Nina Ricci Nina (New)

on 4/17/2009 11:56:00 AM

I bought this last summer while on vacation in Vegas. I thought it was the perfect summer scent, but I've been using it all winter too (switching to Ralph Lauren Romance every now and then). It even made me forget about my classic, beloved Coco Mademoiselle. Nina smells sweet and citrusy to me. I don't really get any apple, but I can never identify scents in perfumes...my nose just knows when a perfume smells good. And this one does smell GREAT! I've never repurchased a perfume, but I would likely repurchase this one when I run out.

on 4/12/2009 5:38:00 PM

I LOVE this scent...Sweet, but not too sweet, long lasting, with the fruity overtones that make this fragrance one of my favorites. Good for any occasion...Work, a night out, or for everyday use. This is one I would definitely recommend!

on 4/4/2009 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Sweet, bubbly and girly. I love the initial spray of citrus when you first apply this. It soon turns to a sweet apple which makes it a really nice, young and fun scent to wear. This lasts all day on me without fading. I don't see myself wearing this to work or to business meetings but it's definitely a good scent to wear if you're just going out with some friends.

on 3/28/2009 6:01:00 PM

I bought this perfume a year ago and wore it daily for a month, until Tocca's Florence caught my nose. I really loved it then, but I pretty much forgot about it, and it has just been sitting on my dresser looking quite adorable, but collecting dust. That is, until today when I was thinking about which fragrance I was going to wear out tonight. I have been on a super sweet fragrance kick lately, wearing Pink Sugar all day, every day, occasionally mixing it up with Philosophy's Falling in Love. Both of those are great, casual, day time perfumes, but I wanted something a little more sophisticated and "perfumier" for going out. So a few minutes ago, I squirted on some Nina and thought, "ahhh, perfect!" Pleasantly sweet, but spicy, fresh and bright but also creamy, especially when your skin warms up. I get the caramel apple and vanilla. My husband says he smells flowers, but it is not overpowering, as he is supersensitive to most floral scents. I cannot decipher a particular flower, perhaps gardenia? My 4 year old daughter said it smells like candy. I do have to disagree somewhat with a previous reviewer who said it smells like a cross between Angel and Princess, two fragrances I cannot tolerate to wear or smell. Neither of those scents work with my body chemistry, other than to give me a headache. I suppose the spicy notes are vaguely similar to Angel and the creamy notes similar to Princess. However, in Nina the combination of the creamy and spicy with fresh and sweet make it very unique, wearable fragrance. Perfume is so personal, and Nina just happens to work for me. Bottom line: I love it, the bottle is adorable and I will be wearing this throughout the spring!

on 3/19/2009 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Pros:
- Smells gorgeous, think: Cola bottles, apples, sweets.
- Looks cute, small so its easy to carry round.
- Price is good.

Cons:
- None at all really.

on 3/13/2009 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PERFUME! ITS MY FAV. IT SMELLS SO GOOD AND ITS NOT TOO STRONG BUT STRONG ENOUGH. I WILL BE USING THIS PERFUME FOR LIKE THE REST OF MY LIFE LOL. BUT SERIOUSLY IF U LIKE THIS ONE U SHOULD ALSO TRY ARMANI DIAMONDS. THESE R MY 2 FAV PERFUMES! BOTH STRONG AND SWEET AND SOO GOOD. =) OH AND HELLO THE BOTTLE IS ADORABLE! LOL.

on 3/4/2009 8:36:00 PM

Looooooooove this! This has got to be one of my favorite scents of all time. Sweet and creamy. My only complaint is the staying power, lasts two hours on me tops. But that won't keep me from repurchasing again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Nina is a fairly new fragrance from Nina Ricci - however I believe there was an older version of this.
However this is current and comes in a roundish cute bottle like an apple shape with a silver lid - very stylish looking.
This is a sweet perfume so it will generally be best for those under 30 although the older generation may appreciate this as it is not sweet overkill.
I know girls in their twenties like me would really appreciate the sweet chocolately scent with undertones of Apple and Vanilla.
It smells very much like Vera Wangs Princess with hint of Theirry Mulgers Angel. It really smells like a combination of these.

I think if you like Angel and Princess then chances are you will like this.

It does become headaches inducing if you wear more than two squirts but then I am not a personal fan o wearing sweet perfume but I can see that this would be enjoyed by a young audience.

It is mid-range in price and look spretty on the dresser.

on 2/27/2009 5:58:00 PM

Love this, its one of my favorites. Many perfumes turn sour or vinegar-ish on me, but this one stays they way I expect it should smell. I get a light, apple, flower and carmel scent that I just love. Its sweet without smelling like cupcakes- which I hate and ,like others, have noticed is a huge trend lately. It does remind me of most of the escada perfumes, but warmer. Would most likely buy again.

on 2/27/2009 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Nina is soft and clean and sweet. But not sticky candy sweet. I'm aware of it but it's not one to enter a room before you. It's a nice everyday scent. It's not sexy nor sophisticated. Which is fine on the days I just want to smell pretty. I get the caramel apple.. and some light flowers. Never over powering. Oh, and you can't forget the beautiful pink apple bottle. I'm a sucker for pretty little bottles !

Popular Fragrances