Merle Norman Luxiva Lasting Foundation

4.1

Titanium Dioxide (8%), Isododecane, Isohexadecane, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, Butylene/Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, Silica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Talc, Polyglyceryl-3 Disostearate, Polyethylene, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Triethoxycaprylsilane, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylene Brassylate, Benzyl Alcohol 011405

on 11/12/2008 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have bought many, many foundations from drugstore to high end over the years in search of the perfect foundation. This is a nice, long-lasting foundation. It is very long lasting so you have to wash your face very good at night. I have been having a problem with hormonal acne for about 1 1/2 years, and my skin seems to be clearing up (I guess the zinc oxide in it). I put this foundation on with a makeup brush because it makes it lasts much longer with great looking results. This may not be the best foundation for dry skin unless you moisturize very well. I use an eye cream under my eyes to keep that area moist cause this makeup will dry in small lines. My skin looks airbrushed--this is what I have been told. It cost me 33.00 which is high imo but it lasts a long time applying it with a brush.
My color is Cream. I tried Porcelain first but it was too pink for me. Cream is a good neutral.
Edit 12-1-08... I have changed back to MN Total Finish Compact in Ivory for the winter. The Lasting was too dry for my face for the winter months. It was settling in my lines under my eyes even with eye cream. May try again next summer.

on 10/23/2008 1:12:00 AM

Wow. This lived up to its name and so much more. I put this on at 3 in the afternoon and my skin still looked great at 1 am. The coverage is buildable even though the product itself is very lightweight. I used Ultra powder on top and this was like a miracle. I've only just started using Merle Norman but the more I try the more I love it. Def, repurchasing this one!!!

on 9/10/2008 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I went to a Merle Norman studio today and the associate did my face with this foundation. she used the ultra powder as well. It really did stay on ALL DAY! I didn't have oily break through, which is a miracle for me! However, the color was too light, even though she matched it to my jawline. It also made me look really made up. It also made my pores more visible...I was heartsick as it really does control oil! And, I have the oiliest skin in the world! None of my co workers thought the makeup looked as good as my usual foundation...BOO! I wanted it to work for me!

on 7/11/2008 12:23:00 PM

I used BE mineral foundation for about 2 years and only then realized that even though it felt heavenly it looked terrible after a few hours. So I decided to try Luxiva Ultra Powder Foundation (which I had used in high school) and it was SO much better than BE! Then last month my skin began breaking out pretty badly (went off BC), so I needed more coverage. After reading reviews here on the lasting foundation I decided to give it a try. Even though it hurt me to spend almost $30 on foundation, I love this stuff and it really is worth the money. It will last a long time also, so that makes me feel better. One reason I stopped using liquid foundation so long ago is because I could never find a color match. I'm very pale and everything always made me look yellow or orange. With this the color match is PERFECT. I can just use it on parts of my face if I want - the match is that good. Plus, it really doesn't feel like I'm wearing makeup at all. It gives a beatiful even finish and I top it off with the ultra powder foundation. This combination is fantastic - gives flawless-looking skin all day! And keeps me oil-free all day - it's unbelievable! It also applies very easily (one other thing I hated about liquid foundation). I just use my fingers to dot and spread - not hard to blend like some other long-lasting foundations. I love this - hopefully soon I won't need the extra coverage, but I might just continue to use it because it makes my skin so pretty!

on 6/26/2008 3:34:00 PM

I use this foundation on all the makeovers I do for weddings, proms, special occasions, etc. The trick is to have a very heavy moisturizing cream prior to applying. I use a sponge and it blends perfectly. This foundation stands the test by staying on all day or night. There is a wide range of colors to select from and it is important to get the correct color because once it is on, it is on! Perfect for oily skin and dry skin just needs a heavy moisturizer for it to blend evenly. Overall, one of the best foundations I have ever put on my skin and my customers have always gone out and bought them a tube! It lasts forever as well so the price is worth it:)

on 6/26/2008 3:22:00 PM

I was hoping that this was going to be on my way to an HG foundation, I was soooo wrong. It looked like perfection in the store and for about a half and hour. I wore this over a moisturizer with a light dusting of the lasting foundation powder over it to set it. The SA says this is too light to be really worn as a foundation.

Anyway, I looked in the mirror hoping to see the lasting greatness, but I was soooooooooooo wrong. It was peeling and caking, and was wet like it never did dry or set, and when I went to take it off it left a rash on my face. I was not happy at all, but I was thinking benefit of the doubt maybe it was the really odd moisturizer the lady had put on me. So I wore it again, not as irritating just a slight itching, still stayed moist, and looked horrible.

Comparing to double wear mainly

I would have never thought of going into my local merle norman if I hadn't stumbled across the reviews on here. But I was getting married in a few months and needed something to really cover all the imperfections. So I went in and the sales rep tried out a color (alabaster beige) and she said it was perfect. I thought it looked a little dark and orange to me. She also said to go darker because it would look better in my wedding pictures, so I shelled out the money and got it. After playing around with the application I got the hang of it and how to not make it so dark, orange, and cakey looking. It is still a little bit darker than I like. When I asked the sales lady about a shade lighter she said the next shade down would not be good for me because it had blue undertones and that I shouldn't wear anything with that. I would still like to try it but not for $27. I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to repurchase. I'm always looking for the next best thing though. Edit: I finally got a different shade (porcelain) and I love that one! The color is perfect and it stays pretty much all day. I work a long shift and I might have to blot during the day but for the most part it stays all day long. I think I'm going to stick with this one.

I have been using MN for about 2 years now. I wont go back to anything else. This product does dry fast but you have to learn to put it on one section at a time. It covers perfectly. I'm very fair skinned and use Ivory.

This is the most amazing foundation I have ever tried. A little expensive, but definitely worth the money. I've had the same tube since December and it's almost June! I usually apply this foundation mixed with a moisturizer, so that application is quicker and smoother. I always get up too late so the quicker the better! Even mixed with moisturizer, this stuff covers like no other. No more redness, no more oil! It also lasts all day! I will definitely repurchase.

I love this foundations. I have been a Bare Minerals girl for over 10 years. with my changing skin, it was just not working for me. This lasts all day and hides my pores and makes me look flawless all day long. I highly reccommend this to anyone who wants or needs to flle confident everyday.. I do also use the powder to complete the look. Easy to carry and touch up with.