Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer

3.2

Water (Aqua), Isopropyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium Edta.

This product did pretty much nothing for the wear of my foundation. I've given it two lippies only for the smooth application and consistency and the smell. I think it's good as a moisturiser as your skin feels smooth and fresh, but doesn't live up to being a foundation primer. My makeup just melts off when using this. In terms of packaging quality, it's a screw top, but the product is so light and wet it will sometimes leak onto the top. Bleh...

on 4/25/2009 5:18:00 AM

This product really disappointed me. I'm usually a really big fan of Napoleon Perdis makeup and everything else is great except for their primer. Apparently it's their most popular product but it really failed me. I've used the ModelCo facebase primer before and loved it but hearing good things about this primer i decided to try it out. The difference between this primer and the ModelCo one is the consistency. The ModelCo one is more of a gel and contains Dimenthicone which is in all the best selling primers (Smashbox, its also the active ingredient in Monistat chaffing relief gel which is apparently an amazing primer). But when I went to apply the Napoleon primer it was a real runny formula. It didn't feel like it did anything for my skin, makeup wise. It felt worse than applying my regular moisturizer! Because I feel this is just what this is, a really expensive moisturizer. I paid $47.50 for it which cost me more than my foundation!! And as soon as I began applying my foundation it was as if it was just coming off and I applied it with a foundation brush. Usually my foundation does a really good job coverage wise but this is supposed to make it even better but I thought it made it worse. However I did give it 3 lippies because at the end of the day my foundation looked good (maybe it was the lighting because it looked better than in the morning when i applied!!) and it smells really nice. But i will not be repurchasing, i think i'll stick with my modelco primer. Disappointed with Napoleon.

on 4/17/2009 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really love the way this primer feels on my skin. It's very light and moisturing but not oily - it makes my foundation (whether liquid, powder or mineral powder) look much smoother. It was pretty cheap, and easy to use. I took one lipstick off because I'm not sure if it actually helps my make-up last any longer, but in my experience, it certainly makes it look nicer and feel better.

on 4/12/2009 11:25:00 PM

Like all Napoleon products, I HATE THIS.

You may as well rub cooking fat into your skin with the effect this gives.

It is a sticky, disgusting mess which doesn't settle well (I know primer is meant to sit on the skin surface not absorb, but you know what I mean, it should settle and dry onto the surface, this one doesn't). I put it on, put hot rollers into my hair (took ten minutes) and thought I should be able to put my make-up on while the rollers set.....Wrong. I waited, and waited, and finally took the rollers out (my hair was done BEFORE my make-up), and it was still sticky and tacky, which it shouldn't be because I model and my skin is always in top condition.

After 40 minutes (how long it takes my hair) I ended up rubbing this off (and I mean rubbing, because it's disgusting and pasty), and doing my make-up without a primer. I didn't even get to trial a day with it because it was so awful it had to come off. I could only imagine how it would go, and how bad it could be for someone with bad skin.

I relegated this to my little nieces play make-up collection (where all my bad trials and bad freebies go).

on 4/5/2009 6:28:00 AM

It made a difference to the amount of t-zone oil secretions for a few hours and it kept my makeup ok. Makeup artists recommend primers to mask pores and scars but I didn't get great results in that regard. I think it did help though. Overall I'm happy with the product but would not purchase this product with unrealistic expectations.

EDIT -- A caution to others to be careful with application in the creases of the nose and to make sure it's all removed during the cleansing process. After using this product the blackheads in the crease of my nose grew quite a lot. I didn't notice this until after I'd written the above review and figure I got a bit carried away with the application.

on 2/16/2009 1:05:00 PM

I got a sample of this from Sephora. I like the way it goes on and instantly sinks into the skin, but I don't feel that it makes my makeup last all day...maybe a few hours. It does go on nicely and like one of the other reviewers said, gives the skin a cooling sensation at first. I probably would not purchase this...thank goodness I had a sample and didn't go out and spend $$ on this. I prefer the Sephora primer or Smashbox primer.

on 2/15/2009 12:15:00 PM

I tried this out looking for a nice primer that would minimize the appearance of pores and make my foundation go on smoother and last longer. The one good thing I can say about this product is that it feels really great when it's on my skin. It feels like a light moisturizer, and makes my skin really smooth.

The problem is, it doesn't seem to effect the application of foundation at all, and it did nothing to the appearance of my pores. True it feels nice on my skin, but why pay so much for this product when it essentially does the same thing as a moisturizer? Also, it has a very strong scent to it, which I found very obnoxious.

I have found that applying Almay Line Smoothing foundation does the same thing as wearing another foundation with this primer. Almay does hide my pores and hydrate my skin. If only it went on a little bit smoother! I guess I'm back to shopping for another good primer to wear with it. I'm not even sure I'll bother finishing this primer I have, which is a shame since it was expensive...

on 1/13/2009 10:06:00 AM

This primer is amazing! It has a very nice scent to it and when applied, it gives a nice cooling feel. It leaves my skin baby soft and allows my foundation to go on even and it last longer. The primer is expensive, in my opinion, but a tiny amount will cover your face.

on 12/11/2008 7:56:00 AM

i heard all the hype about this product, so i decided to buy it only to be completely disapointed.
i dont think its the products fault, but this product did not work for my skin whatever reason that was.
if anyone has suggestions as to what i should buy, please let me know
xx.pete

on 12/8/2008 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this primer. It goes on so smooth like moisturizer and it has a nice scent to it. I only buy this primer when it's Napoleon Perdis' buy one get one free. So, I stock up when i can. Great product.