Redken Outshine 01 anti frizz polishing milk

4.2

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Isostearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Behentrimonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium 11, Cetrimonium Chloride, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Propylparaben, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat protein, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride

This is my last step in the battle to combat frizzy hair. I rub a small amount of this styling creme in my palms and squeeze up som waves and volume while hair is still damp after cleaning and conditioning. It really gives a lovely shine to the hair. Sometimes I want to straighten my hair and blowdry it then this cream also helps with the straightening process. Its a cream and it does not give much hold but its not meant to anyway. The smell is a fresh "hairdresser" smell, I like it very much.

on 6/24/2005 9:33:00 AM

I bought this after all the great reviews here. Well yes, this is fantastic and doesn't weigh my hair down at all. Great when I blow dry and use with my anti-snap leave in. Bravo Redken!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love this. i use this when I wear my hair down or blow dry it. It's awesome!

on 5/12/2005 4:15:00 PM

I love this product. I have long fine flat color treated hair. This makes my hair shiny and silky. Alot of products weigh my hair down and make it look greasy but not this one. It just smooths my hair. I only use a small amount so a container will last me a while. The smell is light and floral. It is a HG for me.

on 5/9/2005 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love Redken and this is great, BUT only when you use a minimal amount. You may have to do a test run once or twice to see how much is too much. It does work though for smoothness and shine, but if you overdo it, you will have flat hair.

on 3/27/2005 2:13:00 PM

I have thick curly unruly hair which seems to get coarser by the year and i just cut it in layers around my face/to my shoulders. I have been using a mixture of Bumble and Bumble leave-in conditioner and curl leave-in on my longer hair but was getting stil too much frizzies and not a lot of shine. I had used Outshine by itself in the past, but found it is not nearly strong enought for my hair. However, my genius amazing hairdresser told me to use it together with Rewind paste also from Redken, to soften the pomade feel of Rewind, and add some shine. It's a miracle. The curls stay piecey and don't fade into a frizzy mess, the top frizz layer is under control, and there is a nice shine. For some reason, the combination of both products manages to balance their smell so that I haven't been smelling anything from my hair at all, which is rare for me and one of the reasons I don't use Aveda products. One thing, it helps to let the products dry, then run your fingers partly through curls to soften and loosen them. I love this stuff.

on 3/8/2005 11:17:00 AM

This is a great product for hair that is very thick with a frizz problem. It doesn't give a lot of hold. It mostly just helps smooth without stickiness, which works great for thick and/or unruly hair.

on 2/19/2005 11:18:00 AM

This really did nothing for my hair. The smell and packaging were nice though.

on 2/12/2005 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I think this product is marketed wrong, to me it acts as a really good leave-in that I can put on dry hair. It great for people who have super dry ends. I was looking for something that would moisturize my super dry ends and help it to lay flat - Outshine is it! I put the Outshine on my ends (let it dry), then I put some PM Super Skinny Serum on my hair before I flat iron, and the results are protected super soft shiny hair w/ no flyaways. I live in Las Vegas where the enviornment and hard water sucks all the moisture out of my hair, and Outshine really helps to stop my hair from getting super dry & helps to retain moisture. If you have thick very dry coarse hair that you flat iron straight - this product could benefit you too. It's great at keeping my hair moisturized. I'll never be without it. I've tried other similar products like Tigi After Party and FF Glossing Cream, but the Redken seems to actually be moisturizing my hair and makes it more managable. UPDATE: My cuticle doesn't seem to stay super flat all day with this. It's only temporary. I think I will only use this on lazy/casual days when I just want added moisture on my ends, to slick hair back, or to moisturize my curls when I wear my hair natural. Still an awesome product though.

on 1/28/2005 12:42:00 PM

HG hair product! I don't know what it is, but ever since I started combing this through my hair before I blow dry it, my hair has been fabulous. I'd definitely repurchase.

Popular Styling Products