November 27, 2014 | 1539 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2006 4:18:00 AM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this suncreeen on and off for a few years. This sunscreen is non greasy and non irritating to my skin. However, I still get tanned when wearing this sunscreen on my face and I need to reapply often. About 2-3 times per day in the summer to get sufficient coverage otherwise I burn. So far Canadian and European sunscreens have worked better for me in terms of slowing tanning and keeping me burn free. Clinique Super City Blocker an ok sunscreen, something is better than nothing. I usually buy this around GWP time, and would reach for this sunscreen on cloudy days or in the winter.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2006 5:21:00 AM More reviews by pocari

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used City Block spf 15 for a few years and decided to buy this one as I was moving to a sunnier climate. Although I was applying a generous amount on a daily basis, I noticed that I was starting to tan anyway. After reading the sunscreen FAQ and sunscreens notepads (thanks MUAers!!), turns out that titanium dioxide (the only active ingredient in SCB) does NOT provide effective protection against UVA. The best ones are Meroxyl and Tinosorb, not available in the US. So I am now on the hunt for a good Euro high PPD sunscreen. Itīs too bad as the tint helped to cover the redness in my skin and also stayed matte all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2006 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Krisbee1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This makes my skin oily and it feels heavy and greasy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2006 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I waited a week to write a review on this product to make sure that I wouldn't have an allergic reaction to it and also to make sure I didn't break out from it. so far so good. I'm very impressed with this product and I am so glad I researched this product on MUA because I would not have known about it otherwise. This product is a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) SPF 25 that goes on sheer and can also be used as a foundation primer. I wanted to get this in the bronze color, however I went to 2 Marshall Fields and they were sold out so I had to get the lighter version instead. On my DDD skin this shows up very light beige (I almost look like a ghost), but it goes away in a few seconds. This product hides my pores and helps my MU apply evenly. I am even able to use my Revlon Skinlights illuminator over it as I usually do without any problems. It's well worth the $16.50 I paid for it. I will definately repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2006 1:20:00 PM More reviews by aelisabeth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have had some trouble finding a good sunscreen for my sensitive, dermatitis-probe skin. Products which rely on non-chemical ingrediants have, more often than not, been disappointing (oily sheen, white caste). City Block 25 is one of the few good ones, to my thinking. It is non-irritating and leaves a soft, semi-matte sheen with a vague hint of creamy color. The caste is pretty non-offensive and might please some with it's ability to mask slight imperfections in the skin. Having said that, Clinique has come out with yet a new product: CX Protective Base SPF 40 aimed at soothing and protecting sensitive and easily irritated skin, which is the best sunscreen I have tried to date. It's not on the boards yet, but let me be among the first to report: no oily residue; zero white cast; plenty of excellent antioxidants. It is superb!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2006 2:29:00 PM More reviews by PsykoBitch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this as my everyday sun block. I have N/C skin and it doesn't make my skin break out. It also works wonderfully as a primer. The cream itself is tinted, but on the skin it shows up clear.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2006 7:58:00 AM More reviews by preparetojump

I was in the market for a sunscreen that didn't feel as though it was drowning your pores in gunk, and a friend turned me onto this stuff. Worked fine but still left me with that pore-drowning feeling, and for the price, I'm better off with something cheaper that leaves the same sensations.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2006 11:42:00 AM More reviews by grace11103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have normal-dry skin and this feels velvety on my skin. i LOVE this product, it evens out my skin tone and protects my cheeks from getting even redder from the sun. This is the best facial sunblock hands down.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2006 2:11:00 PM More reviews by kirstyb

Felt light going on and make-up went on smoothly over top. But made my combo skin shinier than normal and caused breakouts. I returned it, and SA said it was a physical sunscreen, therefore not good for blemish-prone skin. Suggested I try superdefense instead, as it is a chemical sunscreen and my skin is much happier.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2006 3:17:00 PM More reviews by rosnguil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This one pulled quite a number on my poor sensitive skin. After two days of wearing this, my pores got really clogged, and I had tons of little bumps all over my face. I'm a little disappointed because I liked the consistency and feel of this sunblock. My skin has been very dry recently and this actually felt like it blocked in some moisture... unfortunately that's not the only thing that it blocked in. Oh well, I've always had problems with Clinique skincare and foundation.