July 28, 2014 | 1321 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by MaggieBen

Wow, what a find. Oh the money I have spent on powder foundations. I still love my MAC Studio Fix and MSN or Careblend .... but this will be in my daily routine from now on. I apply with a damp Beauty Blender sponge and it looks in incredible and lasts longer than almost everything else. I wear the lightest color, Laurel Nude and I am NW20,... this is perfect... love love love. AND comes the closest of anything I have tried to keeping my tzone shine free and doesn't irritate my very sensitive skin.. Run, don't walk and get this ladies!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by OneImperfectAngel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an ok powder foundation. I have it in Cypress Beige. I took a lippie off because despite this being a pretty good powder foundation I think you're better off getting Maybelline's Dream Matte powder which is cheaper and has a smoother texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 4:29:00 AM More reviews by adreanac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Really like this product-I normally buy MAC studio fix powder foundation. I didn't want to go to the mall and decided to try this after reading reviews. I apply it wet with the E.L.F. wet & set misting spray on my kabuki brush. It works great! Has good coverage but looks natural, doesn't cake. I buy it @ sallys with my sallys card for about $8.00. Will definatly continue to buy instead of MAC!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Ladies DON'T BE FOOLED into thinking this is a DS item sold at Sally's/ulta for $10 because its really costing you $36---> WTH?!?! Its because this compact is ONLY = 0.28oz vs the average DS/HE foundation/powder that is almost ALWAYS =1.00 oz so to get the same amount ur essentially shelling out wayy more $$$.

For starters, I have normal to dry skin. I look to cover redness mainly, a zit or two & even out my complexion overall with foundations. I do not have acne/scars & still using this dry, gave me such sheer coverage as if I wore translucent powder only. Used wet, yes this covered everything & I was flawless for hrss!!!! Here comes the bad: CAKEY, even withoutt layering. I think the WET part of this foundation is meant for the sponge application to get ANY coverage, the DRY is what your left with--dry, cakey, powdery matte finish. So UN-natural & emphasized ALL my pores. Ofcourse all this was with me staring in the mirror; I checked indoors/outdoors, yellow/white lights, natural/car lights & yup same effects. A couple of feet away & dim lights could work but come on self satisfaction is important too! Why wear mu in the first place, if it isn't.

IF your still interested, for reference I'm NW20, Revlon CS-buff, Sally Hansen by Carmindy-Ecru Beige, L'oreal True Match W2, Maybelline Smooth Mousse-Creamy Natural, Maybelline Matte Mousse-Classic Ivory & matched Palladio-LAUREL NUDE which has pink undertones & is probably best for normal-oily skin IMO.

13 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by LaceyPorter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Good stuff with very buildable coverage!! This makeup offers good coverage without looking like a mask. The colors seem to blend nicely with your skin tone giving a soft natural look. Depending on how much you apply it can look a little powdery for about 1/2 hour before it melts into the skin. I have only used it wet and after a couple of hours i do need to powder but that is pretty typical of my skin. I love revlon colorstay makeup because it keeps me less oily but this is great too in that it looks more natural and is more versatile.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by theroseoncloud9

I really began to have doubts about this foundation when I applied it with the dampened sponge, the shade looked way too dark, but in about 5 minutes it miraculously matched my skin tone. I was looking for something to replace my Hello Flawless by Benefit, because its stupid expensive. This fit the bill, since I have oily skin and some dryness when I occasionally have a pimple or scar. Moisturize and prime before using this and you should get decent results. Coverage is pretty good, and you can build up the layers in areas. I used to use loreal liquid infallible and revlon colorstay, but I think the powder foundations look much more natural and dont melt. Find it at Ulta/ Sally for $10

UPDATE:: I also wanted to say that this passed the kissing test, my nose is usually the first place where it rubs off, but this stuff stayed on VERY well, the natural look is soooo much nicer than liquid foundations. I really dont know why I ever used anything but this! This is one of those products that anyone with oily skin SHOULD have. It really looks flawless like you arent wearing anything at all. BUY IT BUY IT you will not regret it if you are fed up with liquid foundation and have oily skin and need coverage

