August 1, 2014 | 1723 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by MissEstelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ick. Broke me out like mad when used as a cleanser, no matter how well I wiped and rinsed after, and I still needed to use regular makeup remover for my eye makeup afterwards.The big tub means it gets dusty and icky really quick.

I am using it for moisturizer on my legs after I shower now, for which it works fine.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by JessT88

I have been using this as a makeup remover for years, but I would wash it off with my acne wash because I was afraid of how greasy this feels. AcneFree severe system was the only thing that helped my acne, but I would always get dry flakey patches which is a joy to deal with. One night I decided to use this how it's instructed, just rub it on and wipe off with a warm washcloth. I was so amazed the next morning! My face was not oily, it helped a few of the dry patches and now a week later I don't have any dry patches, I have not broken out and my face feels healthy! My boyfriend thinks I'm silly because I keep raving about it every morning...Come on, this stuff has been around for 150 years! My mom used it, my sister used it and I was just using it to remove make up for years??? Hilarious but so awesome. It's cheap too, I can buy 3-4 of these jars for the same cost as one AcneFree kit. I use which hazel sometimes too, but that is just out of routine, I don't know if I need it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKins

Breaks me out everytime I use it............

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by livelynnlipstick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is way to greasy for me

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by taryn33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just love it. I started using it as both a makeup remover and a cleanser about 10 days ago. I was breaking out a lot, which was unusual for me, and nothing of my usual routine was making a dent in it. I had had this curiosity about those face scrubber machines that people use that cost ridiculous amounts of money, but somehow i just came home with good ole ponds. I rub about a quarter sized dallop in all over, then i take a damp washcloth and begin to massage the cleanser into (and off of) my face in small upward circles. I rinse with warm water. I do follow up with ponds face cleanser. I have always used ponds face moisturizer, but find I no longer need it with use of the cold cream-- even though i wash it off eventually, the benefits (smooth, clean, hydrated skin). I have slowly slowly slowly been converting to all ponds products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

For removing makeup, a perfect ten! Does a great job, even with mascara (even though sometimes if a little seeps into my eyes I see through the Barbara Walters soft focus lens for awhile). Leaves face really soft after use. Mineral oil can cause breakouts so I am sure to cleanse face thoroughly after makeup is removed.
But the price... Please. If you're just wiping it off right away anyway, it doesn't matter if you use this or the dollar tree cold cream- 8 oz for a dollar. Same ingredients. Does the same good job.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by vix5586

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a couple years now to remove eye makeup after seeing a roommate use it. I had never seen anyone use a cold cream before and assumed it was only for people with mature or very dry skin....which wasn't me. I always hated oily liquid eye makeup removers and the film they left on my skin. I ended up always using the makeup removing towelettes, but those required some scrubbing as they were a bit dry and this made me nervous about the damage I was doing to the sensitive skin around the eyes. I started off using Ponds in conjunction with the towelettes until I ran out of them one day and had to just use a wet washcloth (Why did I not think of this sooner?! Cheaper and much less wasteful than using and throwing out a wipe-y every night!) I love it.

So, my reasons for loving this as an eye makeup remover: first, I have oily skin around my eyes and have to use a primer to make eye make last for more than an hour. This makes my eye makeup that much harder to remove. With this stuff, I just have to gently massage it in and my primer, shadow, liner and waterproof mascara just melt off. A few swipes with the washcloth and it's GONE. Completely gone with no scrubbing. I never wake up the next morning with the raccoon eyes I've experienced with other removers. Second, no greasy feeling like other liquid eye makeup removers I've tried and no dry tightness left behind from the towelettes. Third, one jar is dirt cheap, can be found at Walmart, Target or any grocery store and lasts for forever (I'm only halfway through one and I bought it well over a year ago and use it every night). I have never noticed any breakouts from using this (and sometimes it does end up below the "eye area" of my face)

I follow up by cleansing with Purpose Gentle Cleanser and most nights, use my Olay facebrush. I have yet to use this on my entire face as I'm so oily and acne prone and lately, my Purpose cleanser, 2.5% benzoyl peroxide & LacHydrin-5 moisturizer is keeping my skin nice and clear so I'm afraid to add anything else to the mix. Reading the reviews here are tempting me to try it out all over though...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you love your skin you will love it even more using PONDS to remove your makeup. Get ready! This is not a soap based cleanser. Prepare yourself. You are not going to feel the tight clean feel of soap or alcohol based astringent. You may have to retrain your mind into what clean TRULY feels like. I used to think my skin needed to be squeaky clean and tight to be clean. WRONG! I have learned that tight dry feeling was only causing me to produce more oils which then caused breakouts for me. And even bumps under my skin that were unable to emerge. And worse wrinkles! Yes, that tight feeling was not a good way to battle age. Oil based cleansers make your skin feel clean without feeling tight. In a gentle and healthy way. Thanks MUA, I am learning so much about my skin.

