April 19, 2014 | 1320 users online

Scrubs - Murad - AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by snowflake822

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for a long time. I use it twice a week and I use it as an exfoliant not really as a cleanser. I wouldn't use it everyday since it has AHA/BHA's in it that makes it take off your layers of skin and if you use it everyday you start taking off the skin layers you need to protect you from the sun and other environmental damages. I like the way it evens out my skin and gives me a healthy glow. I like that it is a gentle scrub that is also cleansing; that way it cuts out a step. A little bit goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2008 1:45:00 PM More reviews by moondogfluffy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this as a sample from Sephora and I liked it enough to purchase it, despite the $35 price tag (it is a very large tube though). Its not very scubby, so I use this more as a face wash than an exfoliator, and I use a separate exfoliator. However, as a face wash, its very nice. Its gentle and leaves skin soft. It lathers, not too much. I use it with my Clarisonic ( I know you aren't supposed to, but there aren't that many grains, so its not very harsh). I love the fact that it doesn't have a strong obnoxious scent like so many face washes. Good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2007 1:44:00 AM More reviews by iheartbunnies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this about 3 times per week in the bath. It does a great job of exfoliating, without being harsh like most scrubs and ripping up my face. Sometimes if I go a day without washing my face, I feel dirty and uneven even after using my regular cleanser, and that is when this really comes in handy.

I wouldn't recommend it as your only cleanser, as gentle as it is, it might be a bit much for everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by christielee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This in combination with the Murad Ance Complex Kit is my HG skincare routine. My skin no longer has those wee small bumps under the skin that would keep my skin from being perfect. This cleanser has also helped with my exsisting acne scars and they are much lighter than they once were. I use this about 3x a week at night after washing with the Gel cleanser. The smell is great and my face feels so clean and refreshed!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2007 4:37:00 PM More reviews by janelle811

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So, I got this product as a sample at Sephora. I've used it a few times, and it seemed good right after. Then, after about a week, I ended up w/some cystic acne.... and I'm thinking it was due to this. However, it could just be purging the skin, or maybe its stress, idk. So, I'm going to wait and see if it clears up, and maybe I'll try this again at another time, but for now I wouldnt purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 9:40:00 AM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this as an exfoliator 2x per week. I have combo skin but this would be too rough/drying to use everyday in winter. It reminds me a lot of neutrogena Visibly Even. I just love the fresh, clean smell of this. It's hard to describe. I got this as a very generous sample from sephora. a little bit goes a long way. not sure if it has any real anti-aging benefits, since I'm not looking for that in the first place. Just a nice basic, gentle scrub.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2007 1:45:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this a like 6 months ago and barely used it. I dont know why I abandoned it but its really nice, and Im glad I didnt toss it. Ive been looking to simplify my skincare and wanted a cleanser/scrub/exfoliator all in one, and this certain does it. it foams up nicely, has TINY scrubbers in it (but enough to be effective!), and has salicylic acid, glycolic acid, and lactic acid, so just washing your face with it for a minute or so give some chemical exfoliation, which is nice for my acne prone skin. Some people have issues with AHAs breaking them out, so they shouldnt use this. I just ordered skinceuticals clarifying cleanser, and havent gotten it in the mail yet, but I imagine they are similar (the skinceuticals has Salicylic acid and glycolic acid too, but has mandelic acid instead of lactic acid, and is supposed to have scrubbies too). So far I really like it, I will update later.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2007 8:07:00 PM More reviews by bumblebeezer

I use this a few times a week as a scrub. Nice little scrubbies that aren't too harsh and the AHA and BHA helps to get my skin smoother and cleaner without too much irritation. A little expensive but its also a big tube. Hasn't aggravated any breakouts thus far, which is key. I have only noticed a slight improvement in clogged pores but I also have to keep in mind that its on my skin for about 15 seconds. Overall, its very nice and I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2007 7:43:00 PM More reviews by alidog

This is a great product for my skin, and here are my findings:

PROS:
- It is a great exfoliator, and safe enough to use every single day
-It takes off makeup like a dream, even eye makeup
-You just feel "clean" when you use it
-You only need a dime-sized amount, so the bottle lasts about 6 months (yes, even when I use it twice a day!).
-Makes a great clean, soft face right before you put your makeup on
-Contains both acids, so it's great for wrinkles, and adult acne (double whammy for me)

CONS:
-THe price

This product was recommended to me by a derm. who usually does not like too many murad products. She told me that it will be a little harsh at first, but to continue using it... every day, twice a day. After about a week, my face was used to the constant exfoliating.. and it is my absolute favorite. I do use a lot of other products on my face but this is one that I will never skimp on. It is rather expensive, but the amount and the time it lasts is well worth it. I also like that you can get it at a lot of stores, so you don't need to only order it online. If you go to ULTA you can get a sample, and that sample will last you about 3 days... so i'd at least try it if you have some adult acne or you would like a real safe exfoliator. Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2007 1:07:00 AM More reviews by EHdez7

LOVE, love, love this scrub! This is great for keeping pores clear between facials. It has salicylic acid and glycolic so it's very effective. I use it mainly in the t-zone (paying attention to the pores on and around my nose) after cleansing. In the summer I can use this almost every night since the jojoba beads aren't too abrasive but if youre combo-dry, I would use it less frequently (2-3 times a week maybe).