Clinique Superbalanced Foundation

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Isotetracosane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Coconut Acid, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Lecithin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Polyethylene, Alumina, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides Updated: 7/5/2013 New formulation

on 1/22/2013 5:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a mediocre foundation. I like that it seems to melt into my skin without leaving a heavy or caked look. It blends like a dream and covers most imperfections. It does, however, become an oil-slick by mid-day. Also, as the day wears on, this foundation starts to settle into my skin and make my pores look huge. The finish is satiny and never tacky feeling. I will not be repurchasing this foundation because I feel like it's drug-store quality at a higher price. Not worth the money.

***Beware...you will want to definitely purchase a pump to go with this foundation. The hole at the top of the bottle is ridiculously small and it's near impossible to pour out.

on 1/17/2013 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Skin type: combo oily. minimal blemishes and slight redness on cheeks and around nose. light-medium
Shade: 34 nude beige and natural 2.5 in powder

This is a good everyday foundation for someone that does not need too much coverage. It states medium coverage and feels true to that. Very buildable. Gives a natural everyday look.

Alot of people complain about the packaging.
BUT, you can purchase a pump for 6 bucks at the counter or online

I was battling between this and the acne foundation. They both looked very nice and similar on the skin. But the acne one doesnt blend as well because of the formulation. You have to be quick and I dont like being rushed when applying. Superbalanced goes on so smooth and you actually use less than you think you would need. It covers my slight redness on my cheeks really well and does not look flaky on my skin at all when building the coverage. It actually looks just as great in the evening as it did shortly after applying in the morning :) I apply with a regular foundation brush or a stipple brush and on occasion a foundation sponge. I set it with superbalanced powder and it gives a natural matte finish to my skin.

on 12/27/2012 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am pretty impressed with this foundation. Because my skin is oily, liquid foundation was never the best thing for me. Anyway, I decided to give this a shot and it worked really well. I like to go for the natural look and this really evens out my skin tone. Unlike many foundations, it doesn't make my face all shiny and oily after a few hours of wearing. I will have to dab with oil blotting sheets after 4 or 5 hours but it works for me.

The one I bought, Linen tone, was a little too dark for my skin. I didnt really want to send $28 to waste so i mixed a small amount with a little bit of my concealer, Maybelline's 24 Hour Super Stay, and VOILA it turned out perfect.

I don't use primer just because I'm living off a paycheck of a student so I decided why not use something that won't need a primer? the less products, the cheaper.

Anyway, biggest con for me, besides MY horrible choice of shade, is the packaging. it takes too much effort from my early mornings to have to tilt the cute little bottle and wait for a decent amount of foundation to come out without over pouring.

on 12/24/2012 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this hoping to get a good quality foundation to wear for my 13 hour shifts at work. The first problem I had when I got home was the "professional makeup artist" picked and sold me a shade about 2 shades too dark, insisting she knew best and that it would be best for me. It's the colour of my skin in the dead of summer.

The second problem I had was it didn't cover much. It didn't cover any of the faint redness in my cheeks, or any acne. And it's not the sort you can layer on to get more coverage out of. I ended up needing to use WAY more concealer than I would have if I used Revlon Colorstay or even Bare Escentuals Matte.

It lasted okay, I did wear it for about 14 hours and it didn't look horrible by the end, but still not as good as other foundations I've tried.

One of the bonuses of this foundation is it feels incredible to apply, and feels soft and barely-there on the skin. I was able to blend it out well but needed to apply foundation to my neck and chest to get my skin to match. And it does what it says, for the most part - my skin stayed hydrated and healthy and full, while the oily parts stayed relatively satin-finished (and didn't really get shiny until the very end - blotting once and I was fine).

Not sure if I'll repurchase this. It'll work well for my skin this summer when I am darker and don't need as much coverage (my natural tan covers redness and helps diminish the look of acne spots), but right now it just isn't working for me at all.

