December 20, 2014 | 1761 users online

Scrubs - Murad - AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by KarenMixa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just a nice gentle exfoliant that helps keep my pores a little clearer and helps my husband's ingrown hair problem. Leaves my skin feeling clean and comfortable. I use it about 3 times a week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 9:17:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

WOW! I had my initiation into the AHA/BHA world with this, and I definitely intend to carry on. Somewhat sceptical about exfoliation - I live in a sunny climate, don't like sunscreen, have some cracked veins etc etc, I was trying to clear my face with all sorts of other things and was using serums for PORES, god bless them. However, this one made it for me. Just after the first use, I could notice a big difference on the overall toning of my skin, no redness nothing, a healthy, supple, durable smoothness and a firm softness. And, DIMINISHED PORES! This was the surprise of the day, as my pores are determined to be visible regardless of my regimen. This exfoliator has helped especially with the ones slowly invading the areas near my nose. Also, my face responds to serum really well after this exfoliator. After my second tube, the effects are reliably there - no breakouts or anything.

The formula contains most things known to human kind -AHA/BHA, jojoba, but I think the real benefit comes from the AHAs and then slightly from jojoba beads. BHA's are oil soluble so in my experience they give better results with masks, as they can stay on skin for longer. Therefore, I resist temptation and don't use this more than twice a week. This gives me room for a salicylic clay mask once a week.

It has a very clean smell, slightly on the bleachy side for me and when the actual "burning" (never a sensation on my skin that burns even with toner, but the chemical process) takes place, it may make my eyes water a bit. Still, it's just for a second or so; why not do it eyes wide shut:) The package allows me to use it till the last bit, and a little goes a long way; so, it's not expensive at all. I don't want to swear by this brand, but I can swear with this AHA/BHA stuff. Highly recommended.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

EDIT: Have been having terrible breakouts lately and traced them back to this scrub. I already knew I was sensitive to AHAs so I had to stop using it. My skin reacted badly to the Alpha Hydrox souffle as well. If you are sensitive to AHAs, keep an eye on your skin with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2008 2:31:00 PM More reviews by tideturns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

holy moly! i bought this product two days ago- and it seems like every exfoliant ive tried doesnt do the job- but then i tried this one and my skin is suddenly refreshed and finally glowing-
i have very sensitive skin- so most exfoliants are too harsh- but i also have acne-prone skin so i need something tough enough to exfoliate enough- this is my HG of exfoliants.... its not harsh- and my face looks noticeably better in the morning.
i would recommend to anyone with sensitive or acne prone skin- a real find.

EDIT: 3/31/08:
still love this stuff- i went a little nuts exfoliating more often than i should have but lately i am back down to 1-2 times a week and i love the results. now i just need help with everything else (i have redness like a mofo)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2008 8:04:00 AM More reviews by ernestine_lk

this is the best scrub product I have ever used,I had large pores around my nose.
But they were all gone after I started using this,It has a light texture;there are no big particles in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by snowflake822

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for a long time. I use it twice a week and I use it as an exfoliant not really as a cleanser. I wouldn't use it everyday since it has AHA/BHA's in it that makes it take off your layers of skin and if you use it everyday you start taking off the skin layers you need to protect you from the sun and other environmental damages. I like the way it evens out my skin and gives me a healthy glow. I like that it is a gentle scrub that is also cleansing; that way it cuts out a step. A little bit goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2008 1:45:00 PM More reviews by moondogfluffy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this as a sample from Sephora and I liked it enough to purchase it, despite the $35 price tag (it is a very large tube though). Its not very scubby, so I use this more as a face wash than an exfoliator, and I use a separate exfoliator. However, as a face wash, its very nice. Its gentle and leaves skin soft. It lathers, not too much. I use it with my Clarisonic ( I know you aren't supposed to, but there aren't that many grains, so its not very harsh). I love the fact that it doesn't have a strong obnoxious scent like so many face washes. Good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2007 1:44:00 AM More reviews by iheartbunnies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this about 3 times per week in the bath. It does a great job of exfoliating, without being harsh like most scrubs and ripping up my face. Sometimes if I go a day without washing my face, I feel dirty and uneven even after using my regular cleanser, and that is when this really comes in handy.

I wouldn't recommend it as your only cleanser, as gentle as it is, it might be a bit much for everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by christielee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This in combination with the Murad Ance Complex Kit is my HG skincare routine. My skin no longer has those wee small bumps under the skin that would keep my skin from being perfect. This cleanser has also helped with my exsisting acne scars and they are much lighter than they once were. I use this about 3x a week at night after washing with the Gel cleanser. The smell is great and my face feels so clean and refreshed!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2007 4:37:00 PM More reviews by janelle811

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So, I got this product as a sample at Sephora. I've used it a few times, and it seemed good right after. Then, after about a week, I ended up w/some cystic acne.... and I'm thinking it was due to this. However, it could just be purging the skin, or maybe its stress, idk. So, I'm going to wait and see if it clears up, and maybe I'll try this again at another time, but for now I wouldnt purchase it again.