The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Kaolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propanediol, Alcohol Denat., Caprylyl Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Cyclohexasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Limonene, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, t-Butyl Alcohol, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Iron Oxides.

on 1/10/2011 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm glad this product has worked out well with many of you, in my case it does absolutely nothing. Has a nice texture, and my skin does feel fresher and cleaner...but only feels, it doesn't look that way and definetely does nothing about blemishes that started appearing again.
Sometimes I put it on blemishes at night but it's the same thing because the mask does not dry. Think I'm gonna stick to the Body Shop shower gels, they're awesome.

on 1/10/2011 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the absolute BEST product I have ever used on my face. I've been using it since summer of 2010 and when I came back to school everyone was complimenting me on my skin. And just today, my aunt started ranting about how clear my skin is. I love being in pictures now and I don't freak out about not putting loads and loads of makeup on every single day. This is just the best product and everyone could try it because The Body Shop has products for every type of skin. It's just fantastic.

on 1/3/2011 5:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I just washed this off my face a couple minutes ago.

When applied, it gives a tingly sensation that might cause your skin to be a tad red. I guess it means it's getting absorbed? (no?) Just tingly, not burning, pretty relaxing somehow.

You don't exactly need a very thick layer. so i scoop out a little (argh the tub) and place it on the back of my hand, before applying it on my face with a brush, and then going over on the blemishes.

I would wait till the mask turns abit opaque, like a chalky green (about 20mins) before washing it off with warm water. gives a soft,clean, refreshed skin with soothed pimples. i likey (:

on 12/17/2010 12:54:00 AM

I've used Body Shop tea tree products off and on for years now. They were a savior for me in high school, as they helped reduce inflammation and breakouts. Now that I'm older and don't get as many, I mainly just use the oil and the mask. I think the mask is a really great cleansing mask. I don't really know if it does anything in terms of clarity, (like reducing redness and brightening) but I guess in a way is does clear up skin in that it reduces the look/frequency of blemishes and breakouts. This mask certainly does give your skin a thorough cleansing. I feel like any excess oil, grimey build up is soaked up into this mask. Your skin will feel refreshed and smooth after your rinse it off. This mask is a little hard to get off, which can be annoying. Also the packaging is horrible and not hygenic at all. And because tea tree oil can lose its potency it really should be put into a tube. Other than that, this is a super product, I would definitely recommend trying it out!

this mask leaves my face cool, smooth and refreshed like it said it would. the only downfall for me was that on the packaging it didn't have any instructions on how to use the mask, even though almost all masks are leave on to dry and then rinse or peel off. some more info could've helped though. nonetheless, it's a great buy

on 11/18/2010 2:49:00 PM

Unfortunately these do not work for very stubborn acne like mine. I get nodular acne and cysts. I have tried EVERYTHING on the market for the last few years and nothing worked for me so I have currently started a treatment of accutane.
I am sure if you just get the odd few spots this could work very well for you. I love the smell of it too!

on 11/18/2010 2:24:00 PM

I love this mask. I've been using it for years. I have occasional breakouts, and while this mask doesn't make zits disappear, it does seem to make them less angry-looking and more soothed. I love the cool tingle of it, and it works well as an overnight spot treatment too! I've turned a couple friends onto it.

on 10/21/2010 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I LOVE this mask. It makes my skin look so nice. I don't have acne, only a few pimples on my forehead and nose. It doesn't get rid of them, but it makes them so much less noticeable. My pore are tiny after using this and my skin glows. I just used it (for the millionth time) a few minutes ago and I feel amazing. I took off a lippie because yeah, it doesn't get rid of acne very well and the packaging is irritating. If you don't use a spatula or spoon or something it could get unsanitary. Other than that it's fun, refreshing, and it makes my skin look beautiful. Honestly this may sound trite, but I feel great about myself after using this.

on 9/21/2010 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

It didn't really do anything for my skin. It was a nice fragrance and tecture but No go! I've been using it for overnight spot treatments, and It works well!! For masks, I love the Body shop seaweed ionic mask!!

on 8/22/2010 8:22:00 AM

i really like this mask. it really improved my skin.

PROS
- reduces redness
- visible helps my spots
- makes my skin feel fresh
- makes my skin feel smooth and very clean

CONS
- doesnt dry
- smells bad

Popular Masks