BeneFit Cosmetics Brow-Zing in Dark

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was my first ever product for brows and I keep coming back to it. I have tried pencils, and other "brow kits" from other MU lines, but this one just seems to give me the results I like!

I will say that when you first start using this, it takes a while to learn how to use the wax and the powder. If you use too much, your eyebrows look fake. Not enough, and it looks like you didnt do anything to your brows. And blending is the key to making this product work!

The little brushes that come with the packaging are so NOT HELPFUL! I suggest investing in a bigger angle brush for the wax and a blending brush for the powder.

Another little helpful hint- if you can find them, I would get some clean, new individual mascara wands and you can use them to blend the wax/powder on your brows. It disperses the product more evenly and it definitely looks more natural.

I do really like this product... although it does not match my dark asian eyebrows completely but it does blend well together with it plus it lasts very long and does not fade when its hot!!!
the tweezer in there is completely useless but the brushes are cute and it does kinda work but i prefer to use a proper brow brush.

Overall it works well for me..

The gel or was part of this product is very light and gives a very hinted pigment and the powder part defines the brow...

I like to combination of the two.

I'm satisfied with this product

I like that it comes with two brushes and a tweezer

I usually use a separate angled brow brush for this

Was so excited getting this product!

Pro's -
The colour of the shadow darkened the eyebrow well.
The pigment wax was nice.

Con's -
The shadow breaks easily and destroys the compact.
The brushes and tweezers that come with the compact are very bad quality and pointless/
Very expensive at 33 euro (from Ireland)

Will not be buying this again...will try the MAC spiked eye pencil next.

**UPDATE**
knocking off another lippie, the rest of the shadow has broken even though I was very careful with....and the compact is a abit hard to open, you had to dig your fingernails in the groove to open ie chipping your nailvarnish, very annoying.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Love it! This product will last a long time, for this reason the price (not cheap) is reasonable. This is good for people with sparse eyebrows, to fill them and and make them look shaped and perfect. I actually have full eyebrows, but I still keep this around just in case. Can also be used to define the arch better. I gave this four lipstick-things instead of five only because, though it is not hard to apply, it is hard to apply WELL. Takes a bit of practice- make sure if you buy it, you get a salesperson show you how to use it, first. Also make sure to brush your eyebrows after putting it on, to make sure it's evenly distributed.

Also: the "dark" shade is much better than the medium.. I had been using the medium for a while, but is really quite red.. unless you have red hair/eyerows, this probably wont work for you. (Unless of course, you have light hair/eyebrows, in which case you should go for the "light" one.)

This stuff is awesome and lasts a very long time! It's not really anything super special but the pigment is great and long wearing. I even bought one for my best friend.

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

LOVE this!! i used the old packaging first, which came with just the dark brown wax, but have started using the new one which also includes a powder. it works fantastically and doesnt look fake or overally heavy. super simple to use, so you can't make any mistakes!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Not crazy about this product. I bought it to help me get through the process of re-growing my brows. It requires a lot of work and no matter how I put it on (wax only, powder only, wax then powder, powder then wax, wax+powder together), my brows always looked fake. The makeup artists at the Benefit counter were happy to teach me, but even still, they looked fake. Ended up returning and purchasing the MAC brow crayon instead, which I love because it gives a more natural look (application is key with drawing in brows) and requires WAY less work than Brow-Zing. I gave Brow-Zing 3 stars because it would take me a solid 20 minutes to use it and "get it right", and even after applying Brow-Zing, I still had to 1) go over it with my own cake powder and sometimes a liner, 2) use q-tips to even out the lines, 3) use a highlight foundation (one that I typically use to contour) around my brows to provide a contrast between my skin and the brow-zing to help them look more natural, 4) dust over my brows with my studio fix so they wouldn't look quite so dark then 5) use a clear mascara over my brows to "set" everything. Besides, the wax tended to make individual hairs of my brow stick to my skin, so sometimes I'd have to use tweezers to lift them back off so they'd look natural. This is probably a great product for a lot of people, but certainly not the product for me. Maybe if I were going for a night out and wanted a REALLY strong brow, this would come in handy, but even still - I don't see the value. And at $30, it's a little pricey if you ask me, even though it looks like the product would last you for a very, very, very long time. I also agree with other reviewers - the brushes that come with it are difficult to work with (as a matter of fact, one of the Benefit ladies told me to throw them away).

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hmmmm I bought my Dark a few years ago & it doesn't look like the one pictured above. My little compact has only 1 color in it, the dark brown shade, & comes with only 1 brush. I've been using this to fill in & define my brows & the result is quite dramatic - I mean, it doesn't look obviously painted on but it transforms my face by enhancing my eyebrows & giving me a stronger, more self-confident look. My natural brows are sparse & pale if I don't fill them in with color. I prefer the wax instead of other powder products I've tried before; wax is easier to apply IMO, easier to sculpt, & doesn't fade quickly like powder does.
I paid $25 for this little eyebrow compact but it lasts me for literally years ...then it goes rancid after a couple years & takes on a foul odor ...at this point I haven't even used 1/5 of the pigmented wax.
I hold on to the tiny tweezers that are included & I use them to tweeze stray brow hairs every couple of weeks to keep my brows clean & in shape - the little tweezers are functional & so cute.
I guess if I ever have to replace the one I have now (which I should at some point, as it smells rancid though I've barely just scratched the surface of it) I'll probably get to enjoy the new version with 2 shades of pigmented wax & 2 applicator brushes. :) I wonder if the price has risen for this extra perk! ...$25 was quite expensive enough to begin with.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The hairs on my brows grow out very thin, and this really helps to make them look fuller and darker. I've heard before that your eyebrow color should be two shades lighter than your haircolor, but when I use Benefit's Brow-Zings in Dark, my eyebrow color exactly matches that of my hair (warm, dark brown). I like it that way, however, since it brings out my eyes. I usually just use the wax since it has enough color, but I will also use the powder when I go out at night as it makes my brows look more dramatic.

I like that the kit includes two seperate brushes and a mini tweezer and overall, this is a solid product. However, I probably wouldn't buy it again because it's just too pricey for my budget. It's a good thing this isn't going to run out anytime soon!

EDIT: I ended up throwing this out after less than two months because it started to smell odd and I couldn't use it anymore. I kept the brushes very clean and I always closed the case after using it, so I have no idea what happened to make it smell weird. I'm extremely disappointed that I paid close to $30 for something I only used for less than two months! Will not purchase again.

Popular Brows Products