April 19, 2014 | 1689 users online

Liquid - Merle Norman - Luxiva Lasting Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2008 1:00:00 PM More reviews by TinaSheipline

I would have never thought of going into my local merle norman if I hadn't stumbled across the reviews on here. But I was getting married in a few months and needed something to really cover all the imperfections. So I went in and the sales rep tried out a color (alabaster beige) and she said it was perfect. I thought it looked a little dark and orange to me. She also said to go darker because it would look better in my wedding pictures, so I shelled out the money and got it. After playing around with the application I got the hang of it and how to not make it so dark, orange, and cakey looking. It is still a little bit darker than I like. When I asked the sales lady about a shade lighter she said the next shade down would not be good for me because it had blue undertones and that I shouldn't wear anything with that. I would still like to try it but not for $27. I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to repurchase. I'm always looking for the next best thing though. Edit: I finally got a different shade (porcelain) and I love that one! The color is perfect and it stays pretty much all day. I work a long shift and I might have to blot during the day but for the most part it stays all day long. I think I'm going to stick with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by SouthernGirlieGirl

I have been using MN for about 2 years now. I wont go back to anything else. This product does dry fast but you have to learn to put it on one section at a time. It covers perfectly. I'm very fair skinned and use Ivory.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 2:21:00 AM More reviews by winddancer1323

This is the most amazing foundation I have ever tried. A little expensive, but definitely worth the money. I've had the same tube since December and it's almost June! I usually apply this foundation mixed with a moisturizer, so that application is quicker and smoother. I always get up too late so the quicker the better! Even mixed with moisturizer, this stuff covers like no other. No more redness, no more oil! It also lasts all day! I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2008 10:42:00 PM More reviews by happyhygienist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundations. I have been a Bare Minerals girl for over 10 years. with my changing skin, it was just not working for me. This lasts all day and hides my pores and makes me look flawless all day long. I highly reccommend this to anyone who wants or needs to flle confident everyday.. I do also use the powder to complete the look. Easy to carry and touch up with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2008 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Cincy_Gal

Based on the reviews here, I thought I would give this foundation a try. I have never had great luck in the foundation dept., so my HG still has not been found. I reserve total judgement for a few weeks out, after my love affair with this has been given a decent run. But first impressions: it is fantastic! I ventured into Merle Norman (something I never would've done) and got a *perfect* foundation match with Creamy Beige. As a matter of fact, I have never had such a good match in skin tone. It looks like my exact skin color. I have pretty oily skin as well that isn't just limited to my t-zone. This makeup keeps my oily skin at bay better than anything I've ever used. It's amazing. As for coverage, I have tried it with a foundation brush, dry sponge and damp sponge. I definitely got heavier coverage (full) using the brush and dry sponge. I prefer less coverage than that, so using a damp sponge gives a nice medium coverage for me. I find, too, that very little is necessary to even out my complexion, but it also quite buildable. I did also purchase the Luxiva powder foundation (the name escapes me) at the same time and didn't care for it. It is way too powdery for my liking. But so far, this foundation is INCREDIBLE. Updates will be forthcoming once I live with it for a while. **UPDATE 5.29.08 ~ Ok, a couple weeks into it and I LOVE THIS STUFF. No break outs, wears like iron, yet looks very natural when applied w/ a damp sponge. Controls oil very well. One caveat: I had to go back 3 times until I found the right shade. This dries or sets "lighter" than its color appears when you put it on. The SA's at Merle Norman aren't the greatest at color matching. After 3 tries, I found peace w/ my perfect shade, Simply Beige. It was worth the hassle. Love, love, love it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 2:16:00 PM More reviews by ann5151

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So after reading all the great reviews for this foundation, I headed for the Merle Norman Studio. First of all, the gentleman that was helping me was great ! He didnít push me to buy any other products; he was very knowledgeable and gave me few samples. So Iíve been on a search for my HG foundation and I think this might be it (but Iíll always keep my eyes opened for something new). Iíve been using this for about a week now and I have to say Iím impressed. It spreads easily, provides nice coverage without looking cakey !!! Probably the most important thing is that it lasts long (compared to anything else I tried) and itís great for my super oily skin ! I think after 4 hours, my skin starts to look just a bit oily BUT still when compared to any other foundations I tried, 4 hours is so much better than having oily skin after only 1 hour ! At the end of the day, it is rather difficult to wash it off completely but I donít mind the extra effort. SO, this foundation is great for oily skin (at least it worked for me when nothing else did) and it doesnít look like Iím wearing tons of foundation, the overall effect is great ! After reading some other reviews I think I will try this along with the powder foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

The moment the SA squeeze this fdn on my hand, I knew its for me. The texture is like a watery silicone, easy to spread, just do an area at a time instead of dotting it all over the face to spread. The effect is natural, do not use a heavy/slippery/silicone moisturiser underneath though. I am NC30-35 and use neutral(natural).
I've been to 3 NM studios before I find this product, as well as 2 of their skin creams. The people in the store has no knowledge about the product, they appeared to me as manicurists and the Changing Cream & Night Cream were expired 8 months ago! I have to wait until she order a new batch since all the remaining stocks were expired as well. Maybe you guys have better NM studios in the States.
I find Mac Pro shop's Micronized Airbrush fdn is equally good.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2008 6:34:00 PM More reviews by audrey143

This is some serious foundation. First off unless your face melts midday - avoid this stuff. It will dry you out like nothing else. Also I found you get way too much product out this bottle. It need to be in a pump or something. I looked like I had a bloody mask on. Way to expensive for this kind of crap.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by rebekahw1

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let's be honest. I have had a love affair with mineral makeup for the past several years. I love the look and feel of mineral make-up and the variety. I never thought I would use another liquid makeup after years of poor color matches and makeup changing colors or sliding off my face. However, nothing seemed to be holding back my oily shine for more than 2-3 hours anymore. Maybe it is mid-life hormones, but I have been pumping out more oil than a teenager. I am a nurse, working long shifts and just don't have time to touch-up constantly (if at all). After much research, I read about using Luxiva Lasting Foundation + the Ultra Powder Foundation on top. I went into Merle Norman on my day off and found my colors a few days ago. Today I worked a long day and had a good test of the product. I got up at 4:10 am today, slapped on some of this wonderful combination and returned home at 4:45 pm, still looking good. I had hardly any shine! I have tried all different kinds of combinations to fix this problem and am pleasantly surprised that I found my solution at the local Merle Norman. Another plus is that I don't have to order this makeup from a website or drive for hours to a boutique or Sephora. All my other minerals work just fine with this foundation also. Give it a try!
Rebekah

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2008 10:52:00 AM More reviews by jenncolby

This is the base I use when my skin is acting up. It gets oily in the summer and this seems to keep the oil at bay pretty well. It also covers very well. I use this for special occasions and for make-up for brides-when I do wedding makeup. I like to pair this with the ultra powder foundation. I apply this with a foundation brush, b/c for me, with a sponge, it feels too heavy. This is more of a safety net for days when my skin is acting up, rather than an everyday foundation.