even in my crease as eyeshadow. Plus its so cheap :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by margrosek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product went on way too orangey and sparkly, but I only paid $3 for it, so it's not a big loss. The experience taught me not to listen to some of the makeup gurus on YT! Maybe this bronzer would be okay for some one very young who can pull off a very sparkly look and who is on a tight budget, but don't use this one if you have a fair complexion. Edit: This product probably wouldn't look orangey if you had a warm skin tone, but for those with neutral/cool undertones it's just not that flattering!