December 21, 2014 | 923 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Napoleon Perdis - Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2009 2:38:00 AM More reviews by amz410

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really love the way this primer feels on my skin. It's very light and moisturing but not oily - it makes my foundation (whether liquid, powder or mineral powder) look much smoother. It was pretty cheap, and easy to use. I took one lipstick off because I'm not sure if it actually helps my make-up last any longer, but in my experience, it certainly makes it look nicer and feel better.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by cadenceq

Like all Napoleon products, I HATE THIS.

You may as well rub cooking fat into your skin with the effect this gives.

It is a sticky, disgusting mess which doesn't settle well (I know primer is meant to sit on the skin surface not absorb, but you know what I mean, it should settle and dry onto the surface, this one doesn't). I put it on, put hot rollers into my hair (took ten minutes) and thought I should be able to put my make-up on while the rollers set.....Wrong. I waited, and waited, and finally took the rollers out (my hair was done BEFORE my make-up), and it was still sticky and tacky, which it shouldn't be because I model and my skin is always in top condition.

After 40 minutes (how long it takes my hair) I ended up rubbing this off (and I mean rubbing, because it's disgusting and pasty), and doing my make-up without a primer. I didn't even get to trial a day with it because it was so awful it had to come off. I could only imagine how it would go, and how bad it could be for someone with bad skin.

I relegated this to my little nieces play make-up collection (where all my bad trials and bad freebies go).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2009 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Fit

It made a difference to the amount of t-zone oil secretions for a few hours and it kept my makeup ok. Makeup artists recommend primers to mask pores and scars but I didn't get great results in that regard. I think it did help though. Overall I'm happy with the product but would not purchase this product with unrealistic expectations.

EDIT -- A caution to others to be careful with application in the creases of the nose and to make sure it's all removed during the cleansing process. After using this product the blackheads in the crease of my nose grew quite a lot. I didn't notice this until after I'd written the above review and figure I got a bit carried away with the application.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2009 1:05:00 PM More reviews by ElvisDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this from Sephora. I like the way it goes on and instantly sinks into the skin, but I don't feel that it makes my makeup last all day...maybe a few hours. It does go on nicely and like one of the other reviewers said, gives the skin a cooling sensation at first. I probably would not purchase this...thank goodness I had a sample and didn't go out and spend $$ on this. I prefer the Sephora primer or Smashbox primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by erinnyes

I tried this out looking for a nice primer that would minimize the appearance of pores and make my foundation go on smoother and last longer. The one good thing I can say about this product is that it feels really great when it's on my skin. It feels like a light moisturizer, and makes my skin really smooth.

The problem is, it doesn't seem to effect the application of foundation at all, and it did nothing to the appearance of my pores. True it feels nice on my skin, but why pay so much for this product when it essentially does the same thing as a moisturizer? Also, it has a very strong scent to it, which I found very obnoxious.

I have found that applying Almay Line Smoothing foundation does the same thing as wearing another foundation with this primer. Almay does hide my pores and hydrate my skin. If only it went on a little bit smoother! I guess I'm back to shopping for another good primer to wear with it. I'm not even sure I'll bother finishing this primer I have, which is a shame since it was expensive...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by MissWenWen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is amazing! It has a very nice scent to it and when applied, it gives a nice cooling feel. It leaves my skin baby soft and allows my foundation to go on even and it last longer. The primer is expensive, in my opinion, but a tiny amount will cover your face.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2008 7:56:00 AM More reviews by pp4187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i heard all the hype about this product, so i decided to buy it only to be completely disapointed.
i dont think its the products fault, but this product did not work for my skin whatever reason that was.
if anyone has suggestions as to what i should buy, please let me know
xx.pete

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2008 1:36:00 AM More reviews by ANSTAH

I LOVE this primer. It goes on so smooth like moisturizer and it has a nice scent to it. I only buy this primer when it's Napoleon Perdis' buy one get one free. So, I stock up when i can. Great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by carlz33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a good foundation primer. Creates an even base to work on and smoothes the skin. My make-up lasts just that bit longer. However, I would not buy this product again because I think for the price it should do a lot more!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by pailbluesea

I was on a primer kick a couple of months ago, and out of the bunch I tried, my skin loves this stuff the most. With MAC and Smashbox in particular it feels strange rubbing the goop into your face; it feels so fake and bad for your skin. This settles right in, smells gorgeous and just feels good on your skin, like it's good for your skin. Makeup sits really well and lasts for ages (a good five hours of clubbing later, my makeup was still sitting pretty). Yay!