Clinique Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent

3.2

Water, peg-32, butylene glycol, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, peg-6, trisodium edta, phenoxyethanol

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This product is awesome! it removes all my makeup, no stinging and it doesnt leave black circles! I always used lancome eye makeup remover, much more expensive and not half the quality! This is a great product!

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'm not understanding the hate here...

As a non-waterproof eye-makeup remover, it's great. Soak a pad, rest it on my eyelid for a few seconds, and then wipe. Repeat for the lashes. It leaves no residue, doesn't sting whatsoever, and gets the job done. I'll readily admit you'll want something stronger (read: oilier) for the waterproof stuff, but for day-to-day make-up, it's wonderful.

But what's really special about this solvent is the fact that it's GREAT for touch-ups. Mess up your liquid liner? Mascara rub off on your lid? Fallout just under your eyes? Q-tip + this stuff = problem solved. Won't muss the rest of your hard work and because there's no residue, the skin is set for reapplication. That alone justifies the purchase as I'm always playing with new (and thus unpredictable) stuff.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Horrible product. I just used this tonight, swiped my eyes with a soaked cotton ball, then used another (dry one) to take it all off. It removed 1/2 my makeup, then when I "rinsed-off" I had complete raccoon eyes from the left overs..I don't even use waterproof mascara. It also stings irritates when it gets into your eyes. Rimmels super cheap remover works better than this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been using the Clinique eye makeup remover in the blue bottle for 10+ years. I am surprised to see some reviews where users complain that this product stings their eyes. I have super sensitive eyes and I can only point out that for me, this is the most gentle eye makeup remover I have ever used, no stinging whatsoever here. It does remove even Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliners and longwear cream eye shadows. I use round cotton pads which I soak with the remover, gently press on my eyes for a second and then softly wipe off my eye makeup. No residue, no burn, does the job really well. I have also tried Clinique's Take The Day Off in the purple bottle which works even faster but I am not a fan of "oily" removers (even if the bottle says "oil-free" they contain some kind of oily substance that will leave a residue on the eyes). Over the years I have seen the price of Clinique's remover steadily go up, it is now at $16.50 per bottle. Recently, I have been trying to find something similar in drugstores, but all I found are the biphasic "oily" types of removers, so until I find a more affordable dupe I will continue to repurchase.

I really like this cleanser, it works to remove most of my eye makeup. I often use long wear/waterproof makeup and it removes most of it. I really like the no oily residue aspect because often I want to reapply make up directly after cleansing. I am using a sample but I will definitely purchase when I run out.

I use Wet n Wild eyeliners (usually the creme liner in black), and almost all liners from this brand are known for their staying power. This removes just as much eye makeup as a plain cleanser would (which isn't much), stings really badly, and dries my eyes out. I have blood-shot eyes hours after using this. Not contact-lens-friendly.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This remover works decently for non-waterproof makeup and doesn't burn or sting my eyes. The formula doesn't leave an oily film like some other liquid removers I've tried, but overall it isn't exceptional.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I like this eye makeup remover. I bought this one instead of Take the Day Off because it was cheaper and I didn't have enough money for that one. It's true that I preffer the other one, but honestly Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent is quite good considering the price I've paid. I do not use waterproof makeup so I have no idea on how good/bad this works in removing it, but for my mascara this is very good and I do not have to rub my eyes to get rid of it.
Yes, I will buy this again even though I like better the other fluid version (Take the Day Off)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is not a great eye makeup remover at all! Doesn't remove waterproof mascara that well. Feels alot like water. not soothing and nice at all. And made my eyelids get rid and irritated. Not re-purchasing.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Definitely not very efficient at removing waterproof eye makeup. Just OK if you had only eyeshadow and nothing else. It wasn't oily at all but you do have to rinse off after using. Not my choice for eye makeup remover.