I used to believe Ponds was only for the dry. I now realize that someone with normal and or oily skin might discover this is wonderful for them too. And being sensitive skinned I can only say does not burn, sting, tingle or harm me in any way. It is a mineral oil based cleanser/moisturizer. I have sensitive, acne prone, mild rosacea skin, pale over 40 and falling into the dry side of normal skin. ( now that I am over 40. ) My skin feels wonderful after I use this. It feels beautiful when I wake in the morning. I was fearful it was going to cause break outs. I have been going on three months now and am simply amazed. No break outs!!! And my skin feels soft and supple. I am kicking myself that I did not try this sooner. My grandmother, and Aunts were all PONDS ladies. I can remember the classic scent of Ponds on their skin when giving them a hug. Yes, there is a mild but lovely clean scent. I never knew the secret to their glowing, healthy, velvety, lustrous, elegant and pefect complexions. PONDS!

A little goes a long way. I use a quarter size dolop. I massage this into my entire face covering every place including eyelids. I then gently remove my make up with a cotton ball. Eye makeup comes off like butter. I use maybe 4-5 cotton balls and even use water to help remove makeup. I have read that some on MUA do not use water to finish off. I use water splashed on my face. I feel cleaner this way but I think it is not necessary. When I first started I would take a warm wet cotton ball and go all across my skin to see if any trace of dirt appeared. And that is how I know my skin was clean. No dirt appeared. It really does remove all my makeup.

I finish off my routine with Differin, Finacea, EL ANR and Neutrogena moisturizer.
PONDS is my HG.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by BunnylaBelle

HG SKIN CLEANSER!!!! I have been using the product for almost half a year and I am OBSESSED!

This is an oil cleanser. Before you jump back screaming "But isn't that counter-productive?!!"
Let me bestow some wisdom that was imparted unto me;
When you have leather products you clean them using an oil product right? Same with skin. Skin IS a hide after all! This cleanser uses mineral oil which won't clog your pores and is non-carcinogenic. Win win, eh?

I use about the size of a 5 cent coin, (or a penny for you Americans playing at home) and massage it into my face using my fingertips. Since it is quite thick I find a little goes a long way. Before it can dry, I gently wipe it off using a wash cloth or a tissue.
At first I was a bit horrified by how supple and moist(?) my face was after cleansing, but now I am used to it/barely notice it. I then will apply my acne cream and my night cream.
#I don't clean my face with this in the morning because I find the residue makes my make-up slip.

After a week using it I started to notice my skin improving, far less pimples and less flaking. From then it only got better. Now, after using it for about 5 months I can say my skin is looking pretty darn good! I use less concealer, have changed to a light coverage foundation and feel a lot more confident :)

PROS:
-fragrance free
-cheap
-non-comedogenic
-non-carcinogenic
-improves skin condition

Cons:
-packaging. I would prefer a pump for hygienic reasons.
-makes makeup slip if applied soon after cleansing.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

Have been using this @ night for about 2 weeks and I love it. I started using it because I felt like I was looking really wrinkly and dry, and I wanted an inexpensive humectant for overnight.

I use two fingertips' worth and rub it on my dry face until all the eye makeup melts (notes: I don't wear foundation, and heed the warnings about getting it in your eyes!). I used a warm wet washcloth to wipe off the cream, but it made my washcloth look really terrible (mascara, etc.) so I switched to using half of a nicer-quality paper towel with a cloth-like texture that I can throw away (Viva! brand, $1 a roll or so). I get the paper towel wet and smooth off the cream, then dry my face. I don't wash it with another cleanser afterwards. I apply a skin oil around my eyes and fine lines and then Ponds Pink cream (Clarant) all over my face and neck. Every 3 days or so, I will use Cetaphil with my Clairsonic in the morning, just to get a fresh start.

I love how moisturized and non-oily this keeps my skin!