La Roche Posay Toleriane Soothing Protective Light Facial Fluid

3.8

Aqua/Water,Squalane, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylhexyl-Glycerin, Caprylyl Glycol

on 1/14/2008 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It is expensive, but it does a good job of moisturizing my oily skin without being overwhelming nor does it break me out. My skin always feels soft. The product itself is very lquidy and hard to get used to to, but a little goes a long way.

I've been using this for about 2 months now, and I think I can safely declare it my HG moisturizer. My skin usually gets very dry in the winter, but using this along with Cerave cleanser has kept my skin hydrated without the nasty clogged pores every other moisturizer on the market seems to give me. It's lightweight and sinks in very fast, without a trace of stickiness or greasiness. I really like the packaging- it feels very sterile and clean- but I agree that it is hard to tell how much product is left. No big deal though, since I'm keeping myself well stocked from now on!

on 12/19/2007 11:46:00 PM

Aside from all the raves about this product on the skincare board, this product broke me out within a few hours! It also was a little sticky for my liking! I wanted to love it but it just didnt work...off to find something else :(

on 12/11/2007 11:02:00 PM

I'll start off by saying I'm a big fan of the La Roche Posay line. I've been satisfied with the quality and the prices of pretty much everything I've tried. My skin used to be pretty oily but has gotten better over the years; however, it has gotten much more sensitive. I've used this as my day moisturizer in the summer. The texture has been light enough that my skin doesn't feel smothered, but it's moisturizing enough and it doesn't irritate my skin at all. I've had to switch to something heavier in the winter (right now it's LRP Hydraphase), but I'll definitely reach for this when the weather gets warmer again. Only complaint is that the packaging makes it hard to figure out how much is left, something that other reviewers have commented on.

on 11/25/2007 5:32:00 PM

LOVE this product. i have slightly oily skin that is prone to breakouts and this is such a great moisturizer for me. I needed something that helped with the tight feeling my face sometimes gets and this does the trick. it leaves my skin so soft. i sometimes apply the thermal water first and then apply the fluid if i need less moisture (like in the summer). this has NEVER made me break out. it's my HG and the price is so affordable! i love LRP products

on 11/23/2007 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

For the first time, I did not have major break out in the summer, thanks to this light fluid. I am asian and have oily to combination skin. This light fluid really hydrates my skin even in the cold winter here in the UK, I use it at night, wake up with clear, slightly oily face. very good basic moisturizer.

on 11/10/2007 5:10:00 AM

I thought this fluid will be good at calming my sensitive skin while giving enough hydration.
Wrong.
It did not calm my redness.
And my skin feels dry from using it.
My skin is oily and dehydrated.

on 11/5/2007 10:51:00 AM

So, i love and hate this product. I have fairly oily skin and very acne prone. I love the lightness of this product but the packaging is HORRIBLE. I have the worst time getting product out of this pump bottle. Maybe i got a defective bottle but it's really bad. The lotion itself is pretty nice, it seems very light and goes on really nicely but i noticed if i wear foundation over it, just a few hours later my skin feels pretty oily. Now, i don't use foundation daily but i'd rather not feel like an oil slick when i DO use foundation. For reference, i live in South Louisiana, a very humid climate. So, while i still use it from time to time, it's def not an HG product.

on 10/19/2007 9:59:00 PM

I have to say, I'm a little disappointed. I thought this would be the perfect moisturizer. What's not to love? It's supposed to be super light, barely there, and it's supposed to be great for calming skin that tends to be inflamed. I admit, I do use it now and again. But I'm not thrilled with it. I was hoping to see some positive results in my skin such as reduced inflammation, more even skin tone, and increased hydration. What I got was increased grease and not much of anything else. I have better results with Osea Atmosphere Protection Cream, which is a little richer texture-wise, but a whole lot more effective as far as positive results.

on 10/16/2007 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was the second moisturiser I had from La Roche Posay. I bought this when my face was still quite oily and was having outbreaks but it was dehydrated. This was indeed very lightweight and is safe to use given that it only contains 8 ingredients. It helped to make my face soft too. However, it was not moisturising enough.

The first time I used it, I actually got horrid outbreaks from it. Now, I tried it again and it was okay for my skin, no outbreaks whatsoever.

Updated: I found something better than this for my sensitive skin which really help with the oil secretion and also the redness and sensitivity.