The worst part about it is I can't return this stuff from where I got it from. It makes me too scared to try any other Clinique foundations.

on 12/7/2012 6:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I like this foundation because it sinks in well into my skin. I have some acne and also dry skin and this foundation works for both types! Sometimes when my skin was really dry it could look a little bit messy but most time it was great. Medium coverage so you would need a concealer to cover up blemish and stuff. The foundation lasts really long, which I didn't think it would do because of the package. I used a sponge to apply it but I think it would work with a brush as well. Definitely recommends it!

i think this is the best liquid foundation ever! it doesn't break me out and i love the coverage it gives me (medium coverage but i think you could build it up) and it looks very natural and pretty on the skin. it does seem as though there is very little product but it lasts a very long time. i do wish they could change the packaging and give it a pump so its easier to use. i will definitely will be repurchasing this product.

on 12/1/2012 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was sooo happy 3 days ago when I got this as a sample and discovered that I LOVED the finish!! It's really thin, yes, but oh this really evens out uneven skin with enlarged pores and scars.... No, It's not full cover, more light....but still I'd be ready to buy it.....

if not....

...it seems to break me out???!!! Now I have wore this on the nose and chins, that usually are quite acne-free areas on my face, for 3 days. Today I discovered new small red bumps on my nose, and a HUGE cyst starting to grow under the skin on one of my chins, beside the nose. I never, ever get such "under-the-skin-cysts" on this area, so I'm really, really surprised!!

Well, it could be stress, lack of sleep, something I've eaten.... But...It's strange.... I know that I can react to silicones in products, and yes...this contains LOADS of them.....

I don't know what to do now, I was on my way to buy this.... But now ill have to heal the cyst and the new pimples..... :(

I think ill have to search for a silicone-free foundation, and how common is that?? :(

Still, I have to say I loved the finish of this product....

I'm NW15/NC15, and tried this in Alabaster, nr 27. This shade is beautiful....but just a little more to pink than yellow...but really beautiful!!! :)

on 11/21/2012 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is the best liquid foundation ever (for me)!! I used this foundation in my graduation day, and I was amazed cuz it doesn't make my skin cakey until the end of the day. Since it's no SPF, my face looks great on photo (no whitecast). My skin is normal to oily (combination), and this foundation doesn't make my face looks matte, but a lil' bit dewy which I LOVE it!! Anyway, I become curious with another Clinique's product!

Ps: I used smashbox photo finish hydrating as a prime.

on 11/10/2012 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is one of the best foundations I have used in a long time. I have fairly good skin (the odd pimple every now and again and a few dry flakes on my nose) so most foundations look good on me. However, thats all... just good. Nothing that makes me stop and go WOW! This is the first foundation that has actually impressed me and made me want to look in the mirror over and over again. The texture is nice and creamy and its easy to blend. I apply it with the Clinique foundation brush and it goes on like a dream. The effect with a sponge is not as good (patchy). I also think this foundation looks better when applied to a well moisturised face. When I initially applied it following DDML it just didnt look as flawless or "healthy" as when I applied it following moisture surge intense (makes for a good primer). The coverage is medium but I think it is buildable to full coverage, but I do think if you have problem skin or more blemishes to cover you may need a concealer or a good primer/BB cream before applying this foundation. The staying power is great. It does fade ever so slightly after a few hours but I still looked "made up." Again, I have normal skin so the fade is not detrimental to me. Others may be unhappy if their blemishes became apparent after a few hours. On average I would say the staying power is about 6 hours plus, depending on what you are doing and weather conditions. I finished the look with the Super balance mineral powder which may have contributed to the staying power. I think the powder just adds to the overall flawless/finished look. The best thing about this foundation is that it feels like you are wearing no make up, it is not heavy and does not make my skin feel dry or tight. My husband is a huge fan of white tshirts so I am pleased to say that this foundation does not rub off! To be honest I do not know if oily skins will like this but the creamy/dewy texture coupled with a good moisturiser is perfect for normal to dry skins. I have never really needed a pimer but I can not wait to try this foundation with a good primer because I think the finish will be spectacular! Overall, this is a good foundation for everyday use or the occasional night out. I think if you are looking for more dramatics and super long staying power then this is not the right product. With that said I also think with the right 'tools' and added products, this foundation can become anything you want it to be so I will keep experimenting!

on 11/4/2012 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I quite like this foundation but I have Irish fair skin and the colour 27 alabaster is slightly too dark. It gives the lighter end of medium in terms of coverage and can melt off my oily skin even when primed under and powered over. Not sure I'd repurchase as for a high end foundation it didn't do much for me and the no pump glass bottle looks great but is an annoyance.