September 18, 2014 | 1980 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by LoveMakeUpEver2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

NC25/C3, I have used this in Light, Medium, Medium-Dark.
I think color wise, Medium-Dark suits me the most, but its virtually translucent.
I have super oily skin and I have to say this is my staple. It isn't my HG or anything, but it is staple that I have to have everyday. I've used loose blot in Light, Pressed Blots in Light, Medium, and Medium/Dark, but seriously all of them are just transparent on my NC25/C3, EDM Winged Butter/Butter Tan skintone. I will be ordering 4 more Medium Blot tomoro for FF sale :) I use blot powder w/ MAC leatherette puff (the one that comes with MAC Sheer pressed powder, but you can buy it separately $6.00 for pack of 2. MAC site say it's non-washable, but it is and it last for whole pressed blot until you see the pan)
I like to use blot powder instead of using blotting paper, just gives powdery-matte look without actually feeling dry. If you prefer non-powdery, dewy look, this powder isn't for you.

I ordered 2 light and 2 medium color for FF. Even though it appears translucent on me, why not have 2 options when I wear it :D

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by dopista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Matches my NC 42 skin tone perfectly. I use a 182 buffer brush to buff this mainly on my nose and chin since they get pretty oily especially during night outs. I find this works very well for my skin and I don't need to use blotting paper at all when using this. However, I tend to avoid using this unless there are lots of pictures going to be taken since I feel this clogs my pores. I always make sure to cleanse my skin well after wearing this just in case! I would not repurchase as I use only very little product and will not run out for a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great powder that stays true to my color and doesn't make me look pale or too dark or cakey. I apply this with a large brush rather than the little pad it comes with unless I'm doing a touch up, then I dab it on. It does control my shine very well so that late in the day it actually just looks like I have a nice healthy glow rather than oil on my face. Sometimes I set this with MAC Fix + after brushing it on and it looks wonderful like that too. I have heard people say that MAC clogs their pores but I haven't found that to be true.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by marlavm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I keep trying different pressed oil-control powders but always come back to Blot. I'm NC30-35 and use the Med-Dark. It's performance just can't be beat. For loose powder I like MUFE Super Mat #14 or Ben Nye Banana. I NEVER use the enclosed puff -- it's a bacteria magnet and a sure way to break out. I have a tiny BE kabuki that I carry in my bag and use instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by maddsox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

My HG blot powder. This product does exactly what it is supposed to do... it soaks up excess oils on my face. I'm NW25 and have tried other blot powders that left my face white/cakey/icky. This does not leave me white/cakey at all.

It has to be noted that this isn't really meant to prevent getting the oilies. However, it does a fantastic job of helping control the shine on my face if it gets out of hand.

How I use it:
*Use a blot paper such as Boscia Green Tea ones
*Use puff to roll blot powder onto face
*Use 187 to buff away excess powder

I have to reapply the blot powder a couple of times a day depending on the foundation I use. Most days I use MUFE HD #118 or Chanel Mat Lumiere.

I will continue to repurchase this because I haven't found anything else out there that works as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Kandiefashion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

simply does what its supposed too ...all you need in the hot summer days! it last a long time ...so i recomend getting a refil of the sponge ....

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by roxy069

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a nice blotting powder that helps control oil throughout the day. It can get cakey if you put too much on, but other than that, it makes your skin look fresh and matte. The packaging is nice for throwing into a purse. This was the first thing I purchased from MAC, and I like the silky application and the oil control. The color match doesn't have to be perfect because the powder is so sheer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Bradiette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Although I have used this powder for the last decade [on top of studio fix powder], I don't love it, it's just the best I've found, and better than wasting money trying a bunch of others that are terrible. I have really oily skin and although this powder does a fin just blotting, I don't feel like it does anything to prevent future blotting.

What I like: it doesn't pile up on the skin or cause other makeup to look cakey; it's as good as translucent even though it not called translucent anymore; I can use it 10 times a day; does a good job blotting oil and moisture

What I don't like: I probably do have to use it 10 times a day; I break the powder all the time or when it gets low and you can see the bottom it breaks on its own; doesn't "control" oil; it can get ruined by oil/moisture on the powder puff

My biggest peeve is that the powder gets ruined by the puff, and using a brush for quick touch ups and blotting is not practical, for a powder like this where the puff is going to pick up oil and moisture, the puff should really be stored under the powder. When the powder gets moisture in it I scrape off the top layer and that helps sometimes. I have also tried to see if I can get the powder into a studio fix compact with no luck. I'd love a recommendation on a really good blot/oil control powder where the puff isn't stored on the powder if anyone has one...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by jennerss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this blot powder! If you have a night-out & want a quite fix up on your oily-ness. This product is what you should use. It gives you that matte finish to your look, so you look freshen up once again. It is ofcourse better if you use it with a separate brush, but I prefer the little puff that comes with it because it's just easier.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by beebop808

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for years and still absolutely love it. I use it to set my foundation and touch ups/blot through the day. It really helps to control the oil especially on that t-zone! Would purchase this forever and ever!