Clinique Super City Block SPF 25

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: titanium dioxide 7.30%, zinc oxide 6.90% INGREDIENTS: water, trioctyldodecyl citrate, butylene glycol, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, steareth-2, aluminum stearate, silica, lecithin, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rose-mary) leaf extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) root extract, betu-la alba (birch) bark extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, laminaria saccharina extrac, saccharomyces lysate extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, sodium hyaluronate, sorbitan tristearate, linoleic acid, polyquaternium-51, caprylyl methicone, sorbitol, sodium rna, phospholipids, peg-40 stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, phytantriol, stearic acid, hydrogenated lecithin, cellulose, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, stearyl dimethicone, ascorbyl tocopheryl maleate, nordihydroguaiaretic acid, linolenic acid, pantethine, bisabolol, hydroxyethyl urea, ceteth-2, peg/ppg-18/8 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, steareth-20, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, propylene glycol dicaprate, sodium stearate, nylon-12, citric acid, nylon-6, hexylene glycol, xanthan gum, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)

on 5/19/2006 10:26:00 AM

I'm actually liking this a bit more than DHC SPF 25 which I've used for years. The Clinique seems to spread better and isn't quite so hard to remove. It is also less drying on my skin. I did try the 40 SPF version (which is thinner) and I can't use this all over...I think the chemical filters in the 40 SPF reacts with my skin. However, I do use the 40 SPF around my eyes. I don't get breakouts or reactions with the SPF 25 in the winter but I do break out a little from it during the summer. Not bad zits, just little zitlets. Update: Stopped using this...got a pretty bad breakout from it when the weather was hot and humid.

on 4/28/2006 4:18:00 AM

I've been using this suncreeen on and off for a few years. This sunscreen is non greasy and non irritating to my skin. However, I still get tanned when wearing this sunscreen on my face and I need to reapply often. About 2-3 times per day in the summer to get sufficient coverage otherwise I burn. So far Canadian and European sunscreens have worked better for me in terms of slowing tanning and keeping me burn free. Clinique Super City Blocker an ok sunscreen, something is better than nothing. I usually buy this around GWP time, and would reach for this sunscreen on cloudy days or in the winter.

on 4/26/2006 5:21:00 AM

I used City Block spf 15 for a few years and decided to buy this one as I was moving to a sunnier climate. Although I was applying a generous amount on a daily basis, I noticed that I was starting to tan anyway. After reading the sunscreen FAQ and sunscreens notepads (thanks MUAers!!), turns out that titanium dioxide (the only active ingredient in SCB) does NOT provide effective protection against UVA. The best ones are Meroxyl and Tinosorb, not available in the US. So I am now on the hunt for a good Euro high PPD sunscreen. Its too bad as the tint helped to cover the redness in my skin and also stayed matte all day.

on 4/20/2006 2:36:00 PM

This makes my skin oily and it feels heavy and greasy.

on 4/6/2006 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I waited a week to write a review on this product to make sure that I wouldn't have an allergic reaction to it and also to make sure I didn't break out from it. so far so good. I'm very impressed with this product and I am so glad I researched this product on MUA because I would not have known about it otherwise. This product is a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) SPF 25 that goes on sheer and can also be used as a foundation primer. I wanted to get this in the bronze color, however I went to 2 Marshall Fields and they were sold out so I had to get the lighter version instead. On my DDD skin this shows up very light beige (I almost look like a ghost), but it goes away in a few seconds. This product hides my pores and helps my MU apply evenly. I am even able to use my Revlon Skinlights illuminator over it as I usually do without any problems. It's well worth the $16.50 I paid for it. I will definately repurchase this.

on 4/1/2006 1:20:00 PM

I have had some trouble finding a good sunscreen for my sensitive, dermatitis-probe skin. Products which rely on non-chemical ingrediants have, more often than not, been disappointing (oily sheen, white caste). City Block 25 is one of the few good ones, to my thinking. It is non-irritating and leaves a soft, semi-matte sheen with a vague hint of creamy color. The caste is pretty non-offensive and might please some with it's ability to mask slight imperfections in the skin. Having said that, Clinique has come out with yet a new product: CX Protective Base SPF 40 aimed at soothing and protecting sensitive and easily irritated skin, which is the best sunscreen I have tried to date. It's not on the boards yet, but let me be among the first to report: no oily residue; zero white cast; plenty of excellent antioxidants. It is superb!

on 3/27/2006 2:29:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I use this as my everyday sun block. I have N/C skin and it doesn't make my skin break out. It also works wonderfully as a primer. The cream itself is tinted, but on the skin it shows up clear.

I was in the market for a sunscreen that didn't feel as though it was drowning your pores in gunk, and a friend turned me onto this stuff. Worked fine but still left me with that pore-drowning feeling, and for the price, I'm better off with something cheaper that leaves the same sensations.

on 3/18/2006 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have normal-dry skin and this feels velvety on my skin. i LOVE this product, it evens out my skin tone and protects my cheeks from getting even redder from the sun. This is the best facial sunblock hands down.

on 2/20/2006 2:11:00 PM

Felt light going on and make-up went on smoothly over top. But made my combo skin shinier than normal and caused breakouts. I returned it, and SA said it was a physical sunscreen, therefore not good for blemish-prone skin. Suggested I try superdefense instead, as it is a chemical sunscreen and my skin is much happier.