Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Black Ebony

4.3

on 6/15/2006 7:37:00 PM

Another true HG!!!!A beautiful true black cake liner.I use it with my LM flat brush to push the product into the under part of my top lashes.Creates an amazing result.

on 6/15/2006 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this product. I find that it give more of a natural look. Putting it under the top lashes really makes your lashes look like you fake ones on. Great for people who love the natural look and who have trouble putting on traditonal eyeliner. This product is mistake proof. Tip: Try not to blink right after application cause it needs to dry for about 10 seconds. Otherwise you might run into a little mess.

on 6/11/2006 9:47:00 PM

LM has some great products. I love her Mahogany Brown cake liner but wanted to try something with a little more "omph" to give me that European look a la Sophia Loren circa 1966 (Unfortunately, I don't resemble Ms. Loren at all). This liner is perfect as it's not too dark and stays for most of the day on my uber oily eyelids (With help from UDPP).

on 6/1/2006 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is such a great product (& fun to use!) I also use a flat liner brush, & BARELY wet it with water before dabbing into the liner. If the brush is too wet, the results won't be good (just takes a tiny bit of practice- nothing to worry about). I apply mine to the underside of my top lashes after mascara for plush-looking eyes. Stays put, doesn't smudge, & is the perfect, rich black color. I will repurchase, but this is going to last a LONG time!

After all the rave reviews, I had to try this one! I have never used a cake liner before, so I was worried it would take a while to get the hang of it. I also bought the LM Flat brush to go with the liner. I just wet the brush and swirl it in the pan then apply gently pressing into my lids. I like to smudge it with my finers while it is drying for a softer look, or press it into the upper rim for a more full lash line. I also bought the Emerald color and its great with my blue/green eyes.

on 5/6/2006 1:05:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

My absolute favorite eyeliner ever.A true black,stays put,lasts forever.This is part of my daily basics,love it for tightlining or for a thick line,easy to use with that awesome LM flat tip liner brush.Does not irritate my eyes either,price is great,cause this stuff lasts forever as well.

on 4/10/2006 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this cake eyeliner. I actually was taught by the MA to use it to paint lashes top and bottom after you apply mascara- makes them really black and almost glossy looking. Gives a very polished and finished look. Has not run on me or smudged or flaked, instead it seems to lend staying power to the mascara and rid it of any clumps from base to tip.

on 4/7/2006 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It's my first try at a non-pencil form eyeliner, and I absolutely love it! I've used all brands of pencil eyeliners, but I think I'll never go back, EVER! It actually doesn't really take too much time to apply IMO, at least much easier than I had expected, and I look like I was born with bigger eyes. I am not sure black would work for other eye colors, but for my AAB dark brown eyes and black eyelashes, it's awesome. The first week I started using this, I actually wake up every morning excited at the thought of "having naturally large eyes". However, it does smudge a bit at the end of the day, probably after about 6 hours or so, so I usually apply a bit more powder under my eyes to prevent that. The texture is very very fine, as can be expected from LM. Great product!

on 3/31/2006 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this eyeliner. I have been using this for 4 years and I wouldn't use anything else. It is expensive but lasts a long time and stays put. I also bought the flat eyeliner brush and I loved the way the saleswoman applied it.

on 2/22/2006 12:38:00 PM

This is the best eyeliner!! It really brings your eyes out and once you get it on, it won't smudge at all. You have to buy the LM flat brush to go with it, which is quite pricey but worth it. The downside, it takes a fair bit of practice to learn how to apply this properly and it can be frustrating. Also, since it stays on so well it can be difficult to get off so you need a good eye makeup remover. Despite the negatives, it is still the best eyeliner I have used and I will continue to use it. I have never had so many compliments on my eye make-up since I started using this product!!