Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

4.1

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 1/24/2014 6:57:00 AM

Ponds Cold Cream
I have used cleansers from the most expensive to the least and when I started to use the Ponds Cold Cream to take my make-up off, found that it not only removed the make-up but my skin felt soft and clean. This product removed all traces of make-up, all. Follow up with your ponds cream day and night and you will never regret it. Experience it yourself and you will testify for yourself to your friends and family.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is very YMMV. Having used their Makeup Remover with Cucumber cleanser and liking it a lot, I decided to try this since my skin gets drier in the winter, figuring it would be better since it is a richer formula. I love using a makeup removing product first, and then washing my face with my usual cleanser aftewards. I've tried many, from several cleansing oils (my personal favorite) to creams like this. I love how it's so easy to find (in every drugstore) and it is a classic, but it just doesn't work for me. Despite the fact that I wash my face afterwards to remove any residue, every time I've used this I've ended up with clogged pores. Not sure what is in this that causes it (the cucumber cleanser doesn't affect my skin this way) but this is definitely the culprit. I love the thick feel of it though, and even the scent, just can't use it. My skin is particularly sensitive to clogging and blackheads though. Worth a try, and it is a classic for a reason! Just be careful and watch for signs of how it may be affecting your skin!

on 1/14/2014 3:20:00 PM

I love Ponds Cold Cream. I am 36 years old and have had issues with acne / breakouts ever since I stopped taking birth control pills a few years ago. I have tried everything under the sun to clear my skin - prescriptions, proactiv, drug store products, department store products and "natural" remedies. Some helped a little but I still never felt confident in the results and the breakouts would always return within a few days, sometimes worse than before.

Ponds however, had changed my life. I know that sounds dramatic but its true! If you have acne, it really can put a crimp in your relationships, social life and most important, your self-esteem. Within one week the breakouts stopped and within two weeks, I was seeing supple, clear skin. Its amazing and I will never stop using this product.

Here is how I use the Ponds: PM - scoop some out and massage into skin for about 1-2 minute(s), rinse off with hot water / washcloth.(I use older, softer washcloths for the cold cream removal) and then pat my skin dry. Then, I take a little more and to use as a moisturizer. I have the same routine for the morning, except after washing off the cold cream I use the Ponds BB Cream for daytime SPF. The cold cream really is an all-in-one product and I love it!

on 1/14/2014 11:55:00 AM

I had to use this in a pinch and I broke out in zits and blackheads in one day.

on 1/14/2014 11:44:00 AM

Like I always say....fight fire with fire. I tend to be oily. When I put this on at night and in the morning, my skin is less oily. I don't even know why I stray away from this. I try other facial care products, washes, serums, etc....when the only thing I need for cleansing and moisturizing is this jar. I love this stuff. I can't say anything more that hasn't already been said, but I have a suggestion that works great for me. For a moisturizing mask, I slather a THICK layer of this all over my face. Then I heat a damp handtowel in the microwave for 30-40 seconds. I take out the cloth and wrap around my face. This helps the cream to really sink in and plump the skin. I leave it on for about 5 minutes, then I wipe the excess off. It helps to get rid of my blackheads and unclogs pores. There's a reason this has been around for so long.

on 1/14/2014 11:30:00 AM

THIS MAKES NO SENSE!!! I was desperate due to clogged pores and breaking out...I started looking on trusty MA for something new to try and realized this gets lots of positive reviews and I had a jar on hand from prior use as a makeup remover...I took the scarey plunge...thinking mineral oil bad....and used it as a cleanser day and night for three days only but the results are ASTOUNDING! I just rubbed it on my face for little while and night and took off with a warm damp washcloth...lot less mess than splashing all over the sink! And in the morning I just rubbed into skin and rubbed with warm washcloth in shower and rinsed off....I am shocked....in three days, all my clogged pores...and I have large pores that clog overnight I swear....THEY ARE ALMOST ALL GONE....this is a MIRACLE I tell ya! NOTHING has ever done that and I honestly figured I'd be broke out in the morning....crazy. My only conclusion must be that this does such an excellent job removing makeup that it's a mircale in a jar....will keep you updated if this turns south but for now....I"M SOLD! FOREVER! WOW

on 1/9/2014 10:13:00 AM

For those of you looking for a dupe for the ORIGINAL Ponds cold cream, check out Merle Norman gentle cleansing cream. The ingredients are almost exactly the same as the original Ponds except instead of ceresin it has paraffin (which from what I understand ceresin is mostly paraffin anyways) and the added ingredient of cocoa butter.

on 1/6/2014 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My all time favorite makeup remover. So easy, effective, and gentle to use. As a matter of fact, I use this all over face without using any other facial cleansers afterwards because the hot wet washcloth seems to remove not only my makeup but also any dirt along the way of removing the cold cream off my face.

on 1/4/2014 11:45:00 PM

MUST HAVE! Takes off all my makeup and leaves my skin so soft and supple. I've never noticed any acne problems caused from this. I use quite a bit of makeup up at times so this is great and it takes my mascara off so great I never have to tug on them and pull only to end up with less eye lashes. Sometimes in the winter when my skin is extra dry I use this as a mask and then wipe off and it's so great. I've never used any other cold cream really since this is what my grandmother used and she is 75 but looks 50 something so I trust her :)

on 12/31/2013 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I only use long wearing foundations and makeup due to my excessively oily skin. This takes everything off and leaves my skin moisturized. I'm acne prone and have not noticed an increase of breakouts. I do wish it came in a tube, I hate digging my fingers into this jar