Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub

3.9

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Polyethylene, Lauryl Glucoside, PEG 16 Soy Sterol, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Glycol Distearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Methylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance, Laureth 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA

on 9/6/2010 3:00:00 AM

OKay so lets start with the packaging. This has a very easy to use package. You can see through it to see how much your using and it is easy to squeeze out. The smell is very soft fragrance of plants and very earthy smell. I love it. It is also very very gentle. It did a great job leaving my skin clean and glowy. I did see a reduction in my scar on my face but it took over a couple of months to see any change. I personally think this is the best scrub I have ever used on my face super gentle and made my skin soft and it left me feeling like I used a mask to tighten my skin which I love. It doesnt break me out either. But I dont really have zits anyway. I am gonna keep buying this product and I have been for 5 months. love it.

on 9/4/2010 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I swear to you, I'm not exaggerating. This stuff is what miracles are made of!

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit... but it has done WONDERS for my skin. 3 weeks ago, I began a new skin routine with this in the morning along with Neutrogena's Alcohol Free Toner. Soon I begin to notice in the mirror that my skin was GLOWING! I had no idea what it meant for skin to glow until now! My skin is bright, even, and glowing.

I want to stop wearing make up altogether because I want to show off how good my skin looks without foundation--THAT'S how well this product worked on me. Too bad I still need it for the undereye circles :) Regardless, I will repurchase this over and over. Buy it, you really will see results!

on 8/26/2010 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I've used a whole bottle of this and it took me nearly a year, but it has done absolutely NOTHING for my skin. Nothing. At first I thought I really liked it, because I thought my face had a slight glow- then I started getting bad acne just like I used to. But I continued to use this because I had high hopes. I have very oily skin and some light acne scarring, and this does nothing for evening out skin tone. It was a ridiculous purchase for me and I'll never make the mistake of buying anything Aveeno for my face. I'll just stick with the bodywash.

on 8/24/2010 6:19:00 PM

Aveeno is supposedly very natural, but this wash totally dried out my skin after every single wash which caused red blemishes to appear on my face. It smells great, but my skin felt like it was going to crack if I even tried to smile or talk. Won't be buying this every again. However, their night cream is pretty consistent.

on 8/23/2010 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

St. Ives' apricot scrubs have been my HG for years. But after getting on some more intensive prescription acne medications, I've decided that I need to find a much gentler scrub for my routine. The crushed peach pit shells in my St. Ives scrub was getting a little too harsh for me. I've read from a couple of people that they may be so abrasive that they could actually tear skin tissue. Yikes!

I picked one of these up a couple of years ago. I used it for no more than a couple of weeks before going back to St. Ives. I didn't get the same "satisfaction" scrubbing I got with the harsher St. Ives scrub. I guess in my mind, I thought a rougher scrub would mean cleaner, better skin. But that wasn't the case.

I recently went back to the Aveeno scrub because I remembered how gentle it was, and a gentle scrub is what I really needed.

The micro-beads in this are VERY fine, compared to St. Ives, but if I work it into my skin gently for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, I notice that my face does feel softer and more polished, without the redness that the St. Ives sometimes left behind.

I got this for just under $8 at a grocery store. Not too expensive at all.

I didn't notice any particular smell, but then again, I'm not sensitive to fragrance. It just smelled... clean.

I like the packaging. Similar to the St. Ives tubes that sit on their caps so you always get product out immediately when you open it.

This does not have any acne medication in it. Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laurethsulfate, Polyethylene, Lauryl Glucoside, Peg-16 Soy Sterol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Carbomer, Phenoxythanol, Glycol Distearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Methylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance, Laureth-4, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium Edta.

So if you're looking for a scrubbing cleanser to heal acne, this isn't going to be it. However, this scrub didn't cause breakouts to pop up either.

I do have some very light hyperpigmentation from old acne. This scrub claims to even skin tone and texture. I don't think I've used it long enough to say whether or not I think it really does, but I will keep you updated within the next several weeks.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this scrub and would repurchase.

on 7/22/2010 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

well when i first bought this product, i had not so much acne, but a decent amount of pimples. i started using it, and i really didn't like it. my skin didn't clear up in the slightest, and since im used to a more aggressive facewash i wasn't happy with the results so i dropped it. but recently, my skin has cleared up a reasonable amount and i decided i shouldn't be using as harsh as a cleanser, so i went back to this. when i used it i immediately felt the beads exfoliating, and i when i washed it off i definitely noticed the dullness in my skin gone. im not saying it was brightening at all, but it got rid of my dead layer of skin, and didn't dry it out while doing.

pros
good packaging, not an overwhelming smell, exfoliates well, gets rid of dullness in skin
cons
doesn't get rid of blemishes, doesn't brighten.
i would mainly suggest this product for people who don't have acne, and as an exfoliator for people who have normal skin, with maybe a few blemishes.

on 7/21/2010 7:22:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

The good:
- Leavesmy skin super soft
- Has evened out my skin tone
- Helps with sebum control for my oily skin
- Smells great
- Scrubbing beads are not too rough

The bad:
- Does not live up to the brightening claims

on 7/9/2010 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use half tube of this product, and it does NOTHING to my skin.
It does NOT brighten and it does not exfoliate. When I touch my skin after each wash, I can still feel my blackhead bumps. Beads are very tiny, feels more like a cleanser than a scrub. too gentle!

I generally like Aveeno products because they're gentle, but I felt like this one had absolutely zero effect on my skin.

Con:
-There is definitely no 'brightening'
-No improvement in small blemishes
-Only slight improvements in skin texture

Pro:
-The packaging is really nice
-Very natural smelling
-Good for sensitive skin
-Price is reasonable

on 6/23/2010 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

VERY pleased with this product! Wasn't looking for an exfoliator but saw this at Target and thought I'd try it. It's very gentle, easy to use every day and leaves my skin feeling smooth. I like to use it at night when I'm showering after my exercise routine. Gentle scent also which is very pleasant. Definitely will repurchase!