August 28, 2014 | 1027 users online

Liquid - Merle Norman - Luxiva Lasting Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by andrwh1

I used BE mineral foundation for about 2 years and only then realized that even though it felt heavenly it looked terrible after a few hours. So I decided to try Luxiva Ultra Powder Foundation (which I had used in high school) and it was SO much better than BE! Then last month my skin began breaking out pretty badly (went off BC), so I needed more coverage. After reading reviews here on the lasting foundation I decided to give it a try. Even though it hurt me to spend almost $30 on foundation, I love this stuff and it really is worth the money. It will last a long time also, so that makes me feel better. One reason I stopped using liquid foundation so long ago is because I could never find a color match. I'm very pale and everything always made me look yellow or orange. With this the color match is PERFECT. I can just use it on parts of my face if I want - the match is that good. Plus, it really doesn't feel like I'm wearing makeup at all. It gives a beatiful even finish and I top it off with the ultra powder foundation. This combination is fantastic - gives flawless-looking skin all day! And keeps me oil-free all day - it's unbelievable! It also applies very easily (one other thing I hated about liquid foundation). I just use my fingers to dot and spread - not hard to blend like some other long-lasting foundations. I love this - hopefully soon I won't need the extra coverage, but I might just continue to use it because it makes my skin so pretty!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by HollyBethe

I use this foundation on all the makeovers I do for weddings, proms, special occasions, etc. The trick is to have a very heavy moisturizing cream prior to applying. I use a sponge and it blends perfectly. This foundation stands the test by staying on all day or night. There is a wide range of colors to select from and it is important to get the correct color because once it is on, it is on! Perfect for oily skin and dry skin just needs a heavy moisturizer for it to blend evenly. Overall, one of the best foundations I have ever put on my skin and my customers have always gone out and bought them a tube! It lasts forever as well so the price is worth it:)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by RachelFay81

I was hoping that this was going to be on my way to an HG foundation, I was soooo wrong. It looked like perfection in the store and for about a half and hour. I wore this over a moisturizer with a light dusting of the lasting foundation powder over it to set it. The SA says this is too light to be really worn as a foundation.

Anyway, I looked in the mirror hoping to see the lasting greatness, but I was soooooooooooo wrong. It was peeling and caking, and was wet like it never did dry or set, and when I went to take it off it left a rash on my face. I was not happy at all, but I was thinking benefit of the doubt maybe it was the really odd moisturizer the lady had put on me. So I wore it again, not as irritating just a slight itching, still stayed moist, and looked horrible.

Comparing to double wear mainly

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2008 1:00:00 PM More reviews by TinaSheipline

I would have never thought of going into my local merle norman if I hadn't stumbled across the reviews on here. But I was getting married in a few months and needed something to really cover all the imperfections. So I went in and the sales rep tried out a color (alabaster beige) and she said it was perfect. I thought it looked a little dark and orange to me. She also said to go darker because it would look better in my wedding pictures, so I shelled out the money and got it. After playing around with the application I got the hang of it and how to not make it so dark, orange, and cakey looking. It is still a little bit darker than I like. When I asked the sales lady about a shade lighter she said the next shade down would not be good for me because it had blue undertones and that I shouldn't wear anything with that. I would still like to try it but not for $27. I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to repurchase. I'm always looking for the next best thing though. Edit: I finally got a different shade (porcelain) and I love that one! The color is perfect and it stays pretty much all day. I work a long shift and I might have to blot during the day but for the most part it stays all day long. I think I'm going to stick with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by SouthernGirlieGirl

I have been using MN for about 2 years now. I wont go back to anything else. This product does dry fast but you have to learn to put it on one section at a time. It covers perfectly. I'm very fair skinned and use Ivory.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 2:21:00 AM More reviews by winddancer1323

This is the most amazing foundation I have ever tried. A little expensive, but definitely worth the money. I've had the same tube since December and it's almost June! I usually apply this foundation mixed with a moisturizer, so that application is quicker and smoother. I always get up too late so the quicker the better! Even mixed with moisturizer, this stuff covers like no other. No more redness, no more oil! It also lasts all day! I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2008 10:42:00 PM More reviews by happyhygienist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundations. I have been a Bare Minerals girl for over 10 years. with my changing skin, it was just not working for me. This lasts all day and hides my pores and makes me look flawless all day long. I highly reccommend this to anyone who wants or needs to flle confident everyday.. I do also use the powder to complete the look. Easy to carry and touch up with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2008 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Cincy_Gal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Based on the reviews here, I thought I would give this foundation a try. I have never had great luck in the foundation dept., so my HG still has not been found. I reserve total judgement for a few weeks out, after my love affair with this has been given a decent run. But first impressions: it is fantastic! I ventured into Merle Norman (something I never would've done) and got a *perfect* foundation match with Creamy Beige. As a matter of fact, I have never had such a good match in skin tone. It looks like my exact skin color. I have pretty oily skin as well that isn't just limited to my t-zone. This makeup keeps my oily skin at bay better than anything I've ever used. It's amazing. As for coverage, I have tried it with a foundation brush, dry sponge and damp sponge. I definitely got heavier coverage (full) using the brush and dry sponge. I prefer less coverage than that, so using a damp sponge gives a nice medium coverage for me. I find, too, that very little is necessary to even out my complexion, but it also quite buildable. I did also purchase the Luxiva powder foundation (the name escapes me) at the same time and didn't care for it. It is way too powdery for my liking. But so far, this foundation is INCREDIBLE. Updates will be forthcoming once I live with it for a while. **UPDATE 5.29.08 ~ Ok, a couple weeks into it and I LOVE THIS STUFF. No break outs, wears like iron, yet looks very natural when applied w/ a damp sponge. Controls oil very well. One caveat: I had to go back 3 times until I found the right shade. This dries or sets "lighter" than its color appears when you put it on. The SA's at Merle Norman aren't the greatest at color matching. After 3 tries, I found peace w/ my perfect shade, Simply Beige. It was worth the hassle. Love, love, love it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 2:16:00 PM More reviews by ann5151

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So after reading all the great reviews for this foundation, I headed for the Merle Norman Studio. First of all, the gentleman that was helping me was great ! He didnít push me to buy any other products; he was very knowledgeable and gave me few samples. So Iíve been on a search for my HG foundation and I think this might be it (but Iíll always keep my eyes opened for something new). Iíve been using this for about a week now and I have to say Iím impressed. It spreads easily, provides nice coverage without looking cakey !!! Probably the most important thing is that it lasts long (compared to anything else I tried) and itís great for my super oily skin ! I think after 4 hours, my skin starts to look just a bit oily BUT still when compared to any other foundations I tried, 4 hours is so much better than having oily skin after only 1 hour ! At the end of the day, it is rather difficult to wash it off completely but I donít mind the extra effort. SO, this foundation is great for oily skin (at least it worked for me when nothing else did) and it doesnít look like Iím wearing tons of foundation, the overall effect is great ! After reading some other reviews I think I will try this along with the powder foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

The moment the SA squeeze this fdn on my hand, I knew its for me. The texture is like a watery silicone, easy to spread, just do an area at a time instead of dotting it all over the face to spread. The effect is natural, do not use a heavy/slippery/silicone moisturiser underneath though. I am NC30-35 and use neutral(natural).
I've been to 3 NM studios before I find this product, as well as 2 of their skin creams. The people in the store has no knowledge about the product, they appeared to me as manicurists and the Changing Cream & Night Cream were expired 8 months ago! I have to wait until she order a new batch since all the remaining stocks were expired as well. Maybe you guys have better NM studios in the States.
I find Mac Pro shop's Micronized Airbrush fdn is equally good.