Clinique Superbalanced Foundation

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Isotetracosane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Coconut Acid, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Lecithin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Polyethylene, Alumina, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides Updated: 7/5/2013 New formulation

This is my HG foundation. It was a bit of a splurge at £23ish- before I discovered this I'd never normally spend more than £10 on a foundation but I borrowed Superbalanced from a friend and thought it was amazing. I use the shade Fair.
I'd say it was medium-full coverage. I use it because I have freckles which I really don't like and it gives my skin a really flawless appearance. Even though it gives good coverage, I don't feel like I'm wearing a foundation and it balances my combination skin really well. I feel much less oily in my T-zone with this.
I don't really like the packaging. It looks really nice and classy, but it isn't practical and it's always a pain to get the last bit of product out. It would be much better with a pump- I might see if I can find one that fits the bottle.
I'm on my 4th bottle of this foundation, and I use it everyday. On days when I want less coverage I wouldn't use it but it's a brilliant base for a full face of make up for the day or for flawless make up for a night out.

on 2/2/2013 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I ran out of my standard Mac makeup and was considering trying something else. To be honest I only tried Clinique because it was one of only 2 counters that was open at the department store I was in at the time. It turns out it was meant to be. I advised the assistant that i had very dry skin after my pregnancy and needed something that hydrated and gave coverage, but wasn't too heavy. This was the product she recommended. The assistant found my exact colour, vanilla, which seemed funny as I have olive skin. When she showed me the results in the mirror I was so shocked - it looked like I'd had a makeover! She then put some blush on and I was hooked. I wore on my first day back at work after maternity leave and had so many comments on my glowing skin that I attribute to this product. i used the Super City SPF40 as a primer and I think this gave the foundation an extra oomph. I would recommend this foundation to all.

on 1/30/2013 9:50:00 PM

i wear 28 light. great product, makes you look poreless!! last all day, light to med coverage. good price, and no fragrance which is perfect for sensitive skin and dosnt make you break out at all A+

I always used Clinique when I was about 19 for a few years after buying this whn the mua got me my color I tried it at home and hated it! She'd given me a color so orange I never purchased Clinique again.

I'm now going to be 29 all those years I've tried many many many foundations. Every mac. Every dior 3 Estée Lauder. Lancôme. Mufe many more including cheaper brands.
Yep I spent a lot!!! The most expensive was probably Jane iredale or mufe I paid £30 each

Anyhoo. For some reason and trying every brand in boots and house of Fraser I visited Clinique stand today. I was unsure on what I wanted but I knew I didn't want the super balanced again after last time.
After telling the mua what finish and skin type and coverage I was she tested a few on my hand to see the coverage and finish. She then reached for this! I thought how can I tell her no! Anyhow she matched my color. And tested it on me. I had no makeup on so I figure this is the best way to try a foundation

Guess what. I had a look and purchased it right away!!
Normally i um and ahh about a foundation when I've had it applied by one of the ladies if I purchased it and tried it in at home my way if find I hated it and it made me look orange.

I got home and tried this. I loved it!!!
For me and a foundation I like. A decent coverage but I have no acne or scarring my face does have a little redness and a have very faint freckles probably from the sunbeds. I wanted something to hide these things. But I don't want sheer an I don't want full. Full just looks cakey obvious I'm wearing makeup. Basically I want my face to be natural, covered but look as if I don't wear anything haha. I want that perfect airbrush magazine cover face! And this actually gave me it!!!

It was only 21.50! To me that's cheap considering what if normally pay.

It gave me coverage without that thickness ESP round my eyes. My foundation always dries there and looks cakey.
This gave me a even coverage. Left me dewy but semi matte. Like natural skin is. It covers good! But lets your skin show through while covering what you want to hide
It blended beautiful. Easiest to apply I've ever used!!!

I'd definately reccomend this to anyone just give stuff a second chance. I'm so glad I did. I think I may actually finish this bottle and purchase another!!

