August 20, 2014 | 1916 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Outshine 01 anti frizz polishing milk

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2005 2:30:00 PM More reviews by preppymrazlover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this. i use this when I wear my hair down or blow dry it. It's awesome!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2005 4:15:00 PM More reviews by bigemom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product. I have long fine flat color treated hair. This makes my hair shiny and silky. Alot of products weigh my hair down and make it look greasy but not this one. It just smooths my hair. I only use a small amount so a container will last me a while. The smell is light and floral. It is a HG for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2005 5:48:00 PM More reviews by AG23

I love Redken and this is great, BUT only when you use a minimal amount. You may have to do a test run once or twice to see how much is too much. It does work though for smoothness and shine, but if you overdo it, you will have flat hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2005 2:13:00 PM More reviews by rpolisk

I have thick curly unruly hair which seems to get coarser by the year and i just cut it in layers around my face/to my shoulders. I have been using a mixture of Bumble and Bumble leave-in conditioner and curl leave-in on my longer hair but was getting stil too much frizzies and not a lot of shine. I had used Outshine by itself in the past, but found it is not nearly strong enought for my hair. However, my genius amazing hairdresser told me to use it together with Rewind paste also from Redken, to soften the pomade feel of Rewind, and add some shine. It's a miracle. The curls stay piecey and don't fade into a frizzy mess, the top frizz layer is under control, and there is a nice shine. For some reason, the combination of both products manages to balance their smell so that I haven't been smelling anything from my hair at all, which is rare for me and one of the reasons I don't use Aveda products. One thing, it helps to let the products dry, then run your fingers partly through curls to soften and loosen them. I love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2005 11:17:00 AM More reviews by beachkitty79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great product for hair that is very thick with a frizz problem. It doesn't give a lot of hold. It mostly just helps smooth without stickiness, which works great for thick and/or unruly hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2005 11:18:00 AM More reviews by maryk

This really did nothing for my hair. The smell and packaging were nice though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2005 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this product is marketed wrong, to me it acts as a really good leave-in that I can put on dry hair. It great for people who have super dry ends. I was looking for something that would moisturize my super dry ends and help it to lay flat - Outshine is it! I put the Outshine on my ends (let it dry), then I put some PM Super Skinny Serum on my hair before I flat iron, and the results are protected super soft shiny hair w/ no flyaways. I live in Las Vegas where the enviornment and hard water sucks all the moisture out of my hair, and Outshine really helps to stop my hair from getting super dry & helps to retain moisture. If you have thick very dry coarse hair that you flat iron straight - this product could benefit you too. It's great at keeping my hair moisturized. I'll never be without it. I've tried other similar products like Tigi After Party and FF Glossing Cream, but the Redken seems to actually be moisturizing my hair and makes it more managable. UPDATE: My cuticle doesn't seem to stay super flat all day with this. It's only temporary. I think I will only use this on lazy/casual days when I just want added moisture on my ends, to slick hair back, or to moisturize my curls when I wear my hair natural. Still an awesome product though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2005 12:42:00 PM More reviews by RachelDKT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG hair product! I don't know what it is, but ever since I started combing this through my hair before I blow dry it, my hair has been fabulous. I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2005 10:13:00 PM More reviews by ClaudiFab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite hair products! I generally dislike Redken, but this product smells good, does not make my hair sticky, and actually improves the condition of my hair!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2005 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Kara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall...Outshine is an ok product, but I would not purchase it (I received it in a swap). I have fine yet abundant hair that is also lightened, so it's on the dry side. I like my hair to have some volume and have a hard time finding products that provide moisture without weighing my hair down. I always use some type of leave-in, rotating between Redken's Anti-Snap and Loreal's Nature's Therapy Heat Control. I also will use some type of light smoothing lotion on my dry hair after styling.

I first used this on my dry hair, and it worked ok, but nothing great...it did smooth my hair without feeling heavy, but I did not see any difference in added shine. So, I decided to try it on my wet hair...not good! I did not use a lot, and even so, it made my hair look greasy and I could "feel" the product in my hair, which I hate. Since there are other products out there that do just as good of a job on dry hair, I would not purchase this.