November 25, 2014 | 1827 users online

Eyeliner - Laura Mercier - Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Black Ebony

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2006 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Goldenstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is such a great product (& fun to use!) I also use a flat liner brush, & BARELY wet it with water before dabbing into the liner. If the brush is too wet, the results won't be good (just takes a tiny bit of practice- nothing to worry about). I apply mine to the underside of my top lashes after mascara for plush-looking eyes. Stays put, doesn't smudge, & is the perfect, rich black color. I will repurchase, but this is going to last a LONG time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2006 7:16:00 AM More reviews by thesavagefamily

After all the rave reviews, I had to try this one! I have never used a cake liner before, so I was worried it would take a while to get the hang of it. I also bought the LM Flat brush to go with the liner. I just wet the brush and swirl it in the pan then apply gently pressing into my lids. I like to smudge it with my finers while it is drying for a softer look, or press it into the upper rim for a more full lash line. I also bought the Emerald color and its great with my blue/green eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2006 1:05:00 AM More reviews by pugtales

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My absolute favorite eyeliner ever.A true black,stays put,lasts forever.This is part of my daily basics,love it for tightlining or for a thick line,easy to use with that awesome LM flat tip liner brush.Does not irritate my eyes either,price is great,cause this stuff lasts forever as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2006 8:19:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this cake eyeliner. I actually was taught by the MA to use it to paint lashes top and bottom after you apply mascara- makes them really black and almost glossy looking. Gives a very polished and finished look. Has not run on me or smudged or flaked, instead it seems to lend staying power to the mascara and rid it of any clumps from base to tip.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2006 5:25:00 PM More reviews by hobereaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's my first try at a non-pencil form eyeliner, and I absolutely love it! I've used all brands of pencil eyeliners, but I think I'll never go back, EVER! It actually doesn't really take too much time to apply IMO, at least much easier than I had expected, and I look like I was born with bigger eyes. I am not sure black would work for other eye colors, but for my AAB dark brown eyes and black eyelashes, it's awesome. The first week I started using this, I actually wake up every morning excited at the thought of "having naturally large eyes". However, it does smudge a bit at the end of the day, probably after about 6 hours or so, so I usually apply a bit more powder under my eyes to prevent that. The texture is very very fine, as can be expected from LM. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2006 10:09:00 PM More reviews by catwoman1275

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE this eyeliner. I have been using this for 4 years and I wouldn't use anything else. It is expensive but lasts a long time and stays put. I also bought the flat eyeliner brush and I loved the way the saleswoman applied it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2006 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Brittany6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best eyeliner!! It really brings your eyes out and once you get it on, it won't smudge at all. You have to buy the LM flat brush to go with it, which is quite pricey but worth it. The downside, it takes a fair bit of practice to learn how to apply this properly and it can be frustrating. Also, since it stays on so well it can be difficult to get off so you need a good eye makeup remover. Despite the negatives, it is still the best eyeliner I have used and I will continue to use it. I have never had so many compliments on my eye make-up since I started using this product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2006 3:31:00 PM More reviews by pussycat74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The makeup artist showed me how to line the inside of my upper lid with this, and it really brought out the almond shape of my eyes - not always obvious as my peepers are very deep-set and almost hooded. I love eye makeup but as you can't really see my eyelids (apparently also a problem for Asian women) I never really know where to put it so it shows. This method of application seems to be the answer! I nearly didn't buy the liner as I couldn't believe I'd be able to do it myself, but with the right brush (LM eyeliner) I can just about do it, although I almost always manage to get it in my eye, which is a bit of a problem as I wear lenses. But I'm persevering, and getting better. Tempted to invest in either the aubergine or green versions, thought they might be good for my hazel eyes...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2006 12:58:00 PM More reviews by blyss

I have been using this liner for close to 2 years now and it still remains my one and only HG for eye liners. Though there are a few good ones out there (BB and MAC gel), I find this to be much better for it's staying power. I have oily skin and because of that, a lot of other gel or kohl liners just make me look like a racoon. This LASTS and LASTs. No smudging or budging. Another great thing is that it can look like a liquid liner.
I use a drop of Visine and a flat or angled brush. I swish it around and apply it onto my lash line for a gloriously glam look. I have a look of full lashes without mascara. Considering it's been 2 years and going with one liner, this is ridicously affordable. You may pay $20++ but it lasts you for years. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2006 11:07:00 AM More reviews by melon529

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG there is a reason why this got so many good reviews. what can i say other than i will never EVER use another black eyeliner again although i do like to use my fave Cheanel Aqua Crayon in black as well. But this one rocks!!! It stays put and everyone has said my eyes are so beautiful and they can't tell why....it makes my eyes bigger and brighter!!!!!!!!