La Roche Posay Toleriane Soothing Protective Light Facial Fluid

3.8

Aqua/Water,Squalane, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylhexyl-Glycerin, Caprylyl Glycol

on 2/12/2008 12:35:00 AM

So disappointed. Thought after a long search this would be the moisturiser for me, especially given it's super minimal ingredient list and affordable price. I loved the packaging, and it's super lightweight texture. Didn't have a matte finish on my super oily skin, but that was fine, UNTIL my skin started freaking out and breaking out in cystic zits all over. Must be the squalane. Oh well.

on 1/27/2008 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I love this. The packaging is amazing and hygienic. I would describe it as a light surge of moisture. It really calms my flakies. When I am particularly dry, I use this as a base moisturizer. I took off one lippie because you get so little product for the price. Also, sometimes this tingles my skin a bit when I put it on.. but I think it may be from a case of severe dehydration. Will update. In case you're curious, I have acne-prone, rosacea, sensitive skin.

on 1/23/2008 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. I'm on my 3rd (maybe 4th) bottle. I usually switch to different products all the time and seldom buy the same stuff for a second time, but this is one of the few items I would keep buying. Every time I feel like having something that's moisturizing and 100% super safe (no break out, no greasy shine, no irritation, no redness), this'll be the choice. Love it!

on 1/14/2008 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It is expensive, but it does a good job of moisturizing my oily skin without being overwhelming nor does it break me out. My skin always feels soft. The product itself is very lquidy and hard to get used to to, but a little goes a long way.

I've been using this for about 2 months now, and I think I can safely declare it my HG moisturizer. My skin usually gets very dry in the winter, but using this along with Cerave cleanser has kept my skin hydrated without the nasty clogged pores every other moisturizer on the market seems to give me. It's lightweight and sinks in very fast, without a trace of stickiness or greasiness. I really like the packaging- it feels very sterile and clean- but I agree that it is hard to tell how much product is left. No big deal though, since I'm keeping myself well stocked from now on!

on 12/19/2007 11:46:00 PM

Aside from all the raves about this product on the skincare board, this product broke me out within a few hours! It also was a little sticky for my liking! I wanted to love it but it just didnt work...off to find something else :(

on 12/11/2007 11:02:00 PM

I'll start off by saying I'm a big fan of the La Roche Posay line. I've been satisfied with the quality and the prices of pretty much everything I've tried. My skin used to be pretty oily but has gotten better over the years; however, it has gotten much more sensitive. I've used this as my day moisturizer in the summer. The texture has been light enough that my skin doesn't feel smothered, but it's moisturizing enough and it doesn't irritate my skin at all. I've had to switch to something heavier in the winter (right now it's LRP Hydraphase), but I'll definitely reach for this when the weather gets warmer again. Only complaint is that the packaging makes it hard to figure out how much is left, something that other reviewers have commented on.

on 11/25/2007 5:32:00 PM

LOVE this product. i have slightly oily skin that is prone to breakouts and this is such a great moisturizer for me. I needed something that helped with the tight feeling my face sometimes gets and this does the trick. it leaves my skin so soft. i sometimes apply the thermal water first and then apply the fluid if i need less moisture (like in the summer). this has NEVER made me break out. it's my HG and the price is so affordable! i love LRP products

on 11/23/2007 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

For the first time, I did not have major break out in the summer, thanks to this light fluid. I am asian and have oily to combination skin. This light fluid really hydrates my skin even in the cold winter here in the UK, I use it at night, wake up with clear, slightly oily face. very good basic moisturizer.

on 11/10/2007 5:10:00 AM

I thought this fluid will be good at calming my sensitive skin while giving enough hydration.
Wrong.
It did not calm my redness.
And my skin feels dry from using it.
My skin is oily and dehydrated.

Popular Moisturizers