July 28, 2014 | 1613 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by NyreeA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this top coat in conjunction with the OPI Natural Nail Base Coat. When I use these two together - my manicures last anywhere between 5-9 days. It gives a shiny result as well. I rarely get full on chipping with this top coat - typically the polish wears away on the edge - which I don't mind. Chunky chipping is what I don't like and I feel like the OPI Top Coat doesn't chip. Would gladly repurchase - and I have!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by homerjmo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this because Ulta was having a sale on a base/top coat combo package for $8. I usually use Seche Vite and should have stuck with it. I put on a base coat, 2 coats of polish and the top coat and hours later it had still not dried. Compared to how quickly Seche Vite dries, this one takes forever! Wish I could return it, but I didn't keep the receipt. I guess I'll be redoing the mani/pedi tomorrow due to the dents and bubbling.

I was so surprised at the poor quality of these since I'm such a big fan of the OPI polishes!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by nycpari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I LOVE this topcoat because it keeps that glossy look even a few days after you first apply it (given you haven't had a lot of exposure to hot water). It doesn't chip that easy either. I'll always repurchase this until I find something better!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by STACEYFFF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Not good. At All.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Smoogrish

I love OPI polishes, but their top coat doesn't do it for me. I've gone through two bottles of the OPI top coat, and I've had the same problem with both - it gets thicker as you go through the bottle, leading to the dreaded strings that follow your brush as you pull it out of the bottle, as well as bubbling (ick!). They also take quite a while to dry completely (even after doing my nails a few hours before bed I wake up with sheet marks), but that's not much of a problem since I've discovered the miracle of drying drops. I love that they make my nails super shiny, but having to throw the bottle out after I've used half of it is a big no-no. I would definitely recommend Seche Vite's top coat over this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by itshillary

i love all OPI products, i feel like you get what you pay for. this top coat is no different. i love it. i haven't found anything wrong with it other than the fact it does get quite thick about half way through the bottle. that's the only reason i didn't give it 5 stars. half way through the bottle it's harder to work with, but the last quarter of the bottle you might as well throw away if you don't thin it. i'd rather jus throw it away and buy a new one before i went through the trouble of thinning it when i'd already gotten my moneys worth by the end of the bottle. i bought a new bottle today at ulta and it was 8.50. not bad. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by SteamyCouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

My god, I have a love hate relationship with this top coat. It gives me an amazing shine and it sports a OPI brand. However, I feel like it wears off easily. Whenever I paint my nails, which is rather often, I always get air bubbles and I use a variety of brands. I truely believe its because of this because its the only consistant thing I use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by forcedorgasm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is the best top coat i've used. works perfect with OPI polishes and gives durability to ChG, that would other wise chip within a day. applies great and dries in a decent amount of time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Not a huge fan of this. While it did make my manicure last for at least a week (paired with a base coat) and is super shiny - it has a lot of cons. Just like the other reviewers find - its very thick and takes a very long time to dry. I have to put aside at least 3 hours for an at home manicure before I do anything with my hands...especially going to bed. There's no way to apply this product thin...its just a thick consistency and it worsens over time. I've had mine for less than a year and its extremely goopy and gone down so far that the brush doesn't even reach the product but there's still a little under 3/4 of a bottle left. I also find it bubbles up my nail polish and its super expensive where I get my OPI products.

I just purchased Seche Vite Top Coat and I am in love. Its my HG top coat and I won't be purchasing any other product except that; therefore, I will not be repurchasing this product. I love OPI products but I am not a fan of this at all! Don't waste your money...get the Seche Vite if you have it available in your area (Sally's Beauty Supply carries it I believe...thats where I got mine!)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Tamsins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first got this top coat I loved it. It went on easily and made my polish last really well, particularly OPI and Essie. It does dry slowly so if you're not patient you will need a fast drying top coat as well. However, I found when I got to about a third of the way through the bottle it went really thick and goopy and I couldn't thin it out so I had to bin it. Not great as OPI is expensive here in the UK!