Last time I repurchased the same foundation was about 2 years ago so that's an idea of how many different foundations I've tried out and yes they are all still full stored away. :)

The only reason I hadn't given 5 stars is because I haven't seen its staying power. And the glass bottle can be annoying ESP with no pump. But for a decent foundation I don't care what container it comes in!

on 1/23/2013 5:11:00 AM

I had this awhile ago in the colour Petal which matched my skin tone almost perfectly at the time, it's great if you're looking for a liquid foundation with medium coverage. It definitely does not cover that well, and the formula is quite watery

on 1/22/2013 5:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a mediocre foundation. I like that it seems to melt into my skin without leaving a heavy or caked look. It blends like a dream and covers most imperfections. It does, however, become an oil-slick by mid-day. Also, as the day wears on, this foundation starts to settle into my skin and make my pores look huge. The finish is satiny and never tacky feeling. I will not be repurchasing this foundation because I feel like it's drug-store quality at a higher price. Not worth the money.

***Beware...you will want to definitely purchase a pump to go with this foundation. The hole at the top of the bottle is ridiculously small and it's near impossible to pour out.

on 1/17/2013 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Skin type: combo oily. minimal blemishes and slight redness on cheeks and around nose. light-medium
Shade: 34 nude beige and natural 2.5 in powder

This is a good everyday foundation for someone that does not need too much coverage. It states medium coverage and feels true to that. Very buildable. Gives a natural everyday look.

Alot of people complain about the packaging.
BUT, you can purchase a pump for 6 bucks at the counter or online

I was battling between this and the acne foundation. They both looked very nice and similar on the skin. But the acne one doesnt blend as well because of the formulation. You have to be quick and I dont like being rushed when applying. Superbalanced goes on so smooth and you actually use less than you think you would need. It covers my slight redness on my cheeks really well and does not look flaky on my skin at all when building the coverage. It actually looks just as great in the evening as it did shortly after applying in the morning :) I apply with a regular foundation brush or a stipple brush and on occasion a foundation sponge. I set it with superbalanced powder and it gives a natural matte finish to my skin.

on 12/27/2012 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am pretty impressed with this foundation. Because my skin is oily, liquid foundation was never the best thing for me. Anyway, I decided to give this a shot and it worked really well. I like to go for the natural look and this really evens out my skin tone. Unlike many foundations, it doesn't make my face all shiny and oily after a few hours of wearing. I will have to dab with oil blotting sheets after 4 or 5 hours but it works for me.

The one I bought, Linen tone, was a little too dark for my skin. I didnt really want to send $28 to waste so i mixed a small amount with a little bit of my concealer, Maybelline's 24 Hour Super Stay, and VOILA it turned out perfect.

I don't use primer just because I'm living off a paycheck of a student so I decided why not use something that won't need a primer? the less products, the cheaper.

Anyway, biggest con for me, besides MY horrible choice of shade, is the packaging. it takes too much effort from my early mornings to have to tilt the cute little bottle and wait for a decent amount of foundation to come out without over pouring.

on 12/24/2012 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this hoping to get a good quality foundation to wear for my 13 hour shifts at work. The first problem I had when I got home was the "professional makeup artist" picked and sold me a shade about 2 shades too dark, insisting she knew best and that it would be best for me. It's the colour of my skin in the dead of summer.

The second problem I had was it didn't cover much. It didn't cover any of the faint redness in my cheeks, or any acne. And it's not the sort you can layer on to get more coverage out of. I ended up needing to use WAY more concealer than I would have if I used Revlon Colorstay or even Bare Escentuals Matte.

It lasted okay, I did wear it for about 14 hours and it didn't look horrible by the end, but still not as good as other foundations I've tried.

One of the bonuses of this foundation is it feels incredible to apply, and feels soft and barely-there on the skin. I was able to blend it out well but needed to apply foundation to my neck and chest to get my skin to match. And it does what it says, for the most part - my skin stayed hydrated and healthy and full, while the oily parts stayed relatively satin-finished (and didn't really get shiny until the very end - blotting once and I was fine).

Not sure if I'll repurchase this. It'll work well for my skin this summer when I am darker and don't need as much coverage (my natural tan covers redness and helps diminish the look of acne spots), but right now it just isn't working for me at all.

The worst part about it is I can't return this stuff from where I got it from. It makes me too scared to try any other Clinique foundations.

on 12/7/2012 6:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I like this foundation because it sinks in well into my skin. I have some acne and also dry skin and this foundation works for both types! Sometimes when my skin was really dry it could look a little bit messy but most time it was great. Medium coverage so you would need a concealer to cover up blemish and stuff. The foundation lasts really long, which I didn't think it would do because of the package. I used a sponge to apply it but I think it would work with a brush as well. Definitely recommends it!