Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream

4.3

Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride.

I've had great results using this twice a day (morning and evening). Normally my hands get really chapped in the winter but I haven't had any problems at all yet. It's fragrance-free which I love. It lasts through a couple hand washings, sure. It doesn't live up to the 24 hour claim but honestly, I wasn't expecting that. For me, this works amazingly well - I just have to apply it a little bit more often, especially before going outside.

on 12/22/2008 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My hands get very dry and scaley in the winter. I normally rely on the body shop's body butter but wanted something unscented and I generally like aveeno products. This one in particular jumped out because it promised to last for 24 hours.

Unfortunately, after using it for 2 weeks, this one went straight into the trash. It was not super moisturizing. It did not last 24 hours. In fact, it barely lasted 10 min because the product would "pill" off my hands - I would apply it, then it would rub off. If I made the mistake of re-applying it (even hours later), it would pill of even worse. It was gross. Do not buy.

on 12/15/2008 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this because I like most Aveeno products that I've tried. They are supposed to fragrance free and better for sensitive skin which is perfect for me. I am sometimes allergic to products with fragrance and my arms/hand area can be sensitive. My skin is normally dry all year long and it gets a lot worse during the winter. During the winter, if I don't take good care of my hands, they will become visibly dry and chapped..sometimes to the point where the back of my hand will develop colored spots. I'm sure you get the picture. I like this because it doesn't irritate my skin at all and it isn't too greasy. It sinks into the skin easily and quickly. Unfortunately, I would not repurchase because it takes a lot of effort for great results. On the tube, it says that it's supposed to last 24 hours and through hand washing but that's not my experience at all. When I apply this only 2 or 3x a day, it does absolutely nothing for me. As soon as I wash my hands, they become dry again. If I want the best results, I have to reapply this all day long..not only after washing my hands but whenever I have time which is inconvenient. I probably apply this at least 10x a day in order to keep my hands decently moisturized. People who don't have major issues with dryness probably don't have to reapply as often but for someone like me with major dryness issues, this don't cut it. I just don't have time to sit around all day and remind myself to apply lotion.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great hand cream. I have tried tons, from bbw to origins to loccitane etc. It smells a little funny and the bottle is too big for your purse but too small for the price. I think I paid 8 bucks which to me is a lot for aveeno although lord knows how much I have shelled out on other hand creams. Since I've been using this my hands are so much less dry it's amazing. They also don't get so uncomfortable right after washing them.

on 11/25/2008 3:22:00 PM

Pros:

-Doesn't have a strong odor
-Doesn't feel greasy

Cons:

-Does not last through hand washing
-Did nothing at giving relief to my dry hands

I definitely prefer other hand creams to this one which is surprising since I normally love Aveeno products.

on 11/24/2008 2:23:00 PM

It's awesome! My go-to for the winter. I find what I like best about it is that even after I wash my hands I can still feel that there is some left on there sheilding my skin. Also, as others note, there is no fragrance and it absorbs very quickly. The consistency is not too thick, but just right, thicker than most hand creams at the store. I prefer it immensely to Eucerin or Neutrogena and slightly prefer this to Avon silicone glove. I have pricier favorites (AHAVA, Kiehls) but this one really works very well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First of all, the tube is too big to carry in a purse. It moisturizes fairly well, however, I feel like it would not be thick enough if I had very very dry hands from the winter. Also, the price was a bit high, but I guess for the amount it was alright. Its fairly mediocre in my opinion. I think Neutrogena's Norwegian formula hand cream is better, though it takes a bit longer to absorb in.

on 10/29/2008 12:17:00 AM

This is awesome stuff. Little to no fragrance, and you don't need much to cover your hands. Long-lasting, too. I don't know that it necessarily holds up to handwashing or anything, but I would re-apply anyway. Great for dry winter days.

on 10/14/2008 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

i love this hand cream!! i bought it to use in the winter months when i lived somewhere colder. it moisturized my hands really well and kept the skin moist all day! i'm also a big hand washer - at least 5 times during my work day (i had a desk job at the time and my hands didn't really get dirty, i'm just OCD about dirty feeling hands :P ). this cream kept my hands moisturized even after all the hand washing.

the cream is a thick consistency and doesn't have any added fragrance. it soaks into dry skin really quickly and doesn't leave a greasy feeling with me.

i even bought a bottle for my bf and he's addicted to it too!

on 10/1/2008 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Just finished my first tube. Ok, first thing's first. The formula really does absorb fairly fast & easily into the skin leaving you with a non-greasy feel. GOOD if you are at work and typing on the keyboard as greasy handcreams will leave residues all over the place. It does feel like you need more if you are having a parchy-hand day. I like it because it is cheap, readily available, doesn't stink of some aromatherapy crap (the smell is borderline "clinical") and the smell disappears quite fast which is great. If you are after a handcream that gives you a slightly greasy feel (eg. crabtree, A'kin, jurlique or l'occitane) this might not be what you want. I give it a 4 simply because it is value for money. I personally quite like the small spout that the cream oozes out from - gives you more control over the quantity needed and the formula isn't runny like A'kin. Will buy for work purposes. :)