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow. Honestly, that's all I can say about this foundation. I'm NC/W15 (basically I can wear cool or warm shades). I have used this product wet and dry. I use the retractable kabuki brush from Ecotools to apply dry. I mainly wear it dry because my skin is good and this gives you a more sheer coverage. It lets my freckles shine through :) My skin looked as if it had been airbrushed and it stayed that way for hours. However, I did a makeover on my sister who has really bad, ruddy skin and used this wet with the sponge included. I have pics in my profile of her before and after. Seriously, check them out. Used wet, the coverage is medium-heavy but it doesn't look like she's wearing makeup. It's amazing. I have this in shade 400 Laurel Nude and it is a perfect match. This has replaced ALL of my other foundations, including Bobbi Brown Skin and the entire MAC line of foundations. There is nothing better. For $9.99, you can't go wrong. You can buy this at Sally's or ULTA. I don't know of any other stores that carry this brand.

I've heard others say they love the foundation but they had a hard time finding a good color match and that it could possibly oxidize on oily skin, so if you're oily, you may want to use a mattifying primer underneath. I use it over Weleda Skin Food and Neutrogena Healthy Defense Liquid Sunscreen. Thank God for Makeup Alley, otherwise I would've never found this gem. GET IT!!! :)

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by lorraineg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay, I recently wrote a review praising MAC Studio Tech. The only issue I had with it was that even though it initially felt smooth, it didn't leave my skin with that silky to the touch feel that powder foundations do. After a few hours, it would feel tacky. It never seemed to get to that "powder" stage of "cream to powder".

After reading raves here for Palladio, I picked some up at Sally's. I apply this damp and it works amazingly well. I'm 54 with skin that's on the dry side but not flakey dry. I load a kabuki type brush with the powder and then mist it with water (aquafina hydrating mist) then buff on. There's not enough water to make it streaky so this method works really well. I don't have much to cover aside from some age related discoloration and slight redness due to being dry but this really covers well.

Bare Escentuals and other powder foundations I've tried (BE, Merle Norman, Prescriptives to name a few) always end up looking dry on me. A huge plus was that I came home from the gym after dripping sweat and it was still on. I'm a NW20 in MAC in the winter. Right now with a tan Ivory Myrhh is a good match for me although I'm sure I'll have to go to Laurel Nude when my tan fades.

If you have this and haven't had luck using it "wet", try this method instead of the sponge and actually applying anything wet to the cake itself. It's a barely damp method I guess.... :o)

The MAC is going back...this is 1/3 the price and feels like silk to the touch.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by kateam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this powder foundation for almost a decade! And though I've bought MUFE, Lancome, and Armani powder foundations, I prefer Palladio. It's easy and fast to use with a wet or dry brush, puff, or sponge. Using a damp sponge takes a little longer, but to me it seems quicker than liquid foundation. You get different coverage depending on how you apply it and whether you use it dry, damp, or wet. My normal way is to apply it dry with a big brush, buff it with the brush, and then lightly spritz with water to give a non-powdery look. You can pat dry after the water spray, or just let it air dry.

I also use it lightly over liquid foundation, because it absorbs oil really well. My skin is combination with a very, very oily t-zone.

It doesn't come in many shades. My skin tone is closer-to-neutral NC20-25, and Laurel Nude (the lightest), is a good shade for me.

The compact is quite sturdy, but kind of clunky-looking. It has a separate, ventilated chamber for the sponge, so the sponge can dry between uses. This is the perfect makeup to use before going to the gym: it looks completely natural, and it fights shine.

I'm marking it down to 4 because of the narrow range of shades. But if they do have a shade for you, definitely try it if you want a reasonably priced powder or powder foundation. It's available at Sally's and also from the Palladio web site.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by KittyKatBlonde

I am 47 with dry to normal skin, some wrinkles and sun damage. I use a tinted moisterizer under this. I use it dry. It gives good coverage and doesn't settle into my wrinkles. It is easy to apply and lasts all day with no touch ups. I use the Cypress Beige and it works pretty well. I gave it one lippie off because the color selection could be better. I am fair to medium compected with pink undertones but the Cypress Beige works better than the Ivory Myrhh. I am liking this better than my Jane Iredale mineral powder. It is easy to apply and goes on smoothly. I add a bit of a bronzer and it gives me just enough color.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No