November 29, 2014 | 1552 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Toner

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by kz59

I have been using this product for around 5 years on my now-50 year old skin, and it has definitely improved the texture (warning - this is not an overnight solution for your pores - you must have patience). The pores on my nose don't seem much different, but that's a major problem area. The toner smells nice and light (many out there are heavily perfumed), does not sting unless you have a deep pimple, and is great at removing grime and makeup. I have combination skin, and it cleans the oily t-zone but does not dry out the cheeks. It has unfortunately become really difficult to find; just managed to grab a few bottles at Ulta, but I'm stumped if they stop carrying it. I'm really hoping this isn't a sign that the company is ready to discontinue - I will be heartbroken.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by calluses

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a huge Neutrogena fan, but this is pretty much just plain toner. I never had any pores "refined" because of it. It does smell nice and leaves my skin feeling clean and "fresh", though. It's not cheap, but not pricey, either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Mrs_Pooky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't say that I've experienced any refining of my pores, but I do like this toner. It contains both BHA and AHA and it's within the proper pH to be effective (I called Neutrogena's customer service to verify this). It's a little on the high side for BHA, but it still seems to be effective. I find the scent to be refreshing and nice. Most scents give me a headache, so this was a nice surprise. It isn't irritating to my sensitive skin and leaves it feeling nice and clean and soft after cleansing. The price is decent, too, and I like that I can purchase it at any drugstore or Wal-Mart. The packaging is just what I would expect for a toner, so no complaints there.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by LuckyTiger44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Eh...I find all the toners by Neutrogena pretty comparible. I thought this one would actually refine my pores, but don't see any difference between this one and their other toners. All the same, but I will keep buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2010 6:42:00 AM More reviews by teenagewasteland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've only been using this product for a couple of days, but i'm stoked! I've never used a toner before, but I was sick of my shiny, oily face - egh. After reading the positive reviews, I got this. My skin isn't oily all day!!! I'm so excited! I use this with the st. ives green tea naturally clear cleanser. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by swirly_whirl85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first tried this toner it was very harsh and made me break out, but now that my skin has gotten used to it, it's working for me. It's not the best, as I do find it too harsh for my sensitive, combo skin, but it's not the worst toner I've ever tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by pim1079

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I use it at night with the Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser and it gives me this glow afterwards. The smell is kind of sweet and it's not drying at all. I have very acne-prone skin and using this product hasn't broke me out and helped my acne scars fade. I really like the packaging because it's nicer than the other Neutrogena products (the design), I don't know why though. I will definitely buy this product again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2009 5:10:00 AM More reviews by sunshineflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this toner. Its hydrating and it smells really nice. It does help with minimizing my pore size, but when I stopped using a toner for 2 months my pores got big again.But I went back to using it my pore shrunk again. Nonetheless I recommend this product, it lasts a long time too. Most stores don't carry this product but I found mine at Walmart.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by HQ

I have been using this product for about 1 year and I am very happy with its results. As far as "refining the pores", I really did not see much of a difference with that, BUT this toner takes off a lot of dirt from my skin, even after I have used make up remover wipes and cleansed my face. I can literally see the dirt on my cotton pad which is plus point for me because I know that this toner is really getting deep into my skin and taking out the dirt. It leaves my skin fresh and smooth and can be drying if you do not use a moisturizer after this. Lastly, it smells great!
I definetly recommend this for people who dont want to shed a lot of money on a toner but still want clean, smoot and toned skin. 4/5 for me =)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by mom23girls

I've been using this product for at least a year now and I won't be without it! It does tighten, brighten and tone the skin. It also gives it a bit of a "glow" too. If I run out or miss a day or two...I can tell a big difference in my skin! Love it!