October 25, 2014 | 1020 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Amazing Grace Bath, Shampoo & Shower Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 1:44:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let's start with the scent - Pure, pink, pearly Amazing Grace. A slight mood upper and a wonderful, feminine bath, morning or night. It's definitely clean, fresh, and sweet, and very, very "girly", though not really floral. Men love this on me and I've gotten compliments from women too. It is what you need if you don't want a major fragrance, just something to lift you up and make you feel fresh, flirty and "together" throughout the day.
I've been through several bottles of the 3-in-1, and the scent strength varies. Stronger is definitely better, and I'm lucky enough to have received a very strong 32-oz. bottle for ~$20 with a past QVC special. Sometimes I've gotten weak bottles, and those are more disappointing smell-wise, but still have a great formula.

Now, the formula - I am someone who truly uses it as a shampoo, bubble bath, AND shower gel - I live and breathe it, basically - and I love it for all three. The gel has a great color and texture to match the fragrance and the feel. It produces a beautiful amount of lather. If you add it to your bath before water, right under the faucet, you can get massive bubbles, too. Rubbing it onto your skin, it is great for all-purpose cleansing and as shaving gel in a pinch.
And I truly love this for hair. Yes, I've tried "real" shampoos at all price points, but I keep coming back to this. In conjunction with the matching AG conditioner, this makes my fine, thin, straight, damaged, virgin, medium-long hair ultra-silky and manageable, if not exactly volumized. If I use the two, I can count on a pretty darn good hair day. (Not to pimp the conditioner, but it is REALLY good for heavy-duty detangling--however with this shampoo, the 'dish truly shines.)
As for lingering scent and moisture-you do get some of each, and skin is left silky rather than dry/tight. I do think the scent lasts, albeit subtly, in the hair, and even lasts a bit on the body (and towels, etc.) But I do recommend layering with at least the Emulsion if you want all-day fragrance and superior hydration.
Anyway, if you've never tried anything Philosophy or Amazing Grace, I'd recommend starting with the AG shower gel or AG emulsion, as they give you a little bit of skincare, haircare and fragrance. The downside with the gel is that you're taking a gamble--some bottles really are barely scented. But it's worth it to get a great one.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2008 2:58:00 AM More reviews by one_life_lover

I cannot tell you how much I love this shower gel. The smell is so amazing & light. It leaves a slight scent on you skin that lingers throughout the day, but you only catch it every now & then. I love the surprise pops of scent & the comments that I receive on it. Who doesn't love people telling them that they smell so good? Even the bank teller noticed.....awkward. LOL! I have already gone through one bottle & will be buying another soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2008 8:23:00 PM More reviews by natsthename

Even though this doesn't lather to my satisfaction, especially in the hair, I give it a 5 on the scent and the softness of my hair and skin after I use it. I've been using body wash products since the 80's, but they've always dried my skin out so badly that I only use it on my upper body. I use this Amazing Grace 3-in-1, even on my ultra-dry legs, without any tightness or flaking afterwards. The scent is so soft, gentle, and pleasing that I want to shower twice a day. It's a splurge, though, which puts me in a quandry. New shoes and bags, or Amazing Grace?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Ollie0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't use this for my hair or as a shower gel, I find that I like it more for a soak in the tub. It produces nice bubbles and the heat from the tub along with AGrace, really moisturizes my skin. The smell is clean and beautiful. A nice treat after a stressful day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2008 2:46:00 AM More reviews by kexin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of Amazing Grace BSS, and after using it, I immediately ordered the largest bottle I could from Sephora. The smell of this is so good. I actually look forward to getting up in the morning, so that I can shower with this amazing product. I have used it as a shampoo as well. It doesn't strip my hair, but I will continue to use my Redken shampoo all the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by hatsumi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG. This smells amazing, exactly like the perfume. I use this when I've had a rough day. The scent is very soothing and almost therapeutic. Also, this one has better lasting power than the popular 'Cinnamon Buns'. I can still smell this on me even after I've stepped out of the shower. I don't use this as a shampoo/conditioner because I feel that all of Philosophy's 3-in-1 products aren't really meant for that purpose, which is why I solely use their 3-in-1 products as shower gels. I will continue to repurchase this again and again though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2007 9:52:00 AM More reviews by WenchMartha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love, love, love. In fact, I've snagged two bottles of the 32 oz version I love it that much. My whole family uses it (even DH, though he probably wouldn't admit to anyone but me). I use it every day and of course, in conjunction with both the body lotion and spray fragrance.

As a shampoo, it's rather "meh". I've used it a few times but not enough to strip color from my hair. The scent it leaves on one's hair, like one's body, is not overpowering or lingering. This stuff is NOT going to scent you for the day. What it will do is give you tons of lather, clean your skin without excessive drying, and give you a clean, floral-scented experience while doing so.

I continue to keep it on hand as a HG shower gel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 1:53:00 AM More reviews by DDmonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have never used this on my skin.

When I ran out of shampoo the other day, I had 4 large sample packets and decided to use it on my hair! I was scared it would strip it and ruin it, but to my surprise and shock, it works great and I really enjoy the smell! My son even commented on how good I smelled :-) He's a sweet heart.

As an occasional shampoo I love it, works better than a lot of salon quality shampoos specifically geared for colortreated/bleached hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2007 3:11:00 PM More reviews by culebra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great bath and shower gel. It smells great on your skin. I make the scent last longer by putting Amazing Grace body emulsion after my bath on my skin. People always remarks on my lovely scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2007 2:00:00 PM More reviews by vcanady

ok...so I used this for the first time this morning and I was sitting here thinking...what smells so good?! I can actually still smell this stuff on my skin which is amazing considering that I even put on bath and body works pumpkin pie lotion over it when I got out of the shower. A fragrance that lasts on my skin, but especially a shower gel! I am so thrilled I just ordered the 32 oz. amazing grace body lotion from qvc!

EDIT: OK so yesterday I used it and then put sunless tanner over it, and I could STILL smell it!! Even into the night! And the scent is soooo incredible, I like crave this scent it is soo soothing. If you like AG this is a no brainer, its truly AMAZING!